Gunner Kiel picks Indiana Hoosiers

McBallerson

I rarely start threads, but this one has me pumped. Be warned, I'm a little bias because my brother plays for IU. I know there are some IU fans on this board (Amish?). Congrats, Coach Wilson.

[quote]In one of the biggest surprises of the recruiting season so far, Under Armour All-American quarterback Gunner Kiel, who is No. 20 in the ESPNU 150 and the nation's No. 2 quarterback, committed to Indiana on Wednesday.

Kiel, whose brother Dusty is a redshirt sophomore quarterback for the Hoosiers, chose Indiana over Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan and Notre Dame, among others. Kiel, 6-foot-4 and 222 pounds, threw for 2,645 yards and 36 TDs as a junior and plans to graduate early and in enroll in Indiana early. He is the Hoosiers' 14th commit.[/quote]

Hopefully IU will somehow become competitive in the Big Ten. They have been a doormat/afterthought for as long as I can remember. Its always tOSU, Michigan and Wisconsin, and Penn State with the occasional MSU good season thrown in for good measure. IU's stadium sucks though. They need a new one.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1311809047' post='1004771']
Hopefully IU will somehow become competitive in the Big Ten. They have been a doormat/afterthought for as long as I can remember. Its always tOSU, Michigan and Wisconsin, and Penn State with the occasional MSU good season thrown in for good measure. [b]IU's stadium sucks though. They need a new one.[/b]
[/quote]

didn't they just finish a remodel of it?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1311809416' post='1004773']
didn't they just finish a remodel of it?
[/quote]

Yeah, I think they finished up the remodel 2 seasons ago. They essentially closed off the north end zone area. It's pretty nice; meeting rooms, offices, weigh room, etc. That was a great Oaken Bucket game last year. I think we can all agree that if the non-football schools in the B10 become relevant, it's better for the entire conference.

[img]http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_tfvq5ifjZEI/TCyUTQwu6cI/AAAAAAAAA8w/sU2V9628jbU/s1600/IU+Memorial+Stadium+endzone.jpg[/img]

• 3 months later...
[quote name='McBallerson' timestamp='1311804472' post='1004725']
I rarely start threads, but this one has me pumped. Be warned, I'm a little bias because my brother plays for IU. I know there are some IU fans on this board (Amish?). Congrats, Coach Wilson.

[quote]In one of the biggest surprises of the recruiting season so far, Under Armour All-American quarterback Gunner Kiel, who is No. 20 in the ESPNU 150 and the nation's No. 2 quarterback, committed to Indiana on Wednesday.

Kiel, whose brother Dusty is a redshirt sophomore quarterback for the Hoosiers, chose Indiana over Alabama, Oklahoma, Missouri, Tennessee, Michigan and Notre Dame, among others. Kiel, 6-foot-4 and 222 pounds, threw for 2,645 yards and 36 TDs as a junior and plans to graduate early and in enroll in Indiana early. He is the Hoosiers' 14th commit.[/quote]

[/quote]

Not any more.

Archived