2011/2012 Network Season Discussion

Jason

Interesting, Fox is bringing back In Living Color for two Spring specials that, if successful, would result in a full time return.

[quote]Prepare to get fly again. Fox is resurrecting its groundbreaking sketch comedy series, [i]In Living Color[/i], the network announced on Friday evening.
The new reiteration consists of two half-hour specials scheduled to air in Spring of 2012, during Fox’s 25th anniversary celebration. If the specials are successful, [i]In Living Color[/i] could be back as a regular series as early as Fall 2012.
This time around, Keenen Ivory Wayans, who created and starred on the original series in the early ’90s, will serve as host and executive producer.
In addition to featuring many of Wayans’ family members — Damon, Shawn, Kim and Marlon — the original[i]In Living Color[/i] also helped launch the careers of Jim Carrey, Jamie Foxx, David Alan Grier and Fly Girls Jennifer Lopez and Carrie Ann Inaba. The remake will feature a brand new cast of fresh faces, as well as musical performances by special guests.[/quote]

[url="http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/fox-in-living-color-specials-spring-2012/"]http://www.tvline.com/2011/10/fox-in-living-color-specials-spring-2012/[/url]

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1319985690' post='1052468']
Did anyone else watch Grimm?

I enjoyed it. I think I liked it more than Once upon a time.
[/quote]

I have to say I preferred Once Upon a Time, though I liked Grimm too. They each are very different and resemble in tone the previous works of their production teams. Once Upon a Time - Lost; Grimm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They are both on my DVR list though.

[quote name='esjbh2' timestamp='1318457372' post='1044406']
I really LOVE "Revenge". I usually don't like that kind of drama show, so that's really saying something coming from me.
[/quote]

EXACTLY, I was expecting it to be some chick flick like desperate housewives, but DAMN I really like it!
[url="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIaORMG-AM"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHIaORMG-AM[/url]

[quote name='Jim Finklestein' timestamp='1320230915' post='1054933']

I have to say I preferred Once Upon a Time, though I liked Grimm too. They each are very different and resemble in tone the previous works of their production teams. Once Upon a Time - Lost; Grimm - Buffy the Vampire Slayer. They are both on my DVR list though.
[/quote]

Both are good. I think Grimm sets up better to be a lasting series though.

Also, I am really liking Last Man Standing.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1319985690' post='1052468']
Did anyone else watch Grimm?

I enjoyed it. I think I liked it more than Once upon a time.
[/quote]

just got done watching it online. It wasn't too bad. It has a Fringe feel to it, right down to the score. Problem is, it goes up against Fringe on Friday Nights, so I'll probably have to follow it online.

I did like Once Upon A Time more though.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1324591550' post='1078088']
I gave Hell on Wheels and Mad Men a whirl the other night.

Wasn't too impressed. Are they shows that need to be seen from the beginning to even have a clue what the hell is going on?
[/quote]

I caught Mad Men on Netflix awhile back. Compared to the hype it had been getting I thought it started slow. I was hooked by the end of season 1 though.

[quote name='akiliMVP' timestamp='1324331804' post='1077169']
My jaw is still on the floor
[/quote]
I think I knew it was coming as soon as I heard about how he needed to go back and do a sweep, but still shocked me. Unreal.

• 3 weeks later...
[quote name='BengalRep85-9' timestamp='1326316737' post='1088675']
Just set my DVR for Alcatraz. Hope its worth it!
[/quote]

watched it last night

i was expecting awesome....it was a little meh

thought it was going to be really unique and cool, lost-esque if you will, but i found it a little generic and boring...though i'll probablly tune in next week

anyone else watch?

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1326425966' post='1089191']
it didn't look like much from the commercials, but the series premiere of "Rob" tonight was absolutely hilarious! CBS sure can make comedies.
[/quote]

Turned out better than I expected. I watched it mostly because it came on after Big Bang and because the wife was hawt.

Archived