Dalton is GARBAGE!

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1313974335' post='1018865']
there is nothing on the bench behind him that is any better, sadly...

sounds like munoz was instructed to sprinkle glitter on everything he sees...

klingler was better than dalton...

this team is going to cave... no way they can rally behind this guy...

line still sucks too...
[/quote]

I seriously don't know what game you were watching.

But the Debbie Downer shit is old.

Seriously, it seems like you were happier with the Bengals
when you were miserable in Ohio.

I mean I remember more positive posts from you during last regular season
when it was PROVEN that we were horrible.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1313974542' post='1018872']

I seriously don't know what game you were watching.

But the Debbie Downer shit is old.

Seriously, it seems like you were happier with the Bengals
when you were miserable in Ohio.

I mean I remember more positive posts from you during last regular season
when it was PROVEN that we were horrible.
[/quote]

he has thrown 1-2 "good" passes...

every other pass is off, too high, behind receivers.. and im not impressed with 4 yard dump passes... that shit wont fly in the regular season...

last yar and other bad years, there were reasons for being bad, like WR's who didnt give a fuck and half assed shit, and an oline that sucked donkey shit...

still havent fixed the line, but the WR's are gone. do we have GREAT set of targets at WR AND TE...

but some pincil dick "throwing" the ball...

constantly throwing too high and behind guys..... he hit shipley in stride on that 5 yarder he took for 8-10... thats about it... oh and leonards long screen pass..

thats it... green is a big target... and is getting open...

every pass is sailing way high or behind guys.... they MANAGED to catch less than half of his shitty passes...

are you watching a fuzy internet feed?

watching this in bright HD... and its pathetic...

dalton is mediocre at best...

the team got worse..... its undeniable...

have i EVER been overall negative? no...

dalton blows... the kid just isnt good...

every draft preview i can find points out the GLARING problems with him which are shockingly obvious watching him out there...

ryan fitzpatrick is better than this kid...

i'd rather have casey bramlet under center...

Dalton has a poathetic 51 QB rating last week..

he managed to get more than twice as bad... finishing the half he played with a stellar 17.1 passer rating...

completing less than half of your passing, only completeing short BS aside from one long screen, and throwing two picks..

what are you seeing that disputes any of this?

i would love to hide behind some false hope, too.... but jesus... this team is pathetic....

i have faith the defense will be ok with pacman and hall out there and the LB's getting into a groove... but i cant see this offense scoring enough point to escape the bottom 5 teams in the league this season....

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1313974971' post='1018882']
this thread makes me laugh.
[/quote]

very insightful...

this offense makes defenses laugh....

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1313975488' post='1018890']
I seriously see no reason to not go ahead and give Pryor a shot. Dalton is no more than...say...Charlie Frye was for the Stains a few years back
[/quote]

if that...

wonder what the broncos want for orton? or quinn even...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1313975417' post='1018888']

he has thrown 1-2 "good" passes...

every other pass is off, too high, behind receivers.. and im not impressed with 4 yard dump passes... that shit wont fly in the regular season...

last yar and other bad years, there were reasons for being bad, like WR's who didnt give a fuck and half assed shit, and an oline that sucked donkey shit...

still havent fixed the line, but the WR's are gone. do we have GREAT set of targets at WR AND TE...

but some pincil dick "throwing" the ball...

constantly throwing too high and behind guys..... he hit shipley in stride on that 5 yarder he took for 8-10... thats about it... oh and leonards long screen pass..

thats it... green is a big target... and is getting open...

every pass is sailing way high or behind guys.... they MANAGED to catch less than half of his shitty passes...

are you watching a fuzy internet feed?

watching this in bright HD... and its pathetic...

dalton is mediocre at best...

the team got worse..... its undeniable...

have i EVER been overall negative? no...

dalton blows... the kid just isnt good...

every draft preview i can find points out the GLARING problems with him which are shockingly obvious watching him out there...

ryan fitzpatrick is better than this kid...

i'd rather have casey bramlet under center...

Dalton has a poathetic 51 QB rating last week..

he managed to get more than twice as bad... finishing the half he played with a stellar 17.1 passer rating...

completing less than half of your passing, only completeing short BS aside from one long screen, and throwing two picks..

what are you seeing that disputes any of this?

i would love to hide behind some false hope, too.... but jesus... this team is pathetic....

i have faith the defense will be ok with pacman and hall out there and the LB's getting into a groove... but i cant see this offense scoring enough point to escape the bottom 5 teams in the league this season....

[/quote]

I see a Rookie that has been practicing for 2 weeks. And despite 3 drops, 1 of which ended up being an INT
has performed pretty damn well.

Sure he had a rough start, but he finished 8 for 12 for 86 yards and no INTs after that rough start.

