Austin Kearns, a minor leaguer

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='CJandPW' date='Jun 12 2005, 04:59 PM']are you fucking serious?? why the hell would they do that?
[right][post="102150"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ummm! because he sucks!

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 12 2005, 12:13 PM']Ummm!      because he sucks!
[right][post="102154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i second that motion.

perhaps they can show him where the motherfucking strike zone is and what he is supposed to do with his bat in the bottom of the ninth with 2 on and 2 out down by 1..

that motherfucker has been on my siht list for weeks.

if dunn wasnt banking baseballs off US bank arena between strikeouts and pop outs he would be right there with him.

It's about time they did something with Kearns - he has to get some at bats and he isn't getting that in Cincy. One of them outfielders is getting traded by the trading deadline, not sure who, but one is going. I would bet on Kearns going.

I'd trade Dunn too for the right deal. I'm sick of walk, strikeout, HR stats of his. Hitting 235 plus or minus, never seems to get a big hit when they need it, great at hitting bombs when they're up a lot. He has already indicated that he wants to play for the Astros and he will in two years when he is eligible for FA. If I were to trade him (Dunn) or Kearns, I'd probably trade Dunn first.

I agree that he needs to learn the strike zone though, he takes a lot of third strikes. However, he needs to play and play regularly. I Wily Mo is healthy, I believe he plays ahead of Kearns, that guy can be unreal in time. Stuck with Griffey, that's just the way it is.

I think Randa goes to a contender at the deadline too, maybe Aurelia too. I wouldn't be surprised to see Merker go too. We may Encarcion if Randa goes.

All in all, this year is over, it is time to regroup. Lopez is tearing it up, I can't believe that Aurelia has such a problem with it. Can't he see that what Felipe brings us far surpasses what he brings at going on 34 years old. He'll be shipped out, they're showcasing him now. It's a shame that they don't have Todd Jones, he is doing a great job closing in Florida. Graves will stink it up in NY too, my belief. Tipping his pitches or not, he's done.

I don't know where to start with the pitching. Harang is the ace, Claussen pitched great yesterday and is coming on. Wilson hasn't pitched in a month, not sure if the layoff will help or not. Milton is officially a bust, a bust that we're stuck with for another two years. I'm not sure he can make the adjustments that he needs to make. He needs to completely change what he is doing, become more finesse, ball down, change speeds etc. Hudson may be a shot in the arm and Hancock should be too when he returns. I don't have much faith in Wagner, he has two pitches and if hitters lay off his out of the strike zone slider, he is very hittable. Belisle could be a better answer at the back end. Coffey hasn't been bad and could get better and better. The new lefty has been good - so far, name escapes me.

They have a lot of problems, they won't be fixed this year and probably not for a couple years if they play it right. What are the odds of that. Why didn't they draft a stud pitcher with the 12th pick - signability? Good teams retool every year and always seems to get a lot out of that retooling. We build and re-build. I think that we should make a run at Rijo to be our pitching coach - Gully has had his time. I can't believe the former Reds who are with the Nationals - same ol Jim Bowden. They are thick in the race though and we are not. Enough rambling.

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 12 2005, 12:25 PM']I can't stand Kearns!  never could, maybe its those ears, why don't he get something done with them, [b]maybe a medical procedure or something or at least sew them to his head or something [/b] :mellow:
[right][post="102173"][/post][/right][/quote]

:mellow: :mellow: :huh: :huh: :o :o :lol: :lol: :lol: [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

You could paddle a boat or pick up cellphone signals with those things....

:lol:

Guest whodey 85

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 12 2005, 01:25 PM']I can't stand Kearns!  never could, [b]maybe its those ears[/b], why don't he get something done with them, maybe a medical procedure or something or at least sew them to his head or something :mellow:
[right][post="102173"][/post][/right][/quote]

Fly Dumbo, Fly!

I'd rather have Austin Kearns in the outfield than Wily Mo. Sure Wily can hit homeruns, but did he not miss a ball hit by Tejada the other night that allowed a run? Baseball is a team sport not individual. If Kearns doesn't get a hit in the 9th with 2 outs and runners in scoring position that means 2 other guys didn't get a hit either! He will be back real soon, if not for us for another team and tear it up. I think Kearns will learn how to use those ears to hear what pitch is being thrown!

I used to be as big a Kearns fan as anyone. He had the ability to play well in every aspect in the game. I since have changed my mind though.

He has shown no ability at all to stay healthy. As you mentioned with staring at strike three with runners on, he has lost all plate discipline he had. Also, look at him now and then look at a pic of him three years ago. He is clearly not in the best shape he could be.

I still think the guy has the talent to be a good starting outfielder. But at the same time I don't think he has the work ethic or discipline to do it.

I say trade him while he has any value left.

[quote name='Pdub#1' date='Jun 12 2005, 09:29 PM']I'd rather have Austin Kearns in the outfield than Wily Mo. Sure Wily can hit homeruns, but did he not miss a ball hit by Tejada the other night that allowed a run? Baseball is a team sport not individual. If Kearns doesn't get a hit in the 9th with 2 outs and runners in scoring position that means 2 other guys didn't get a hit either! He will be back real soon, if not for us for another team and tear it up.  I think Kearns will learn how to use those ears to hear what pitch is being thrown!
[right][post="102284"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Pena didnt make the catch, but Im not to sure Kearns would have either.
Tejada got a triple, but if I can remember correctly no runs scored in that inning.

