is it just me??

At this point im alittle down on the bengals. Im a huge fan but during the rush to sign everyone all i have heard is j. joe is going somewhere else prob. and i have heard nothing of c. benson. Did i miss something or does it seem like the franchise has just said fuck it this season. I am a big fan of a. dalton but whats happening with carson? I mean can we at least get some value from him in a trade. I understand that he doesnt want to play here anymore which kills me but we move on as a franchise. The only move we have made is signing gradkoski(Sp). And that doesnt give me much hope since i live in fl and bucs fans are just laughing at me at this point. I didnt expect us to go out and sign someone big but i at least expected us to sign a better fa qb and resign our own players.... AHHHHHHHHH i guess im going kinda crazy cause all i get on the radio is dolphin news and steelers talk. But again i feel like the franchise isnt even taking steps to improve over last year.

They retained the coach that oversaw the worst season ever. We are in year 1 of another Mike Brown 4 year plan. They will let Marvin hold down the fort then go from there.

It's a take your lumps kinda season for the bengals, I'm afraid.

They will point to lockout, uncertainty, new qb, new offense etc.

I'd imagine if you got an honest answer from the players a large amount of them wouldn't be focused on their chances of winning and there wouldn't be a whole lot them that felt positive about winning. Probably alot of guys focused on winning roster spots, playing time, and just don't know. A small minority probably think winning is actually possible.

IMO, the deciding factor will be Gruden and Dalton. Zimmer is going to have his guys focused and he's going to demand from them. It's going to be up to the offense to appear at least competent enough to give winning a chance.

If Gruden and Dalton energize the offense (not make it great but just show effort and results that give it more than hope), I think the majority that aren't focused on winning or don't think they can win will float towards the minority that think it's possible to win.

If Gruden and Dalton are cluster fucks. The whole deal will be fucked. I think you lose alot of the lockeroom or at least run the risk of doing so.

My consistent thought on Mike Brown is he will eventually get talent. I don't think he has resources($$$$$) committed to find enough players to win consistently. I think he also has an ego in regards to him knowing football.

So I think this is the classic year to see if Marvin can right the ship, gain momentum get Dalton and Gruden going. I bet they are thinking 7/8 wins is success for this year. I don't get the vibe going with a rookie QB in a new system that there is this push for playoffs.

If Marvin can get that ship in the right direction they'll start extension talks. If he flops he's probably only around 1 more year after this. This is type of attitude is what causes so many disgruntled players. I'm guessing a 3/4 year quality Bengal that has a good attitude today will eventually sour because he's wasting a couple years in this non agressive way path to winning.

[quote name='BengalsCat' timestamp='1311843998' post='1005052']
At this point im alittle down on the bengals. Im a huge fan but during the rush to sign everyone all i have heard is j. joe is going somewhere else prob. and i have heard nothing of c. benson. Did i miss something or does it seem like the franchise has just said fuck it this season. I am a big fan of a. dalton but whats happening with carson? I mean can we at least get some value from him in a trade. I understand that he doesnt want to play here anymore which kills me but we move on as a franchise. The only move we have made is signing gradkoski(Sp). And that doesnt give me much hope since i live in fl and bucs fans are just laughing at me at this point. I didnt expect us to go out and sign someone big but i at least expected us to sign a better fa qb and resign our own players.... AHHHHHHHHH i guess im going kinda crazy cause all i get on the radio is dolphin news and steelers talk. But again i feel like the franchise isnt even taking steps to improve over last year.
[/quote]

All this has been discussed...click on some threads and read them. Do you expect people to summarize everything for your or something?

[quote name='bengals8580' timestamp='1311863585' post='1005216']
No, Carson has 0 value. Mcnabb got a 6th round pick. Theres nothing we can trade Carson for that will help the 2011 Bengals. If there wasnt a lockout we may have been able to get something for him.
[/quote]

Carson would have fetched more than McNabb.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1311863819' post='1005219']
Everyone needs to set down and take a deep breath. The team has not even had one practice yet and you would think we are 0-15 about ready to go 0-16. Just set back and relax and wait for things to happen.
[/quote]

Carson is more valuable at this point than McNabb is. Carson would fetch a lot more than MacKnabb.

------------------------

But to address the OP, I am also deflated, when the franchise wants out, that is a death kiss for a franchise. All I can think of is Barry Sanders. Things must be really bad in Cincy for 9 to want out this badly. I know the wife thing is also there, but I'm sure that was just the straw that broke the camel's back. I'm sure it is a culmination of things. I'm bummed out, but I've been here before.

If I survived the Frerotte/Mitchell/O'Donnell/Akili/Kitna days, I can make it through this.

Dalton is better than all five of those dudes right now. At best, Dalton fixes everything, at worst, Andrew Luck is in stripes next season.

I think the uncertainty/unknown QB situation is what worries me most. I know Dalton has a lot of wins under his belt in college and he will be a great QB eventually, i'm just worried how long "eventually" is going to be.

With that said, i think if we can lock up jjoe, the defense will help tremendously.

It doesn't matter who our QB is though, if our line can't protect again. I'm really hoping for 1 or 2 good FA signings to give a kickstart to the oline

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1311863819' post='1005219']
Everyone needs to set down and take a deep breath. The team has not even had one practice yet and you would think we are 0-15 about ready to go 0-16. Just set back and relax and wait for things to happen.
[/quote]

I agree. If rape is inevitable, might as well sit back and enjoy it.

Archived