• B
    • C
    • D
    • F
    • INCOMPLETE

10-15 - 66% (3 drops?)

81 yds - 8.1 yds/comp

1 TD 0 INT

I wish he would have played the entire game, but I was very impressed with his debut. The same adjectives we've applied in the preseason are apt in this case too: decisive, poised, resilient.

His passes seemed to have more zip than they had in the preseason. The numbers listed above deserve an A, but he didn't finish the game so I ding him a letter grade. I have always been pretty optimistic about Dalton's prospects and nothing has changed.

B

How can't you give him an A? 13 points in his first 3 drives... pretty dang good. Had he played the whole game, who knows what he would have done.

What impressed me most is he never seems flustered. He just makes his reads and goes with it. Nothing seems to bother him. It's awesome to watch.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1315856725' post='1030210']
[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15564298"][b][color=#3B5998]Sept. 11, 2011 6:20 p.m.[/color][/b][/url] - by Paul Dehner Jr. - [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15564298"][b][color=#3B5998]Dalton has some success in first start[/color][/b][/url]
QB [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/1125961/andy-dalton"][color=#3B5998]Andy Dalton[/color][/url] became the first rookie to start the opener and have more touchdowns than interceptions (one TD, zero picks) in a game since Atlanta's Matt Ryan in 2008. "I felt comfortable out there," Dalton said. "The big thing was getting out there and seeing how things go. Once you are out there it’s just playing football."
[/quote]

Give Bratkowski time to coach the fundamentals out of Matt Ryan...

Actually Matt Ryan did pretty good even though they lost. If Ryan's stats are the same through the entire year he will exceed his best year.

Back on topic, Dalton's needs a solid 4 quarters under his belt to see how he responds the entire game.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1315853986' post='1030179']
do you guys think we would have won with him in still?
[/quote]

Not with an injured wrist. Getting him out of there was the good call. Why chance fucking up his entire season?
MULLY

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1315865638' post='1030274']
I gave him a B, but it was probably a B+ or A-. He just looks like it's not to big for him. And yes, mongo, when I saw Grad out there to start the second half, I did Poop my pants! :D
[/quote]

not that that's different than any other week...

I said B. Andy has unreal composure. He doesn't jitterbug at the sight of pressure. He goes through his progressions well. He wasn't scared to throw at Haden. He took his shots. Dalton is going to be a stud.

I even saw a howitzer shot in there at one point that made me think the pre-injury 9 was in there. I still think he could use some work on that arm strength this off-season, but he will be fine for now. That would open this offense up completely though.

For his first start, it's everything we could wish for. We have a QB who is smart and good. I just worry about him holding up all 16 games. I'm crossing my fingers though!

B+ as well, I thought that his intermediate passes had some excellent zip on them, perhaps even more than I initially expected after all the reports of him being a "noodle arm."

However, one thing that I did notice is that he hasn't quiiiite adjusted to the speed of the game yet. He clearly didn't expect Haden to close as quickly as he did on Green on that throw to the edge of the endzone, but that just comes with time...and I wasn't too enthusiastic about that throw into triple coverage in the endzone, either (I think he was targeting Gresham on that one, but I really don't remember).

That being said, I love a QB who isn't gun shy about throwing to a guy--Dalton trusts that he can get it in there, which to me is better than a QB who constantly just checks down because he's afraid of making an error.

Durability may be a slight concern, as he will be hit a LOT this year if our OL issues don't drastically improve...I'd feel better if he had an NFL-caliber offseason conditioning/weight program under his belt, but I am optimistic that his forearm/wrist injury was just bad luck.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1315956296' post='1030741']

considering the Bengals don't have to announce anything until tomorrow, NFL Network's just making that up.
[/quote]

You might be right just sharing what I saw that's all. But I wouldn't be mad if Gradkowski had to start since he has history with the Broncos having played on the Raiders.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1315955830' post='1030739']
NFL Network is reporting that Andy Dalton is doubtful this Sunday!
[/quote]

someone on the bengals.com forum posted yesterday that Clayton said the Bengals were looking at bringing in a QB.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1315956627' post='1030745']

someone on the bengals.com forum posted yesterday that Clayton said the Bengals were looking at bringing in a QB.
[/quote]

Hmmmm, wonder who they have in mind! Wish they would make a run at Gerard but that's me. What about what's that quarter backs name, pretty good QB too.....he's in the west coast doing nothing now but sitting on the couch! they could bring him in too :lol:

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1315955830' post='1030739']
NFL Network is reporting that Andy Dalton is doubtful this Sunday!
[/quote]
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1315956296' post='1030741']

considering the Bengals don't have to announce anything until tomorrow, NFL Network's just making that up.
[/quote]
[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1315956627' post='1030745']

[/quote]
[quote name='JC' timestamp='1315956806' post='1030747']
I just watched Clayton say on the 6 ET sportscenter Andy Dalton should be ready to go this week.
[/quote]

LMAO, I think our new OC is trying to pull a Bellicheat.

Solid b+. He did something vagina palmer never did, he looked at three receivers on the same play, also looked over the whole field, Palmer, once the play was called to the right, he never looked to his left. Does not have the physical attributes of Palmer, but has the intangibles that Palmer never had. Honestly, he reminded me of Drew Brees.

I give him a solid B . He managed the game well ,had no turnovers and scored 13 points. I was surprised by his demeaner and control of the huddle . I saw one mistake ( I'm sure there more ) when he missed a handoff to Ced who let him know about it. That I didn't like . My B is based on judging a rookie . He'll have to open up the defense after the middle of the season. Mentally, he looks plenty smart to do the job.

[center][b][size=8][color=#ff8c00]A+[/color][/size][/b][/center][center][img]http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j318/Tredcrow/2011/xshuff.jpg[/img][/center][center][size=7][b]Ickey:[/b] [font=georgia,serif][i]"I heard that after Andy visited [/i][/font][/size][/center][center][size=7][font=georgia,serif][i]The Virgin Islands ... [/i][/font][/size][/center][center][size=7][font=georgia,serif][i]they were just 'The Islands'"[/i][/font][/size][/center]

[quote name='thedaltonshow' timestamp='1316010315' post='1030933']
why the heck is Andy even fist pumping during training camp?[/quote]
[b]Because he ...[/b]
[b]( a ) is a millionairre[/b]
[b]( b ) has a hot wife who knows her place[/b]
[b]( c ) is a starting NFL qb[/b]
[b]( d ) has a case of awesomefluenza[/b]
[b]( e ) sheds tears that cure cancer[/b]
[b]( f ) has to unroll his dick to have sex[/b]

[url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15579904"][b][color="#3b5998"]Sept. 14, 2011 2:57 p.m.[/color][/b][/url] - by Paul Dehner Jr. - [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/post/15579904"][b][color="#3b5998"]Dalton gets assist in penalty reduction[/color][/b][/url]
The Bengals only committed three penalties against Cleveland. Last season, they only committed three penalties or fewer three times. Remarkably, much of the credit belongs to rookie QB [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/1125961/andy-dalton"][color="#3b5998"]Andy Dalton[/color][/url]. "Heads up to the youngster," OL [url="http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/player/423579/andrew-whitworth"][color="#3b5998"]Andrew Whitworth[/color][/url] said. "He’s great at orchestrating the offense and putting you in the right places."

Archived