Gitmo being compared to...

Guest bengalrick

Guest BlackJesus

[img]http://img32.echo.cx/img32/2996/nnn6se.jpg[/img]
[i]"Don't Worry this kid will be able to eat his Happy Meal with his Nub Now" -_- [/i]

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:53 PM']Blah blah blah...how do you type with your head so far up you ass ?
[img]http://www.hei.lv/labirints/bildes/head_up_ass.jpg[/img]
[right][post="103926"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

LOL. Thanks for proving my point!

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 05:54 PM'][i][b]Old I am actually Glad you choose this Answer as your response.....

Lets look at your response..... 

Yes most of the Gitmo Prisoners are from Afghanistan.... many of them are most likely Taliban or Al Qaeda... either way the U.S. funded Al Qaeda to fight the Soviets in Afghanistan and the U.S. put the Taliban government in place years before we then had to go and destroy it.  As for the next part about the ones from Iraq being responsible for Killing more Iraqis... I assume you mean Saddam... well Guess what the U.S. backed him too and funded his war against Iran.  Many of the same guns we have shot at the U.S. troops now came from the U.S. when we gave or sold them to Saddam or Bin Laden.  Also We knew about Saddams gassing off the Kurds over 10 years before our liberation.... we even told the Kurds to rise up and then betrayed them and let Saddam kill more of them. [right][post="103927"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

So we helped assholes fight what at the time was our TRUE ENEMY.
And now we are getting what we deserve ?

I think Saddam should have been taken out when we went there in 1991.
Our "friends" at the U.N. didn`t want that though. But yeah the U.S.
betrayed them and not the WORLD...

[quote][u]How is it any different to crash a plane into a building and kill 3,000 people in WTC, or drop a bunch of bombs from the sky on iraq and kill over 10,000 people like the US did in Air Raids ????[/u]
Answer that to yourself and then you might begin to see the truth.....[/quote]

Ever heard the saying "Don`t start none...won`t be none" ?
Well that to me is the difference...

[quote]I sleep fine cause I know there is evil bastards on both sides regardless if they are wearing toilet paper on their head or a stupid tie on their neck...[/quote]

Yeah... Bush made Al-Quaida attack the U.S. ...he also made Saddam
defy U.N. resolutions for over a decade and thumb his nose at us a full year
after 9/11...:roll:

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Homer_Rice' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:09 PM']LOL. Thanks for proving my point!
[right][post="103933"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You have no point.

I am from Ohio...and think beastiality is for sick fuckers.

Thanks for playing though...

Guest BlackJesus
[color="green"][b]One of the problems I see also is that the rest of the world still teaches their children History and America does not ....we give watered down bullshit versions leaving the average American wondering during American Idol why all those crazy brown people hate us ? [/b][/color]

USA
[img]http://img32.echo.cx/img32/1628/war1ig.png[/img]

Guest oldschooler

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:14 PM'][color="green"][b]One of the problems I see also is that the rest of the world still teaches their children History and America does not ....we give watered down bullshit versions leaving the average American wondering during American Idol why all those crazy brown people hate us ?  [/b][/color]
USA
[img]http://img32.echo.cx/img32/1628/war1ig.png[/img]
[right][post="103937"][/post][/right][/quote]

Yeah...all of these Countries were just "innocently" minding
their own business...we just bombed them for oil...:roll:
And the Countries with the "crazy brown people" Iraq and the Sudan...
were attacking their neighbors and/or starving their own people.
We are evil for "trying" to help... <_<

Listen...I have said this before...is everything the U.S. does right ?
NO.

Does the U.S. help disaster victims, starving people, and people who
need medicine more than the rest of the WORLD COMBINED ?
YES.

We are at war...war is NEVER a pretty thing. We have an enemy though
and our Government is NOT our enemy or the World`s enemy... *gasp* :o

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]And the Countries with the "crazy brown people" Iraq and the Sudan...
We are evil for "trying" to help... [/quote]

[i][b]The Government of Sudan has killed over 2 million people in the south of their country.... They have had a form of chattel slavery for over 20 years.... the U.S. dropped some bombs in retaliation of one of our ships the cole being hit by an attack.... not to free any Sudanese..... then when we did drop that bottom we hit the only pharmaceutical medicine factory in the whole country... and 500,000 more children died from not having medicines......