He had some bad throws sure, but he was making all the right reads. Carson made bad throws last season
and he wasn't a fucking Rookie with 2 weeks of practice.

Why don't you support the kid instead of spewing a bunch of stupid shit everytime his name is mentioned?

I hate to think this is the new you. Seriously.

Christ.

I'm gonna give the guy a chance before I declare him to be shit. I saw good things and bad things, and I think he'll keep getting better. At least he's already figured out that "fake" isn't just a word when running a play fake. I think he has better pocket awareness already than Carson, and can move out of the pocket better. Turn just half of the drops into catches and he would have had an exceptional game.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1313975531' post='1018891']

if that...

wonder what the broncos want for orton? or quinn even...
[/quote]
Orton would be awesome. Quinn not so much ha. I'd throw a 3rd rounder at Denver for Orton and see if they bite.

I'm also on the boat of giving Pryor a shot. Why not?

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1313976400' post='1018895']
Christ.

I'm gonna give the guy a chance before I declare him to be shit. I saw good things and bad things, and I think he'll keep getting better. At least he's already figured out that "fake" isn't just a word when running a play fake. I think he has better pocket awareness already than Carson, and can move out of the pocket better. Turn just half of the drops into catches and he would have had an exceptional game.
[/quote]
best response all night.Thats what wins in our divison with a average line.You will never have all day in the pocket in our divison to win games not going to happen.Thats where Carson fell short.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1313975888' post='1018894']

I see a Rookie that has been practicing for 2 weeks. And despite 3 drops, 1 of which ended up being an INT
has performed pretty damn well.

Sure he had a rough start, but he finished 8 for 12 for 86 yards and no INTs after that rough start.

He had some bad throws sure, but he was making all the right reads. Carson made bad throws last season
and he wasn't a fucking Rookie with 2 weeks of practice.

Why don't you support the kid instead of spewing a bunch of stupid shit everytime his name is mentioned?

I hate to think this is the new you. Seriously.
[/quote]

i see alll kinds of rookies making him look like garbage... he looks like he has been playing QB for 2 weeks total...

he doesnt have the physicals to get it done... on TOP of that... he still looks shook and scared out there...

its upsettingly bad...

the new me? seriously? my whole life and personaly doesnt change... when i see someone suck ass... i saw it... like dhani jones... hows his career now? like i stated on him, we are the only team willing to employ him.. no one called him but us... and when we were done with him... he is done in the league...

ive been bitching about the line for 3 years... it still sucks...

now we have a QB who cant be counted on at all, young receivers with all the talent in the world unable to do much of anything...

its a nightmare...

i call it like i see it.... and i see dalton sucking pretty bad...so i call it like that...

i cant even understand how a comment like "is this the new you" would even be thought, let alone typed and sent.... its football.. its not that important... ive been perfectly happy watching and enjoying it during a few terrible years and the ok ones and the good ones... its just truth... its what is happening on the field... the guy is terrible statistically, the guy is terrible in every way that scouts said he was... and he alone is a huge reason this season is going to be terrible...

i dont know how long her gets to be decent, but he is being outplayed by all of the draft picks around him who have only been practicing for "2 weeks" (just over 3 weeks, technically) he was playing better when it was only 2 weeks though) and they all are making passes and doing as you expect.. making progress, making tough throws.. etc...

dalton hasnt shown any promise.. constant sailing throws, constant accuracy issues, ..... its just ugly to watch....

i wish i saw something else or could pretend there is another reason for it... but there just isnt.....

dude isnt good...

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1313976400' post='1018895']
Christ.

[/quote]

im all about giving guys chances... but when there is a laundry list of weaknesses on a QB, and he is listed as a mid rounder and backup at the next level, and comes in and displays all of the weaknesses over and over.... i lost my hope pretty fast...

im sure he will get better... but with a passer rating of 17.1 today.. he cant really get much worse....

im about as optomistic as they come typically.... but this kid is terrible....

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1313976843' post='1018905']

i see alll kinds of rookies making him look like garbage... he looks like he has been playing QB for 2 weeks total...

he doesnt have the physicals to get it done... on TOP of that... he still looks shook and scared out there...

its upsettingly bad...

the new me? seriously? my whole life and personaly doesnt change... when i see someone suck ass... i saw it... like dhani jones... hows his career now? like i stated on him, we are the only team willing to employ him.. no one called him but us... and when we were done with him... he is done in the league...

ive been bitching about the line for 3 years... it still sucks...

now we have a QB who cant be counted on at all, young receivers with all the talent in the world unable to do much of anything...

its a nightmare...

i call it like i see it.... and i see dalton sucking pretty bad...so i call it like that...

