Milton!?!?!?

Guest RudiRudiRudi

Guest RudiRudiRudi
he had another suckass outing tonight in boston, he is leading the NL in hits and runs allowed and also in HR's given up, he has a terrible record and his contract is worth 27.5 million.....

can you say we are stuck and fucked with him

[quote name='RudiRudiRudi' date='Jun 13 2005, 10:56 PM']he had another suckass outing tonight in boston, he is leading the NL in hits and runs allowed and also in HR's given up, he has a terrible record and his contract is worth 27.5 million.....

can you say we are stuck and fucked with him
[right][post="102786"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

we are bewtween a rock and a hard place... or a pile of lost money or a shitty pitcher... however you see it..

we are pretty much fucked on that one...trade dunn, kearns and milton and ortiz, for 2 REALLY good pitchers...

I waited to post about this, thinking someone would start this thread...
Milton is garbage, plain and simple....he earned NINE runs tonight...fucking loser!
I bet anyone here that we are far more competitive against the Sox the next two games REGARDLESS of who is pitching....although I think Hudson pitches tomorrow and I hope Harang pitches the day after....

Milton's ERA is now above 8.00....absolutely horrible....we're fucked on that deal...I hope we simply eat his pay and assign his sorry, sorry ass when Hancock is ready....

That would be a rotation I could deal with: Harang, Hudson, Claussen, Ortiz, Hancock...

FUCK MILTON!

I'm borderline starting a petition he sucks so bad...

[quote name='Bunghole' date='Jun 13 2005, 11:16 PM']I waited to post about this, thinking someone would start this thread...
Milton is garbage, plain and simple....he earned NINE runs tonight...fucking loser!
I bet anyone here that we are far more competitive against the Sox the next two games REGARDLESS of who is pitching....although I think Hudson pitches tomorrow and I hope Harang pitches the day after....

Milton's ERA is now above 8.00....absolutely horrible....we're fucked on that deal...I hope we simply eat his pay and assign his sorry, sorry ass when Hancock is ready....

That would be a rotation I could deal with:  Harang, Hudson, Claussen, Ortiz, Hancock...

FUCK MILTON!

I'm borderline starting a petition he sucks so bad...
[right][post="102805"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

ortiz isnt much better.... but he appears to have the potential to improve perhaps.. milton seems hopeless...

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jun 13 2005, 10:25 PM']ortiz isnt much better.... but he appears to have the potential to improve perhaps.. milton seems hopeless...
[right][post="102812"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Ortiz IS better but happens to pitch on the days when our offense decides to binge on OxyContin.....same with harang....

In fact, it was the same sad tale with Wilson last year...nothing more heartbreaking to me than when a quality start (because we get so FEW of them!) is wasted by our baffling offensive impotence....

[quote name='sean' date='Jun 14 2005, 12:15 AM']He's good for 2-3 innings. Move him to the bullpen.
[right][post="102839"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

quality thinking right there.....

although he did give up a 2nd ininng first batter home run the other da.y..

but it was to steroid sammy... who hit 2 off him that day....

Guest BengalBacker
Reds get blown out in Boston
Milton gives up 11 hits as Red Sox smack Cincinnati, 10-3
By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

BOSTON | On a positive note, for only the second time in 12 starts this season, Cincinnati Reds pitcher Eric Milton did not give up a home run.

That's no home runs, zero, in Fenway Park, where if a gnat sneezes behind home plate the next pitch blows over the Green Monster.

On a negative note, Milton gave up 11 other types of hits — five doubles and six singles — and the result was much the same as with most of his starts.

He gave up nine runs and his earned run average combusted from 7.46 to 7.97 in a 10-3 loss to the Boston Red Sox

It was the first Reds-Red Sox game since the 1975 World Series and it wasn't anything that would make anybody forget Johnny Bench, Pete Rose, Ken Griffey Sr. and Tony Perez.

Asked if he is at the end of his rope, Milton quickly said, "You could say that. It's not fun. I've had a lot of starts and had a lot of losses, but I'm still confident I'm going to be a winner for this team."

He didn't say what year.

On the opposite side, Matt Clement, the man with the ugliest beard-goatee-scraggly hair this side of Harvard Square, held the Reds to three runs and six hits over eight innings to push his record to 7-1.

That's in contrast to Milton's 3-8 ... and $25.5 million doesn't get a team much these days.

Nonetheless, manager Dave Miley somehow sniffed out a few positives from the smoldering ashes.

"I thought he pitched better and made some positive steps, some improvement," said Miley.

The beleaguering manager cited two defensive snoozes that buried Milton after he retired the first seven Red Sox.

Curiously, the Reds made some strange and bizarre moves and decisions in the past couple of days that led to the game's determining foul-up for the Reds.

First, on the eve of playing three games in an American League park, where the designated hitter is required, the Reds sent outfielder Austin Kearns to Class AAA Louisville.

