No local TV for Niners game

[quote name='ChicagoBengal' timestamp='1316347021' post='1032219']
I'd imagine with the availability of seats, if you really wanted to see the game you could probably find decent seats well below face value from individual sellers, which of course doesn't have any impact on the box office.
[/quote]

Tickets on the secondary market won't be any cheaper than they have been the last few years. While interest is a lot lower, there's about 15-20K less tickets out there that people are trying to get rid of. Most of the tickets sold now are to people that want to go to the game and aren't looking to sell.

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1316358886' post='1032276']

Tickets on the secondary market won't be any cheaper than they have been the last few years. While interest is a lot lower, there's about 15-20K less tickets out there that people are trying to get rid of. Most of the tickets sold now are to people that want to go to the game and aren't looking to sell.
[/quote]

Speaking of tickets......[b]I have two extra tickets at FACE 124 row 8[/b]...........$72 each....any takers?

[quote name='gatorclaws' timestamp='1316358886' post='1032276']

[/quote]

Except that people cannot sell them for much above face value, because people can buy them for face from the team.

I had season tickets the last few years, so I can't compare the secondary market today to past years. That said, it is very, very easy to get tickets below face value, and it will continue to be easy. Prime seats will continue to be hard to get.

I really wanted to buy season tickets again. However, season tickets area rip off when you factor in that they make you buy tickets to 2 preseason games (which you could go to for less than $20) and if, like me, you usually have to skip 1-2 games due to travel or family obligations. I figured out I could buy 2 tickets for the 6 games I really want to go to for $500 less than season tickets would cost. When I mentioned this to the Bengals ticket office, the guy said, "you should do that." OK, then. Nice job trying to sell your product.

You know, I don't agree with blacking games out like this, but I understand why they do it, greedy bastards. But I tell you what, I do not agree with them blacking it out on the Sunday Ticket thing you got there. People paid for that fucking channel. That's just fucking wrong on all levels. I'd be pissed if I had paid to watch live games and the blacked it out. Pricks!
MULLY

Comment From SomeFan SomeFan : ]Joe I keep hearing rumbling that the season ticket base has fallen closer to 30k than 40k. If this is true that is an epic drop in ticket holders. Even during the loss decade they managed a base around 42k.

Joe Reedy:
It is somewhere in the low to mid 30's just going by the distributed number from the Colts game to wrap up the preseason. People are fed up. There wasn't a big walkup last week for the Niners game which is why the ended suspense early and declared the blackout on Saturday.

12:24 [img]http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif[/img]
[Comment From Mike Mike : ] How many fans do you expect to be in attendance Sunday? 50,000+?

12:25 [img]http://www.coveritlive.com/templates/coveritlive/images/spacer.gif[/img]
Joe Reedy: 45-48,000

[url="http://cincinnati.com/blogs/bengals/2011/09/20/bengals-chat-at-noon-10/"]http://cincinnati.co...hat-at-noon-10/[/url]

Where can a brotha go to find seats for lower than face value ahead of the game?? I know scalpers are always an option, and Stub Hub don't seem to have any deals right now. I'd like to at least try to secure some before the game. Whats the secondary market look like?

[quote name='bengalsfan2011' timestamp='1316284685' post='1032116']
They should at least lift the lockout for people spending hundreds of dollars for the Sunday ticket. that should entitle a fan to all of the games
[/quote]

Seriously, the NFL really does like to squeeze its customers.

Archived