i cant even understand how a comment like "is this the new you" would even be thought, let alone typed and sent.... its football.. its not that important... ive been perfectly happy watching and enjoying it during a few terrible years and the ok ones and the good ones... its just truth... its what is happening on the field... the guy is terrible statistically, the guy is terrible in every way that scouts said he was... and he alone is a huge reason this season is going to be terrible...

i dont know how long her gets to be decent, but he is being outplayed by all of the draft picks around him who have only been practicing for "2 weeks" (just over 3 weeks, technically) he was playing better when it was only 2 weeks though) and they all are making passes and doing as you expect.. making progress, making tough throws.. etc...

dalton hasnt shown any promise.. constant sailing throws, constant accuracy issues, ..... its just ugly to watch....

i wish i saw something else or could pretend there is another reason for it... but there just isnt.....

dude isnt good...
[/quote]

Oh bullshit.

If Brat was the fucking OC you'd be talking how great Dalton has looked all things considered.

Since Brat's not the OC, we get this.

I remember you used to call people idiots and morons for posting shit like you have been posting lately.

Whatever though. Keep on keeping on.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1313977059' post='1018912']

Oh bullshit.

If Brat was the fucking OC you'd be talking how great Dalton has looked all things considered.

Since Brat's not the OC, we get this.

I remember you used to call people idiots and morons for posting shit like you have been posting lately.

Whatever though. Keep on keeping on.
[/quote]

oh cool, toss bratkowski in it... like thats a fucking argument... i stated when bob was here it doesnt matter who the OC is, if you dont have good players you are fucked... and i stand by it... bob is happy where he is, im kind of glad he is gone, so i dont have to hear about it anymore, or so i thought, who you gonna pin this on? its gotta be dalton or gruden...i picked Dalton... sounds like you picked Gruden.....since there is nothing wrong with dalton in your eyes...it proves my points valid that you had to stoop to bringing in bratkowski.... he has nothing to do with this team, theyd be failing with or without him...

how soon till we run zimmer out of town too?

Wow. Declaring him shit after three weeks? Pulling out the jump to conclusion mat already? Does anyone even remember Carson last year? And that was after 8 years in the same system and terminology. Dalton's had what three weeks? I'd like to see some of you armchairs try it. He deserves better from you "fans". Give him a fucking break and at least wait and see if he improves on his mistakes.

Last year against the Jets, Palmer complete 44.7% of his passes, threw for 1TD, and 2INTs. They scored 10 points that game. He did it with multi-pro bowl receivers, 60 minutes of game clock, and 8 years of playing against 3-4 defenses.

Dalton is fine.

People who are positive Dalton is ass are just like the wangs who wanted Palmer benched the first half of '04.

This thread is hilarious.

Who the fuck knows on Dalton? I don't.

However, i don't get the rash judgement to completely trash him.

The team is going to suck an all and Dalton will struggle. But that's the kinda shit you would hope they'd protect him from.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1313977314' post='1018915']

oh cool, toss bratkowski in it... like thats a fucking argument... i stated when bob was here it doesnt matter who the OC is, if you dont have good players you are fucked... and i stand by it... bob is happy where he is, im kind of glad he is gone, so i dont have to hear about it anymore, or so i thought, who you gonna pin this on? its gotta be dalton or gruden...i picked Dalton... sounds like you picked Gruden.....since there is nothing wrong with dalton in your eyes...it proves my points valid that you had to stoop to bringing in bratkowski.... he has nothing to do with this team, theyd be failing with or without him...

how soon till we run zimmer out of town too?
[/quote]

The Offense sucked ass with a OC that had been with the team for 10 year, a QB that had been with the team for 8 years
and veteran WRs. The only thing I saw you rail on was the O-line mostly. Oh, and the "horrible" players that Brat helped scout.
They sucked for awhile. At least this group has an excuse.

Even then you would call people idiots and what not for doing nothing but bashing all the time. You started in on Dalton before he even signed his contract.
So it seems to me you're either calling people idiots or acting like one. So now I'm missing the guy that was at least a little optmisitc that called people idiots.

I ain't making Dalton out to be nothing more than he is. A Rookie QB that has shown enough flashes for me to be optmistic about him.

Whatever though. I am seriously tired of fighting with Mods and other people here because all they want to talk about is how shitty this team is
when they haven't played one game that matters.

Just seems extra sad when one of those people is the guy that Owns the site. Really, the only people I could see that agrees with anything
you said is the same people you used to call names. Think about that.

Whatever though. I guess this is what I have to look forward to unless the team proves otherwise. Yay.

fwiw from an unbiased Ravens fan (one of the good ones)

[quote]I thought he looked like a rookie doing the best he could with what he had.

He was unremarkable in most aspects, but I didn't get overly negative vibes from him
[/quote]

A Tampa fan and Rams fan also chimed in and thought it was hilarious that people are calling Dalton a bust already.

Archived