And Saddam was left alone to kill his own people for over 20 years... it was only when he wanted Kuwait that we selectivley jumped in, not to free Iraqis but just to "liberate" kuwait[/b][/i]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Does the U.S. help disaster victims, starving people, and people who
need medicine more than the rest of the WORLD COMBINED ?
YES.[/quote]

[i][b]Congratulations we simultaneously feed, help and clothe more people in the world at the same time as being the cause of the most misery, violence from arms sales, death from backing dictators, and economic disparity [/b][/i] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:39 PM'][i][b]Congratulations we simultaneously feed, help and clothe more people in the world at the same time as being the cause of the most misery, violence from arms sales, death from backing dictators, and economic disparity [/b][/i] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]
[right][post="103947"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

You win BJ. [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Hating your country for all of the "bad" it does
and letting that out-do any good is the way to go ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Let`s all just act like the U.S. is the root of all the World`s evil...
and while we are at it ...let`s really make the world a shit hole
and stop helping any1 that isn`t an American citizen !
I mean what`s the sense ? We are hated by the entire World
and even some Americans no matter what we do ! [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/36.gif[/img]

Guest BlackJesus
After the Kurd Uprsising Where W's dickless Dad backed off on his commitment [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[img]http://www.van-as.com/img/FFiraqdeath.jpg[/img]

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]You win BJ. 

Hating your country for all of the "bad" it does
and letting that out-do any good is the way to go !

Let`s all just act like the U.S. is the root of all the World`s evil...
and while we are at it ...let`s really make the world a shit hole
and stop helping any1 that isn`t an American citizen !
I mean what`s the sense ? We are hated by the entire World
and even some Americans no matter what we do ![/quote]

[b]A Novel Idea would be:

Continuing to Help the poor in the world, while not fucking bombing them or supporting the asshole dictators that kill them.... why do they have to be diametrically opposed behaviors. The aid also means more when your package of food is not followed by fucking Napalm

and when you calls for liberating Iraqi women is not followed up with a metting with the Ruler of Saudi Arabia the most oppressive regime for Women in the world..... etc[/b]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 07:45 PM'][img]http://www.van-as.com/img/FFiraqdeath.jpg[/img]
[right][post="103951"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I remember that series of photos from the "Highway of Death." The photographer won a Pulitzer if I'm not mistaken. I worked at a newspaper at the time and I remember viewing these off the wire (we had a big satellite in the front because this was the pre-internet days) and thinking of a friend of mine, who did bomb-damage assessment during the Gulf War. Later, when we spoke about it, he was clearly disturbed, and this was a guy who worked his way up through Rangers/Special Forces and then OCS and intelligence postings for the Army and Air Force.

Some of the folks here simply do not get it, and never will.

I can understand that a grunt on the ground might, in the heat of the moment, take out a potential threat--like the now famous Fallujah incident. I cannot sympathize with folks who think it is acceptable to engage in bestial behavior when the enemy is captured and no longer an immediate threat. And institutionalizing such behavior, from the top, is criminal.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 06:49 PM'][b]A Novel Idea would be:
Continuing to Help the poor in the world, while not fucking bombing them or supporting the asshole dictators that kill them.... why  do they have to be diametrically opposed behaviors.  The aid also means more when your package of food is not followed by fucking Napalm

and when you calls for liberating Iraqi women is not followed up with a metting with the Ruler of Saudi Arabia the most oppressive regime for Women in the world..... etc[/b]
[right][post="103954"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

An even more novel idea:

Help poor Americans...and fuck the rest...
They hate us no matter how much we give...

Oh yeah ...and I missed where we dropped Napalm on the Tsunami victims
or any other country that we weren`t at war with...:roll:

Guest BlackJesus
[quote]Oh yeah ...and I missed where we dropped Napalm on the Tsunami victims
or any other country that we weren`t at war with...[/quote]

[i][b]You are just serving up the pitches now.....

Actually we supported the the Indonesian dictator Suharto and said nothing and continued to fund him as he killed over a million people through genocide.....

But don't worry maybe enough years have passed where they forgot by now [/b][/i]

The problem with people in general is that everyone tries to oversimplify every problem.

