Dalton is GARBAGE!

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981306' post='1018966']
was there any reason Jordan didn't get any play time tonight?
[/quote]

Because there's a conspiracy unfolding that we don't want anyone else to pick him up when we cut him. If he played tonight the entire world would see how great Jordan is...

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981306' post='1018966']
was there any reason Jordan didn't get any play time tonight?
[/quote]

to be completely honest, I think they know they don't want Jordan, and they wanted to see what Lefevour could do before they had to decide on whether to try and get Pryor tomorrow or not.

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1313981509' post='1018970']
Because there's a conspiracy unfolding that we don't want anyone else to pick him up when we cut him. If he played tonight the entire world would see how great Jordan is...
[/quote]

:lol:

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1313981417' post='1018968']
Because the team knows you have a boner for him. It's only fair. :ninja:

I didn't watch the 2nd half, but I'd imagine Jordan might have locked up the 3 spot without playing!
[/quote]

I will say this, if the Bengals are doing what the rumor is about dicking Jordan over because of Carson which he has nothing to do with his brother and they cut him in time where he doesn't get picked up by another team....that would be real shitty of them!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313981600' post='1018971']

to be completely honest, I think they know they don't want Jordan, and they wanted to see what Lefevour could do before they had to decide on whether to try and get Pryor tomorrow or not.

[/quote]
Uggh.... I hope you're wrong. Not anything against Pryor - I think he has upside, and certainly could be useful down the road in some packages for whoever takes a flyer on him, but 2 rookie QB's? Yikes.

Jordan Palmer is not an NFL QB. Let's be realists. He played at UTEP despite the fact that Carson was highly recruited and was a top college prospect. If Jordan was half as good as Carson don't you think the major colleges would have been all over him?? Carson was unhappy in cincy so the coaches brought in Jordan in an act to please Carson. Nothing against Jordan, he just isn't good enough to play in the NFL

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313981600' post='1018971']

to be completely honest, I think they know they don't want Jordan, [b]and they wanted to see what Lefevour could do[/b] before they had to decide on whether to try and get Pryor tomorrow or not.

[/quote]

I think they have their answer.

[quote name='Fela Kuti' timestamp='1313981905' post='1018977']
Jordan Palmer is not an NFL QB. Let's be realists. He played at UTEP despite the fact that Carson was highly recruited and was a top college prospect. If Jordan was half as good as Carson don't you think the major colleges would have been all over him?? Carson was unhappy in cincy so the coaches brought in Jordan in an act to please Carson. Nothing against Jordan, he just isn't good enough to play in the NFL
[/quote]

I would agree with you if I can at least see him get a whole quarter of play! I don't trust our coaching staff judgment anymore! I want to see for myself!

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1313981727' post='1018973']
Uggh.... I hope you're wrong. Not anything against Pryor - I think he has upside, and certainly could be useful down the road in some packages for whoever takes a flyer on him, but 2 rookie QB's? Yikes.
[/quote]

not saying I want them to draft him, but IMO it seems like its either LeFevour's job to win, or they're going to go get someone not currently on the team.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1313981831' post='1018975']
I can't believe this team didn't make a run and a real vet like McNabb or Hasselback! At least for a 1 yr deal. We would be in the hunt for the division instead for the hunt for the nubmer 1 overall pick!
[/quote]

you can thank Carson for that. They weren't going to pay McNabb $5 million or give Hasselbeck a $20 million contract with the Carson situation looming overhead.

And frankly, I'd rather they go with Dalton or another young free agent rather than an over-the-hill veteran who doesn't help longterm.

This is going to be like a weekly topic this season, I assume.

Anyways, Dan and Grad are awful. Let's hope Dalton learns on the fly, cause those two aren't going to do us any good. Should have went after VY.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1313982204' post='1018984']
Why are people talking about Pryor? He can't even practice until AFTER the 5th regular season game from what I understand unless someone knows better. He is useless to us at this point.
[/quote]

correct, but that doesn't mean he couldn't occupy the 3rd QB spot once he got here. They could go with 2 until then, or keep LeFevour until Pryor's suspension is over.

We might as well wait, opposed to going after Pryor. We will have a whole season of Andy, and there are a few thoroughbreds coming out next year. More than enough info to decide what we want to do.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313982187' post='1018983']

you can thank Carson for that. They weren't going to pay McNabb $5 million or give Hasselbeck a $20 million contract with the Carson situation looming overhead.

And frankly, I'd rather they go with Dalton or another young free agent rather than an over-the-hill veteran who doesn't help longterm.
[/quote]

what long term answer? We need to win and now dude! You and I and Old and everyone on this board have been posting for years and aren't getting any younger! Dalton could sit for one year and learn! But I see your point as far as Carson screwing us financially on getting a vet to come in.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313982317' post='1018986']

correct, but that doesn't mean he couldn't occupy the 3rd QB spot once he got here. They could go with 2 until then, or keep LeFevour until Pryor's suspension is over.
[/quote]

you tease me about Jordan while you have a boner for LeFevour!

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313982187' post='1018983']

[/quote]
Young signed a 1 year deal for $5.5mil to be a backup. He would have come here for the same to be a starter me thinks considering Mike Vick isn't that old. If he did well he would have kept the job. We have very little invested in Dalton, he was a second rounder.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1313983068' post='1018995']
Dalton has improved from last week to this one. Ha sailed some passes but also had several drops that were right there. We will be competitive this season with im in there throughout an entire game.
[/quote]

should I bitch smack you now or later?

[img]http://joejoachim.files.wordpress.com/2011/04/bitch_slap.jpg[/img]

I think some of the frustration also lies with the fact that he was supposed to be the most pro-ready QB coming out, and he just hasn't looked too hot in his three quarters of football.

[center][img]http://prod.static.bengals.clubs.nfl.com/assets/images/imported/CIN/photos/clubimages/2011/08-August/AP110821044135--nfl_medium_540_360.jpg[/img][/center][center][size=6][b]Dalton:[/b] [i]"Hey assholes, I've only been practicing this [/i][/size][/center][center][size=6][i]for 3 weeks now. Don't crucify me already."[/i][/size][/center]

Archived