Damn what's wrong with the state of Ohio?

sois

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2011/writers/richard_deitsch/08/08/kirkherbstreitohiostate.media/index.html

The topic of Ohio State is particularly relevant with Herbstreit as he and his family moved from Columbus to Nashville in March. There's been a lot of speculation regarding Herbstreit's motivation to move, especially in the jet stream of the resignation-cum-excommunication of former football coach Jim Tressel. I asked him to set the record straight.

"Honestly, I think a lot of that was blown out of proportion," Herbstreit said. "Ninety-five percent of Ohio State fans have always been above and beyond what me and my family would ever hope for. True enough, like any other fan base, there is that lunatic fringe, that radical group. For my wife and I, it was really for the past three or four years and we have talked it about every offseason, potentially moving. This offseason it just happened to work out.

Don't get me wrong. With some of the stuff, the craziness that was going on with Ohio State, did it maybe add to us going? It may have added to it. But it was not 'Let's get out of here. Pack the bags!' I have had more Ohio State people come up to me and say, 'I am so sorry that those fans chased you away.' Fans did not chase me away. If that was the case, I would have left 15 years ago, They have been doing this for 15 years. [b]When you have four boys and a wife, and people know exactly where you live and they know your schedule and when you are home and when you are not there, I think part of it was more peace of mind, and family safety more than anything. [/b]We are giving it a try. Our home is Ohio and it always will be. But we are going to give this a try and see how it goes."

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1313000297' post='1013714']
[b]A lot of Buckeye fans feel the same way about Herbie that a lot of Bengals fans feel about Boomer. [/b]

And as we saw with Carson, if a rabid hater knows where you live, he'll take advantage of it.
[/quote]

I wouldn't say that. Most Buckeye fans I know like Herbie. Some will say he's a little critical so that he doesn't come off biased, but he's far more liked by Buckeye fans than Boomer is by a lot of Bengals fans.

This is the only relevant part of the article.

[quote][size=2]"Ninety-five percent of Ohio State fans have always been above and beyond what me and my family would ever hope for. True enough, like any other fan base, there is that lunatic fringe, that radical group.[/size][/quote]

Every big time school fan base has a few bad eggs.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313001609' post='1013722']
I wouldn't say that. [b]Most Buckeye fans I know like Herbie. Some will say he's a little critical so that he doesn't come off biased, but he's far more liked by Buckeye fans than Boomer is by a lot of Bengals fans.[/b]

This is the only relevant part of the article.

Every big time school fan base has a few bad eggs.
[/quote]

Are you a member of any Buckeye boards? The one I am a member of he's 50/50 at best.

Archived