Whether people agree or disagree with it, the United States is the world police and have been since WWII. The UN was setup to do this but they have displayed massive corruption and there really is no threat from the UN, I don't want them to be a bully but they need to be a little less passive and I feel it could be a very good organization. The problem is that its not and unfortunately a lot of problems go unadressed for too long and someone has to step in and look like a bully, usually the US. But this is the only country that is able to do this because we are the only that has never shown a history of trying to conquer other countries and take over the world. The US has to look out for themselves because no one else is. I like to compare the US to the New York Yankees, a lot of fans and haters but everyone has an opinion one way or the other. They seem evil and sometimes act like it but all they really want is to win baseball games.

Yes countries hate the US and always will, but who is the first person they call when a crazy dictator decides he's gonna take over their country cause he wants a vacation home there or their country is devastated by some natural disaster. Its what the US does, the most generous and caring country thats ever existed. We sometimes get into situations that are ugly and we create more enemies but in 10 years those same enemies will probably be our allies because we help them out somehow and we'll have a whole new set of enemies. This is gonna be how it is as long as the US is the only superpower in the world.

I look at countries like France and cant figure out what went wrong. they came to our rescue during the revolutionary war and we were friends with them for along time. They were on the verge of having to start speaking German and the last option was the US. We helped them and the shit hit the fan 50 years later. Maybe they are bitter because they dont have the world influence and power they used to but i doubt anyone will ever know why the hatred is there. There are other examples of this but opposite way, think about Japan. We destroyed that country in the 40's and the day the war ended we were there helping them rebuild and restart the country. That is what the US does, every other superpower in history would have just expanded their empire and had tons of prime waterfront real estate.

Not everything the US does is good and not everything they do is bad. I think they just try to balance it out so there is some equilibrium. We have to look out for ourselves because that is how we are able to live our lives the way we do. this is the best country ever and i cant imagine living anywhere else. Why else do so many immigrants still come here its not because we are a bunch of assholes out to get everyone, its because we offer the most opportunities in the world and try to look out for the well being of the human race. Anything politicians say you have to take with a grain of salt, right now democrats are bashing bush because of iraq but these are the same guys that cheered when clinton did itt. its the same way just how the republicans bashed clinton and now cheer bush. Most of these guys have their heads so far up their parties ass that they cant see the light of day and make a logical and rational choice. The closest this country ever got to completely agreeing was when WWI started and Congress voted 534-1 to go to war and the one vote was from a guy that said in order to remain completely democratic we need one opponent to this even though he wanted to go to war.

This country is never gonna please everyone in the world and we never have. If everything works out in Iraq and they become a self reliant free country then this is a success. If it goes to hell and backfires then its a failure, i imagine it will be somewhere in the middle and there will be opinions on both sides. I think all of us just have to chill out a little cause we are all friends and bengals fans and this shit gets us riled up sometimes. Even if i dont agree with everyone i think it would be sweet as hell to have a beer on a sunday afternoon with BJ, Homer, Rick and maybe even Smoov (if i was in a good mood, JK). Peace out to everyone and have a great weekend, im going on vacation to my parents house in Hilton Head 2 weeks from tomorrow and im pumped. (gonna visit Savannah also, great place to walk around and see graves of generals of famous people in the revolutionary and civil war by the way). Everyone have a great night, this is the most ive written on one subject since i graduated college.

[quote name='whodey319' date='Jun 16 2005, 09:17 PM']The problem with people in general is that everyone tries to oversimplify every problem.

Whether people agree or disagree with it, the United States is the world police and have been since WWII.  The UN was setup to do this but they have displayed massive corruption and there really is no threat from the UN, I don't want them to be a bully but they need to be a little less passive and I feel it could be a very good organization.  The problem is that its not and unfortunately a lot of problems go unadressed for too long and someone has to step in and look like a bully, usually the US.  But this is the only country that is able to do this because we are the only that has never shown a history of trying to conquer other countries and take over the world.  The US has to look out for themselves because no one else is. I like to compare the US to the New York Yankees, a lot of fans and haters but everyone has an opinion one way or the other.  They seem evil and sometimes act like it but all they really want is to win baseball games.