On Monday, they could have had sure-fingered Kearns in right field and clank-fingered outfielder Wily Mo Pena as the designated hitter. Instead, a ball slithered off the end of his glove and into the seats for a three-run home run by Manny Ramirez against Matt Belisle.

That, though, was pumping more water down the already drowned Reds lungs because those were the eighth, ninth and 10th runs.

Instead of using Ken Griffey Jr. in center field, where he played so many, many times while wearing a Seattle uniform, Miley used Griffey as DH and stuck Ryan Freel in center field, a patch of Boston acreage he had never covered.

As so often happens, the baseball found him quickly.

With the score 0-0 in the third with two outs and two on, Edgar Renteria lined one to center. Freel took a couple of steps forward, false steps, missteps. By the time he realized the ball was hit harder than he gauged, it was over his head and slithering to the wall, a two-run double that started the Red Sox on The Road to Rout.

"That ball Freel broke in on made all the difference, two runs in a 0-0 game with two outs," Miley said. "Who knows what would have happened."

They do know what did happen.

Milton gave up two runs on three hits in the third, three runs on five hits in the fourth and four runs on two hits and two walks in the sixth.

But no home runs.

When team medical director Dr. Tim Kremchek does exploratory surgery on pitcher Paul Wilson Friday, he should give the Reds a two-fer and do some exploring on Milton, too. Something is radically amiss.

There was another noteworthy mishap that made Milton's night even tougher to traverse.

Ramirez led the fourth with a double. With one out, catcher Javier Valentin returned a pitch to Milton high and wide. It bounced off his glove and Ramirez took third on the error.

Four of the next five Bosox hit safely and a 2-0 lead became 5-0.

"You can't fault Javier, the ball was slippery and a few slipped out of my hand, too," said Milton, referring to a night on which the temperature was 92 when the game began.

Asked if Milton would go back out there on his next turn, Miley said, "You guys will be the first to know if we make a change."

I told y'all way back when he was not a true #1, and people argued with me.

I said him and GABP were a bad combination, and people doubted me.

I wish I had been wrong, but I wasn't.

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/20.gif[/img]

IM FURIOUS!!!! :angry2: WE can't get a quality start from anyone but Harang &clausen. Im tired of ortiz and milton they played rilly good last year but now they are jus doing pathetic. Everytime they pitch i think....how much worse can they pitch maybe he'll pitch a solid 7 innings .....but of course that hasnt happened all year. I hope paul wilson comes back soon what is the deal with him is he still hurt :unsure: ? As of now Harang is our best pitcher :rolleyes: . Does anyone kno if a trade could be possible and if it is do you think that we will still have a playoff run cuz if we dont i dunno if we will make any trades.
*please God lets beat the sox at lease once!* [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]

[quote name='cantstop85' date='Jun 14 2005, 08:46 AM']IM FURIOUS!!!! :angry2:   WE can't get a quality start from anyone but Harang &clausen. Im tired of ortiz and milton they played rilly good last year but now they are jus doing pathetic. Everytime they pitch i think....how much worse can they pitch maybe he'll pitch a solid 7 innings .....but of course that hasnt happened all year. I hope paul wilson comes back soon what is the deal with him is he still hurt :unsure: ? As of now Harang is our best pitcher :rolleyes: . Does anyone kno if a trade could be possible and if it is do you think that we will still have a playoff run cuz if we dont i dunno if we will make any trades.
*please God lets beat the sox at lease once!* [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//20.gif[/img]
[right][post="102926"][/post][/right][/quote]

"Playoffs?!?!?! Did you just say Playoffs?!!??"
:lol:
At this point I'd be happy with just enough wins to put us over .500 for the season so we don't finish in last place...and even [i]that's[/i] a stretch....

At this point I don't see how Miley can run Milton out there again and expect things to go any differently. They guy was 14-6 last year w/ a ERA half of what is right now in a ballpark that is more hitter friendly than GABP. He gives up lots of HRs, but if they are solo shots we can stomach that. However, he is getting beat like a damned drum every time out. I would like to see the Reds skip him his next start so he can get into some extended throwing sessions w/ Gullet to see mechanically if anything is wrong. I think the guy still has good stuff but to run him
out there every fifth w/ the hope that he'll work it out is just wreckless and irresponsible. Face it, we're not going to dump the guy, he hasn't any options so we're stuck w/ him. Let Gullet have an extensive look and see if it can't be fixed.

Guest Claptonrocks
Ive stated this before but he it is once again..
Milton's mechanics are fucked up.. He needs an ovehaul which apparently the Reds cant correct... Needs to be a Brave so Leo can fix the problem..
Stick his ass in middle relief as well as Ortiz..
Go with the youngsters at this point.. What have they got to lose now?
Trade Dunn for a quality starter or great looking prospect ( and I mean great if its a prospect)...