Pena is SO much hotter at the plate than Kearns...and has always been, dating back to last year! Sure, the kid can be a defensive liability out there sometimes, but...he is learning how to hit a breaking ball!
Kearns has skills, but I would rather trade him than keep him.
You could argue that we need the added depth in the OF because of Griffey's propensity to get hurt, but....Kearns has the same problem! Plus we have Freel...
I honestly sometimes wish that Sean Casey could play another position because Dunn is a horrible outfielder, and a guy who is feast or famine at the plate. He should be more of an RBI machine, but seems to only blast solo homers when it doesn't matter much. I like Dunn better at 1b than in left. But I'd rather we traded BOTH Dunn and Kearns for pitching and kept Casey. The Mayor is heart and soul...I don't want to trade him, despite his deficiencies.
Pena should be playing every day when healthy or Miley should be fired.....

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 13 2005, 12:06 AM']Pena is SO much hotter at the plate than Kearns...and has always been, dating back to last year! Sure, the kid can be a defensive liability out there sometimes, but...he is learning how to hit a breaking ball!
Kearns has skills, but I would rather trade him than keep him.
You could argue that we need the added depth in the OF because of Griffey's propensity to get hurt, but....Kearns has the same problem!  Plus we have Freel...
I honestly sometimes wish that Sean Casey could play another position because Dunn is a horrible outfielder, and a guy who is feast or famine at the plate.  He should be more of an RBI machine, but seems to only blast solo homers when it doesn't matter much.  I like Dunn better at 1b than in left.  But I'd rather we traded BOTH Dunn and Kearns for pitching and kept Casey.  The Mayor is heart and soul...I don't want to trade him, despite his deficiencies.
Pena should be playing every day when healthy or Miley should be fired.....
[right][post="102357"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

no post you have ever made has made more sense than that one...

although i would go ahead and trade dunn in a heartbeat

ya know.. dunn can do this, kearns can do that... its time some big changes are made around here, the bengals are doing it, and the reds are going to lose out big time if they dont get on the ball... they have far far far more seats to try and fill than the bengals..

35-40K x 81 home games

65k x 10 home games even counting preseason..

and sadly.. the reds payroll is lower...

i think we need someone new in charge of the team,
a new head coach
a new pitching coach
to trade kearns and some cash for a pitcher
trade dunn and some cash for another pitcher
give freel an everyday starting job

here is out lineup as i see it

casey - he has few, if any, faults, good to have.
freel - energizer bunny, needs about 1 day a week off to recharge
griffey - great if healthy, need a solid backup though, just in case
pena - young, monster at the plate, can improve his fielding, not a liability at all.
randa - nice defensively, average at the plate, good addition. batting 300-ish
lopez - improving each game, at the plate and in field, a keeper.
aurillia - good at the moment we shall see what developes.
pitching, keep harang, claussen, cut all other losses..no idea on bullpen tho.
dunn - trade him, not improving at anything, hurry before other teams notice.
kearns - trade him quickly.
larue - should have valentin's job, get a major leageu cather please.

pena and lopez are becoming fan favorites, freel isnt far behind....

wily mo struck out today and got applause... dunn strikes out and you here banter and wispers and me saying "you suck dunn, go back to dayton"

im affraid.. we are mearly weeks of this nonsense away from becoming the "Cincinnati Rungles"

One thing that gets me is a lot of people pegged Kearns a superstar in waiting and we've been waiting and waiting and to this point he has played enough to prove that at his best he is a average player

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 13 2005, 06:07 PM']One thing that gets me is a lot of people pegged Kearns a superstar in waiting and we've been waiting and waiting and to this point he has played enough to prove that at his best he is a average player
[right][post="102647"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
In Kearns defense he is still only 25, still has a couple years before he's labeled a complete bust.

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 12 2005, 12:13 PM']Ummm!      because he sucks!
[right][post="102154"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Guest Claptonrocks
Good move sending Austin Kearns to minors.. He needs to get his fatass in shape and learn to be aggressive with the bat again....
Why in the hell would the Reds let him gain 20 excess lbs???
This team looks like a walking billboard for the Clumps...Casey, Dunn, Kearns and the now departed Graves are all overweight.....
Dunn has taken 25 called third strikes now..second in all of baseball.. He looks for the walk toooooooooo much anymore... He needs to cut down his swing but he wont.. Noone to tell him not to...

Guest BengalsOwn
[quote name='Claptonrocks' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:07 PM']Good move sending Austin Kearns to minors.. He needs to get his fatass in shape and learn to be aggressive with the bat again....
Why in the hell would the Reds let him gain 20 excess lbs???
This team looks like a walking billboard for the Clumps...Casey, Dunn, Kearns and the now departed Graves are all overweight.....
Dunn has taken 25 called third strikes now..second in all of baseball.. He looks for the walk toooooooooo much anymore... He needs to cut down his swing but he wont.. Noone to tell him not to...
[right][post="103058"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

They look like they've spent the last 5 years working in a desk.

I thought these guys were supposed to be athletes?

We fucking suck.

Bad.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 16 2005, 01:31 AM']They look like they've spent the last 5 years working in a desk.

I thought these guys were supposed to be athletes?

We fucking suck.

Bad.
[right][post="103548"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

The Reds have the worst in MLB

Medical staff
Coaches
GM
Owner
Players

Add it all up and its a bad combination

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:37 AM']The Reds have the worst in MLB

Medical staff
Coaches
GM
Owner
Players

[right][post="103683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Ummm add it all up and that`s the WHOLE FRANCHISE !

They do have a nice new Ball Park though...

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 16 2005, 08:37 AM']The Reds have the worst in MLB

Medical staff
Coaches
GM
Owner
Players

[right][post="103683"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

Add to that they are thinking about trading away one of their better players (Sean Casey) and they suck even worse.

Archived