Yes countries hate the US and always will, but who is the first person they call when a crazy dictator decides he's gonna take over their country cause he wants a vacation home there or their country is devastated by some natural disaster.  Its what the US does, the most generous and caring country thats ever existed.  We sometimes get into situations that are ugly and we create more enemies but in 10 years those same enemies will probably be our allies because we help them out somehow and we'll have a whole new set of enemies.  This is gonna be how it is as long as the US is the only superpower in the world. 

I look at countries like France and cant figure out what went wrong.  they came to our rescue during the revolutionary war and we were friends with them for along time.  They were on the verge of having to start speaking German and the last option was the US.  We helped them and the shit hit the fan 50 years later.  Maybe they are bitter because they dont have the world influence and power they used to but i doubt anyone will ever know why the hatred is there.  There are other examples of this but opposite way, think about Japan.  We destroyed that country in the 40's and the day the war ended we were there helping them rebuild and restart the country.  That is what the US does, every other superpower in history would have just expanded their empire and had tons of prime waterfront real estate.

Not everything the US does is good and not everything they do is bad.  I think they just try to balance it out so there is some equilibrium.  We have to look out for ourselves because that is how we are able to live our lives the way we do.  this is the best country ever and i cant imagine living anywhere else.  Why else do so many immigrants still come here its not because we are a bunch of assholes out to get everyone, its because we offer the most opportunities in the world and try to look out for the well being of the human race.  Anything politicians say you have to take with a grain of salt, right now democrats are bashing bush because of iraq but these are the same guys that cheered when clinton did itt.  its the same way just how the republicans bashed clinton and now cheer bush.  Most of these guys have their heads so far up their parties ass that they cant see the light of day and make a logical and rational choice.  The closest this country ever got to completely agreeing was when WWI started and Congress voted 534-1 to go to war and the one vote was from a guy that said in order to remain completely democratic we need one opponent to this even though he wanted to go to war.

This country is never gonna please everyone in the world and we never have.  If everything works out in Iraq and they become a self reliant free country then this is a success.  If it goes to hell and backfires then its a failure, i imagine it will be somewhere in the middle and there will be opinions on both sides.  I think all of us just have to chill out a little cause we are all friends and bengals fans and this shit gets us riled up sometimes.  Even if i dont agree with everyone i think it would be sweet as hell to have a beer on a sunday afternoon with BJ, Homer, Rick and maybe even Smoov (if i was in a good mood, JK).  Peace out to everyone and have a great weekend, im going on vacation to my parents house in Hilton Head 2 weeks from tomorrow and im pumped. (gonna visit Savannah also, great place to walk around and see graves of generals of famous people in the revolutionary and civil war by the way).  Everyone have a great night, this is the most ive written on one subject since i graduated college.
[right][post="103976"][/post][/right][/quote]Best response yet. How true. ;)

Guest bengalrick

great post who dey... i'm down for sitting down and having a beer... no politics though [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img] it could get ugly for all of us B)

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 16 2005, 10:34 PM']great post who dey... i'm down for sitting down and having a beer... no politics though [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//3.gif[/img]   it could get ugly for all of us B)
[right][post="103998"][/post][/right][/quote]
:sterb041:

Guest BlackJesus

[i][b]I'm down for Beer..... I am confident that all of the guys even those who think I may be a Mole for Al Qaeda would personally get along with me and me with them.... we just see things differently, It would be wise to keep the topic on the Bengals and Jenna Jamesons vagina though, because if the other "Bush" comes up the Bar Cashews could go flying ;) [/b][/i]

[i]oh yeah nobody better say prayer before we eat either..... :angry2: [/i]

[quote name='BlackJesus' date='Jun 16 2005, 03:28 PM'][color="purple"][i][b]And Al Qaeda didn't sign the Geneva Convention so they are not entitled to follow it, thus when they behead they aren't violating the Geneva Convention

But the U.S. did sign the fucking thing, and thus has to agree to all of its tenets which give every human being the privileges regardless if they also afford them to U.S. personnel [/b][/i][/color]

[right][post="103826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Hey BJ It only aplies to people who fall under ENEMY COMBATANTS they dont publicly show there affiliation with a uniform or stick to military targets. They dont qualify under the geneva convention

But an insugent doesnt train to fight an enemy they train to cause mass descruction and genocide. These people should be delt with as such and no they shouldnt not have rights comparable to the restrictions for POW by the geneva convention as stated

A. Prisoners of war, in the sense of the present Convention, are persons belonging to one of the following categories, who have fallen into the power of the enemy:

1. Members of the armed forces of a Party to the conflict as well as members of militias or volunteer corps forming part of such armed forces.

