!!!! BENGALS @ BRONCOS GAME THREAD!!!!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316389296' post='1033367']
Any given Sunday.

It wasn't their passing game that beat us. It was McGayhee and our inability to convert on third down. A huge one was the Rome drop, but that was a tough catch to make. All of his momentum was going one way and the ball the other. Andy missed that throw.

But you can't win ball games if you can't convert third down. It hurt that we couldn't run the ball to the right either, because they were stacked on the left. We are a middle of the pack team, which is amazing considering we lost 3 of our best players from a 4-12 team.
[/quote]

You're exactly right, we lost that game on 3rd down. On both sides of the ball.

Also, I could see why Marvin didn't kick the FG. Pin them back in their endzone, stop them and then get it back in good position with more downs to go.

Nugent's kicks looked like they were hooking left anyways. If he misses there, we would have gotten pinned as far back as that one punt went.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1316389583' post='1033379']
3things i have to say about this fucking game.

1Steve Buerlin is a cunt.
2. [b]KICK A FUCKING FG![/b]!!!!!!!!!!! it's denver from the 36yd line, nugent has been automatic all god damn year. WHY MARVIN WHY!
3. WOW 3rd down....
[/quote]
That's what I can't understand. Why did we not try the field goal ? Bizarre

[quote name='Ogremeister' timestamp='1316389612' post='1033382']
that really sucks about jordan but we have caldwell who we know can play clutch in the slot.
[/quote]

I don't think losing Ship will hurt very much. Caldwell will do well. I hate to see him go down though.

Marvin definitely needs to answer to not attempting a FG attempt on the second-to-last drive. Nugent has the leg. Wasted opportunity. But I'll try to take away the positives, which is in the fourth quarter, the rookie Bengals played like the veteran team. The sack on Dalton was a huge play, but he had no way out. If he tries to get rid of it, we would have been flagged for grounding anyway. The guy was unblocked - it wasn't Dalton's fault.

They need to seriously let Dalton throw more, and run his own offense. Some of this playcalling will net a QB 150 yards on 17-30 with a TD, and an INT...

Then this QB goes to a more offensive system and that same QB will be throwing for 400 yards.. Kind of the way we treated Fitzpatrick when he was here. I knew he was much more capable of what he did here, and I think skies the limit with Dalton..

Let the kid throw!

WHY THE F DID WE NOT KICK THE 54yd FG?!?!? Im so disappointed, Nugent has been kicking well and with the altitude there jus knock that shit in...smh....lots of positives from this game but damn we had the chance to take the lead and decided to go for even tho we wen 1 for 13 on 3rd n 4th downs for the game. unbelievable.

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/0f9753f227984a0487d6f2aa44fcbee0-ge.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/ap-201109181804650782466.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/ap-201109181750642272444.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/fa1e41ec15b84dd8d200d68bd56b8be9-ge.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i113.photobucket.com/albums/n224/blaine95/371aa1303afd0bfc08743da53cdfb9d6-ge.jpg[/img]

[quote name='snarkster' timestamp='1316389861' post='1033389']
that was one of the best QB performances I have seen by a Bengal in a long time (mybe since 2005). I'm pretty happy with all levels of the offense except for the Oline.
[/quote]

i think the O Line did well.. He had time to throw. Occasionally when a team blitzes they're going to get through to put pressure on the QB. But they've been pretty decent from my POV.. I watch the game again on Rewind, and be able to really speak on it.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1316390236' post='1033398']

i think the O Line did well.. He had time to throw. Occasionally when a team blitzes they're going to get through to put pressure on the QB. But they've been pretty decent from my POV.. I watch the game again on Rewind, and be able to really speak on it.
[/quote]
I think they were great in pass pro.

The right side is a liability in the run game. If teams just load the left side and make us run right, we still can't do it.

I thought Dalton looked good, but I am not happy we lost to an average team at best missing many starters. The run game was not good today. Any rookie QB is going to need a better run game to help him. The defense also gave up some big plays.

Overall, I knew this season was going to have ups and downs. At least they were in the game and had a chance at the win. They did not get blown out and they responded to being down again. Hopefully, this is a lesson to learn from and next time we walk out with the W.

[quote name='turningpoint' timestamp='1316389583' post='1033379']
3things i have to say about this fucking game.

1Steve Buerlin is a cunt.
2. KICK A FUCKING FG!!!!!!!!!!!! it's denver from the 36yd line, nugent has been automatic all god damn year. WHY MARVIN WHY!
3. WOW 3rd down....
[/quote]
Agree on all 3.

Archived