Lost the will to win? You've been 'Bengal-ized'

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1311778233' post='1004318']
I watched this press conference and it wasn't that bad. Marvin said his stupid "that way" after every other sentence. (What does that even mean?)

However, the press conference announcing Marvin's re-hire really was one of the saddest things I've ever seen as a Bengals fan. It was clear as day that Mike had "won." There weren't going to be any changes won at all by Marvin in the negotiations. Practice dome? Not a priority now. Changes in the personnel department? Not necessary as Mike pointed out some obscure fact about percentage of draft picks still with the organization that somehow proved he was a kick ass GM. It was so obvious that MB saw zero problems with the way the organization was being run and everything was going to be business as usual moving forward. And Marvin was just forced to eat a shit sandwich and sit there listening to Brown prattle on about how great the scouting department was because they got Brian Leonard 2 years before...

There is a lot of truth in this article unfortunately.
[/quote]

1. I still don't understand why people think that press conference was going to go any other way. Concessions or no, Marvin and Mike weren't going to talk about mike being an idiot and all the changes Marvin was going to make.

2. Brat is gone. No way that happened because Mike Brown had planned on doing that.

3. We've had another draft without big character concern guys. That's not a Mike Brown move.

I think Marvin and Katie are getting more say every year, and I don't think it will ever be shown in a way that makes Mike look bad.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311778673' post='1004324']
I don't think you have to get anything for him.
We didn't get anything for Odell Thurman, David Pollack, Rich Braham ect.[/quote]

And we have only had one winning season in the 5 years since we lost them.

Saying that "noting" is better than "something" is absurd. The Bengals deserve to be shit on for this move.

The article is slanted but overall fits the reputation of the franchise. The accuracy of individual players and seasons gets painted with the same brush of loser.

I'm not sure that's wrong. As Bengal fans we do not get what we want which is Mike Brown out of the picture. Some try to remain positive others buried down in hate. As a result we micro manage every bit of the operation etc. Disect every situation.

In the end all we should care about is the Win column. Mike does not drive accountability to that. He allowed a 4 win coach to return despite an improved roster for a defending division champ. If you don't demand accoutability these are the perceptions you create.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1311779114' post='1004332']
The article is slanted but overall fits the reputation of the franchise. The accuracy of individual players and seasons gets painted with the same brush of loser.

I'm not sure that's wrong. [b] As Bengal fans we do not get what we want which is Mike Brown out of the picture. [/b] Some try to remain positive others buried down in hate. As a result we micro manage every bit of the operation etc. Disect every situation.

In the end all we should care about is the Win column. Mike does not drive accountability to that. He allowed a 4 win coach to return despite an improved roster for a defending division champ. If you don't demand accoutability these are the perceptions you create.
[/quote]

I don't want Mike Brown out of the picture. I want Mike Brown to realize Mike Brown decisions are not very good. I like Mike Brown. I'm actually pretty impressed by him saying FUCK YOU to Carson.

However, if he wasn't so Mike Brown'ish, this situation would have never happened.

The team gets shit on because the owner is such a stupid DUMBFUCK that he thinks his personal fucking vendetta is more important than getting solid value for a QB that does not want to FUCKING play here.

IT FUCKING proves nothing and ONLY hurts the team and its fans.

SO A HEARTY FUCK YOU TO YOU!

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1311779094' post='1004330']
1. I still don't understand why people think that press conference was going to go any other way. Concessions or no, Marvin and Mike weren't going to talk about mike being an idiot and all the changes Marvin was going to make.

2. Brat is gone. No way that happened because Mike Brown had planned on doing that.

3. We've had another draft without big character concern guys. That's not a Mike Brown move.

I think Marvin and Katie are getting more say every year, and I don't think it will ever be shown in a way that makes Mike look bad.
[/quote]

Fair post mongo, but I still disagree with the majority of it. You can give Marvin more say over personnel decisions without making Mike out to be an idiot. It was more than Mike just saving face. It was him announcing there would be no changes. No new scouts hired. No changes in the way evaluations were done. No new practice facility, etc. You could announce those changes without him looking like an idiot or admitting he was wrong. It's called progress and moving forward. That press conference still boggles my mind.

I also think Marvin wanted Brat gone and didn't get his way until Carson threatened retirement. Firing brat was Mike's hail mary to try to get Carson to re-consider. It didn't work, but I don't think it was Marvin getting his way. That was all about reaching out to Carson in my opinion.

I can't prove it, but I personally think Marvin wanted Chad out. He has become detrimental to the team. I think Mike wants to keep him for whatever reason (he has a contract!). We are seeing how little sway Marvin really has.

[quote name='H.B. Bengal' timestamp='1311779421' post='1004336']
The team gets shit on because the owner is such a stupid DUMBFUCK that he thinks his personal fucking vendetta is more important than getting solid value for a QB that does not want to FUCKING play here.

IT FUCKING proves nothing and ONLY hurts the team and its fans.

SO A HEARTY FUCK YOU TO YOU!
[/quote]

Also, do you think any free agents like this stance Mike Brown is taking?