2. Members of other militias and members of other volunteer corps, including those of organized resistance movements, belonging to a Party to the conflict and operating in or outside their own territory, even if this territory is occupied, provided that such militias or volunteer corps, including such organized resistance movements, fulfil the following conditions:

(a) That of being commanded by a person responsible for his subordinates;

( B) That of having a fixed distinctive sign recognizable at a distance;

© That of carrying arms openly;

(d) That of conducting their operations in accordance with the laws and customs of war.

They do none of these things as such should be considered with out honor or rights... FUckin media... FUCKING TERRORISTS>.... drop the insugent lable

[quote name='oldschooler' date='Jun 16 2005, 08:28 PM']Yeah...all of these Countries were just "innocently" minding
their own business...we just bombed them for oil...:roll:
And the Countries with the "crazy brown people" Iraq and the Sudan...
We are evil for "trying" to help... <_<
Listen...I have said this before...is everything the U.S. does right ?
[right][post="103944"][/post][/right][/quote]

Just to play Devil's Advocate, Grenada was minding their own business. Reagan didn't like the government there so the troops were sent in. The 1,000 American and foreign Medical students there was a good cover.

Same with Nicaragua really.

Guest oldschooler
[quote name='Stanley Wilson's Dealer' date='Jun 17 2005, 07:41 AM']Just to play Devil's Advocate, Grenada was minding their own business. Reagan didn't like the government there so the troops were sent in.

Same with Nicaragua really.
[right][post="104140"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]The invasion of Grenada in late 1983 can be seen as a small part of the rivalry between the U.S. and Cuba during the Reagan years. A bloody coup in Grenada, along with a perceived threat to American students on the island provided the U.S. with an excellent excuse to eliminate a Marxist regime allied to Fidel Castro's Cuba.[/quote]

[url="http://www.historyguy.com/Grenada.html"]http://www.historyguy.com/Grenada.html[/url]

[quote]Not very many Americans know the truth that lies beneath the U.S.’ involvement in Nicaragua.  Most would be surprised to find out that U.S. armed forces and politicians violated U.S. laws and deliberately sabotaged Nicaragua’s stable government by paying the dictator’s henchmen to kill Nicaraguan citizens.  The United States is considered one of the major superpower nations in this world.  It is highly influential to other countries and often takes responsibility to intervene with other another country’s problems—especially when it deals with the spreading of communism.  [b]When Nicaragua’s dictatorship was overthrown by the popular Sandinistas, a communist regime was successfully put in place.  The U.S. immediately feared that Nicaragua’s surrounding countries would eventually become communist due to the Domino Theory.[/b]  The negative impact of becoming further engaged in the Nicaraguan politics was destructive to both the U.S. and Nicaragua.  These actions destabilized the Nicaraguan economy, encouraged civil violence, and motivated members of the American government to violate certain laws to continue their aid to the guerillas.[/quote]

[url="http://www.onlineessays.com/essays/history/his262.php"]http://www.onlineessays.com/essays/history/his262.php[/url]

Both invasions were to stop communism...and Manuel Noriega
was arrested for trafficking drugs.

Anyway I just don`t see the U.S. as being evil like some other
people on this board do...sorry...

That was my point...they were minding their business, but the US went in to effect regime change. My man Manuel N, was in Panama. What a character. Someone needs to do a flick on him.

Also, I got another question...I find the conversations you guys have on here really interesting, just because opinions are so polarized. Both sides make their points, but literally it seems to be you're either with us or you're not. I've noticed this on some other Bengals boards I check out.

I think it must have been like this towards the tail end of the Vietnam conflict or possibly before, but, would anyone have any relatives still going who can remember WW II? If so I wonder if the US was split along idealogical lines even then. I'm talking pre-Pearl Harbour.

Archived