[quote name='BengalBacker' date='Jun 14 2005, 03:41 AM']Reds get blown out in Boston
Milton gives up 11 hits as Red Sox smack Cincinnati, 10-3
By Hal McCoy

Dayton Daily News

BOSTON | ................................................................................

Asked if he is at the end of his rope, Milton quickly said, "You could say that. It's not fun. I've had a lot of starts and had a lot of losses, but I'm still confident I'm going to be a winner for this team."

[b]He didn't say what year.[/b]

[right][post="102898"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

haha no shit.
I agree, you have to trade Dunn soon, if not for the fact that the Reds will not pay him a $10mil salary, nor do I think he is worth it to them (one run homers are not going to win many games, and he cant do much else). I dont really think he has progressed much in his years in the majors, anyone else have any thoughts? He also seems to just be skipping around in the outfield, instead of running balls down. He must be daydreaming about unicorns and rainbows in the sky. I also think you have to trade Griffey this year, his contract has hampered the club for too long. It would be worth it if he plays like this the rest of the contract, but chances of that are slim to none. Maybe we could package Milton in with one of them, or else do exploratory surgery, and then stick him in the bullpen. Kearns, I dont know. He was awesome his first 1 1/2 years, then couldnt get out of the way of pitches, got hurt (maybe it was that catcher he tried to run over and hurt his shoulder), regardless, if he doesnt get better in the minors, Well, maybe his situation will depend on Griff and Dunn staying or going. You cant get rid of all three. Freel did misplay that ball badly last night, but he is usually spot on in the field. Yeah, it led to three runs that inning, but it was Milton who opened the floodgates later. Freel or Lopez will go to the All Star game, unless Griffey is voted in. I think Ortiz will be OK, at least he isnt a surefire (L) like Milton is. Harang is becoming a stud, and Claussen (finally) is looking good. I wonder how long we have them under contract for? It seems we get these prospects, then by the time they are bonofide major leaguers, the Reds wont pony up the new salary, so we lose them anyway. How are those trades even worth it, if you are constantly building for the future?

Guest mongoloido
Milton did pitch better last night. He also got tons of help from the rest of the team bumbling around. He wasn't great by any means, but I hang that loss at the team's feet, not his.

Guest Bengal_Smoov

[quote name='big_dish' date='Jun 14 2005, 02:51 PM']haha no shit.
I agree, you have to trade Dunn soon, if not for the fact that the Reds will not pay him a $10mil salary, nor do I think he is worth it to them (one run homers are not going to win many games, and he cant do much else). I dont really think he has progressed much in his years in the majors, anyone else have any thoughts? He also seems to just be skipping around in the outfield, instead of running balls down. He must be daydreaming about unicorns and rainbows in the sky. I also think you have to trade Griffey this year, his contract has hampered the club for too long. It would be worth it if he plays like this the rest of the contract, but chances of that are slim to none. Maybe we could package Milton in with one of them, or else do exploratory surgery, and then stick him in the bullpen. Kearns, I dont know. He was awesome his first 1 1/2 years, then couldnt get out of the way of pitches, got hurt (maybe it was that catcher he tried to run over and hurt his shoulder), regardless, if he doesnt get better in the minors, Well, maybe his situation will depend on Griff and Dunn staying or going. You cant get rid of all three. Freel did misplay that ball badly last night, but he is usually spot on in the field. Yeah, it led to three runs that inning, but it was Milton who opened the floodgates later. Freel or Lopez will go to the All Star game, unless Griffey is voted in. I think Ortiz will be OK, at least he isnt a surefire (L) like Milton is. Harang is becoming a stud, and Claussen (finally) is looking good. I wonder how long we have them under contract for? It seems we get these prospects, then by the time they are bonofide major leaguers, the Reds wont pony up the new salary, so we lose them anyway. How are those trades even worth it, if you are constantly building for the future?
[right][post="103075"][/post][/right][/quote]

I said to trade Dunn before the season started for a good pitcher and every was telling me about how they spent alot of money on Milton, well anyway, Dunn trade value has decreased and the need for good pitching over hitting is looking like the way to go, hopefully...Kearns is in the minors, Dunn is the subject of trade rumors and the Reds still have no #1 pitcher. Griffey isn't an option because of his salary, but why not, or trade Wily Mo..Trade whoever they can, no one on this team should be exempt, with the way they have been playing for the past few years who cares how great the chemistry in the clubhouse is, fans want winners not best buddies..or I do, but yeah get some pitching should be the way, like early century :huh: A's, Zito, Mulder, and Hudson pitched them into the playoffs a few years.. I know it's easier said than done, but the human mind is amazing and old man Burns, I mean Linder's money should help. Milton could hold Graves jock strap, I say the release him send a message that bullshit won't be tolerated.

Teams with real medical staffs probably noticed that Milton was hurt which is why he was available to the Reds!

Like I said before, if the guy was any good, he'd play for Boston, St Louis, or NY

Archived