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1311779829' post='1004342']
When he posts right after me, I do tend to take a look just so if I need to bash him, I can! :lol:
[/quote]

I am your friend, don't ignore me :( :angel:

[quote name='saphead' timestamp='1311780448' post='1004344']
The author wrote the article while spooning on the couch with Paul Daugherty. They were wearing matching sweat suits.
[/quote]

They was mean to the Bengals

[img]http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1380/1055569383_7254689907.jpg[/img]

[quote name='happyrid' timestamp='1311779074' post='1004329']
One of the top 10 dumbest arguments ever made on go-bengals. Congrats.

Because guys getting kicked out of the league or retiring due to career ending injuries and having no choice of whether or not to get draft picks for them is exactly the same thing as turning up your nose at a possible 1st rounder for a 31 QB who is healthy and many teams would love to have.

It's such a dumb argument I'm not even going to waste my time refuting it. Holy shit, what has happened to you old?
[/quote]

I have really been trying to not go off on all the dumbasses here, I really have.
But sometimes I just need to release or I will have to kick my dog or something.
And my dog doesn't need kicked. It's a good dog. So here it goes.

Obviously you are too fucking stupid to get the point. The point was this team has lost players for
whatever reason in the past. And they moved on. They obviously don't HAVE to get something for Carson,
or there wouldn't be an option. Obviously there is an option besides getting something for him.
And MB is exercising that option. You dumb motherfuckers that bash on MB for not trading also bash
on him for how he runs the team and other shit. So what the fuck makes you think he would get anything
but a fucking bust of a draft pick for Carson? You dumbasses talk out of both sides of your mouths.

Carson put this team in a bind. Even Whitworth said it. Carson is the one that should be bashed mercilessly.
He put this team and MB in a no win situation. You dumb motherfuckers act like just because they get a draft
pick that it will be a good player. But then bash on Bengals draft picks before they even put on a helmet.

"Carson wants out because MB is a shitty owner and this is a shitty organization. But hey, let's get something
for him so we can bitch about that pick and how stupid it was to help whatever team and give Carson what
his Wife wants!"

90% of you dumbass motherfuckers were bashing on Carson all season long. Even saying the Bengals
should just flat out cut him. Now, we are horrible and will suck and have to get something for him.

I swear you dumbasses make my fucking head hurt sometimes. That's why I spend more time reading Twitter
and looking for articles than anything you fucking dumbass motherfuckers have to say anymore.

Oh and FUCK YOU HB BENGAL YOU FUCKING CHODE. Climb back under your rock you piece of fucking shit.

Hallelujah! hOLY SHIT! Pass the tylenol!

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311780613' post='1004348']
I have really been trying to not go off on all the dumbasses here, I really have.
But sometimes I just need to release or I will have to kick my dog or something.
And my dog doesn't need kicked. It's a good dog. So here it goes.

Obviously you are too fucking stupid to get the point. The point was this team has lost players for
whatever reason in the past. And they moved on. They obviously don't HAVE to get something for Carson,
or there wouldn't be an option. Obviously there is an option besides getting something for him.
And MB is exercising that option. You dumb motherfuckers that bash on MB for not trading also bash
on him for how he runs the team and other shit. So what the fuck makes you think he would get anything
but a fucking bust of a draft pick for Carson? You dumbasses talk out of both sides of your mouths.

Carson put this team in a bind. Even Whitworth said it. Carson is the one that should be bashed mercilessly.
He put this team and MB in a no win situation. You dumb motherfuckers act like just because they get a draft
pick that it will be a good player. But then bash on Bengals draft picks before they even put on a helmet.

"Carson wants out because MB is a shitty owner and this is a shitty organization. But hey, let's get something
for him so we can bitch about that pick and how stupid it was to help whatever team and give Carson what
his Wife wants!"

90% of you dumbass motherfuckers were bashing on Carson all season long. Even saying the Bengals
shouls just flat out cut him. Now, we are horrible and will suck and have to get something for him.

I swear you dumbasses make my fucking head hurt sometimes. That's why I spend more time reading Twitter
and looking for articles than anything you fucking dumbass motherfuckers have to say anymore.

Oh and FUCK YOU HB BENGAL YOU FUCKING CHODE. Climb back under your rock you piece of fucking shit.

Hallelujah! hOLY SHIT! Pass the tylenol!
[/quote]

This seems healthy

I fedexd some trash to his front yard in CA

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1311781258' post='1004358']
I like that rage, I think I will hate Carson for the next hour due to this glorious post. FUCK YOU CARSON ASSHOLE PUSSY WHIPPED PALMER QUITTER!
[/quote]

[quote name='Ben' timestamp='1311782547' post='1004372']
I fedexd some trash to his front yard in CA
[/quote]

Damn, it's only been 17 minutes, I was ready to love Carson with all my heart again. Thanks though for the trash, it sends a good message that Bengals fans aren't going to settle for sub par players or coaches.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1311780613' post='1004348']Obviously you are too fucking stupid to get the point. The point was this team has lost players for

his Wife wants!"

should just flat out cut him. Now, we are horrible and will suck and have to get something for him.

[/quote]

This is getting pathetic. We've been screwed out of players in the past with no compensation (Odell, Pollack, Braham) so that makes it okay to lose Carson? Are you insane? Those losses obviously hurt the bengals. How does that make them okay? Plus we had no control over those losses. In this case we have a chance to get something for Carson.

And please point oput a member that doesn't like at least one of the Bengals recent picks. Who is bitching about us drafting Gresham, Dunlap, Shipley, Atkins, Michael Johnson, ect?

Archived