Andy Dalton > Carson Palmer?

I just want someone to convince me otherwise. From his first game all the way up to the last game before he got hurt, he showed increased accuracy and obviously has one hell of a grasp of the offense. If a guy isn't open, he goes right down the line and finds the open guy. Has Dalton thrown away two balls this year? He knows where everyone is.

Then there's this game tonight. Dalton looked like a complete monster out there. Backed up deep into his own endzone, the guy hits stone hands Simpson in stride to bring us within easy striking distance. Earlier he throws a screen OVER multiple offensive and defensive lineman to get his kicker within chip shot distance of 3 points. The guy has me expecting first downs which is the exact opposite of what Carson did for me (non '05).

He's two real games in and has done nothing but progress every time he's out there. Nice pick up Bengals. Andy Dalton is the real deal.

SF is getting their ass beat in Cincinnati next week for sure.

I remember watching the Quitter in the '04 season. Up until the MNF game (where he was 1-4 going in), he looked just OK...certainly not "there is the guy who can win any game at any time".

Andy is already 6 games ahead of the '04 Quitter now.

Ladies and gentlemen: meet your present and future franchise quarterback.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316390278' post='1033402']
Andy looks great.

I will say, I wish he led his WR more. He puts it out in front of them a little more and our guys could be taking it all the way.
[/quote]

IMO that comes with time. It was one of his biggest strengths coming out of college. As the offense gets more time together, I think you'll see that improve.

All I can say is how I like this core...they don't give up. I like Dalton and he can make plays...Carson would have just thrown away or like someone posted...delay of game because he can't make up his fuckin mind.....so Carson I hope you enjoy retirement...MB wil let you rust...you don't quit on the Browns.

Was there a throw today that you were thinking, "what the fuck are you thinking about?!?!?!"... If so, there may have been only one. Soon enough, teams are going to HAVE to respect our passing game and when that happens, Ced will break out again.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1316391773' post='1033439']
Was there a throw today that you were thinking, "what the fuck are you thinking about?!?!?!"... If so, there may have been only one. Soon enough, teams are going to HAVE to respect our passing game and when that happens, Ced will break out again.
[/quote]

I saw one today early, but have only seen 3 total through preseason and regular season. He's been remarkable at making good decisions.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316390801' post='1033419']

IMO that comes with time. It was one of his biggest strengths coming out of college. As the offense gets more time together, I think you'll see that improve.
[/quote]
When he hits that..and gets his deep ball down, Andy is going to be a top 10 QB. I'm amazed at how good he has been. Now if Jay would just let him grip it and rip it.

Another thing I've seen is that he doesn't really seem to be too comfortable throwing from under center. Not surprising considering he ran a spread like offense in TCU. In order though to make our running game and passing game more effective and unpredictable, he's going to need to get that footwork down and become more comfortable in that aspect.

I'll have to see how he does up against the big defenses, but I definitely like what I see and have much man-love for the guy.

Plus Andy is absolutely CRUSHING Carson in the game of life as his wife is 100000000000omginfinity0000 times hotter. I'm thinking there should a bracket for player's wives. He'd definitely be a finalist. :wub:

[quote name='BurnsBengal' timestamp='1316392654' post='1033457']

Plus Andy is absolutely CRUSHING Carson in the game of life as his wife is 100000000000omginfinity0000 times hotter. I'm thinking there should a bracket for player's wives. He'd definitely be a finalist. :wub:
[/quote]

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1316392889' post='1033462']
Dalton's Wife >>>> Carson's Wife
[/quote]

Truth. She is a babe.

[quote name='Dan_Bengals_FL' timestamp='1316393186' post='1033468']
Andy is certainly showing some nice poise for a rookie and has a good grasp on the mental aspects of the game from what I've seen, but seriously come on.

Carson Palmer is far superior quarterback compared to Andy Dalton.

In my opinion, Dalton's ceiling is low. Hope I'm wrong though. Really do.
[/quote]

In 2005, yes. Now, nope.

Though you also loved Brat. So I will take this as a positive.

Archived