Simpson and Collins part of a drug investigation (Collins looks to maybe be in the clear)

Lewis: on the Simpson situation: "The only thing I know is that Anthony Collins wasn't involved in anything at all. ... The other thing I'm not allowed to comment about anything so we'll just move forward and get ready to play football. Anything else?"

http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/joereedy/~5ass4

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1316719980' post='1034970']
Lewis: on the Simpson situation: "The only thing I know is that Anthony Collins wasn't involved in anything at all. ... The other thing I'm not allowed to comment about anything so we'll just move forward and get ready to play football. Anything else?"

[url="http://www.tweetdeck.com/twitter/joereedy/~5ass4"]http://www.tweetdeck...joereedy/~5ass4[/url]
[/quote]

That's not good. If there was a glimmer of hope Simpson was innocent,you would think Lewis would say something at least positive.Something like we have
reason to believe Jerome will not be found guilty of any wrong doing or something like that.If true I suspect he will be axed to send a strong message.

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1316720325' post='1034973']

That's not good. If there was a glimmer of hope Simpson was innocent,you would think Lewis would say something at least positive.Something like we have
reason to believe Jerome will not be found guilty of any wrong doing or something like that.[b]If true I suspect he will be axed to send a strong message.[/b]
[/quote]

and he should be.... with all the shit this team has done and been through the last few years. If true this is the most idiotic of all.... gotta go..

as I hold on to the slightest chance that he isn't involved

[quote name='schotzee' timestamp='1316720325' post='1034973']

reason to believe Jerome will not be found guilty of any wrong doing or something like that.If true I suspect he will be axed to send a strong message.
[/quote]

unless things have changed under the new CBA, this isn't something teams can cut players for. Has to be "performance" related.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1316722211' post='1034981']
I think the reason he has not been arrested is because this involves Califorina, Kentucky and possibly the Feds. I dont think they know who should arrest him and who should charge him. They can't arrest him untill they figure it out. Once they figure it out, he will be arrested.
[/quote]

If he's involved he's gone for a long time. Really confusing to see a guy FINALLY get to speed and FINALLY getting his chance to shine and throw it away moving drugs.

What was he thinking?? You're making hundreds of thousands of dollars in a terrible economy and set to probably see that exponentially rise in a contract year provided he progressed like we hope he would.

Why take a chance? Simply unconscionable. Not sure how he isn't involved in this to some degree.

[quote name='BengalsNYC' timestamp='1316722728' post='1034989']
If he's involved he's gone for a long time. Really confusing to see a guy FINALLY get to speed and FINALLY getting his chance to shine and throw it away moving drugs.
[/quote]
See I don't know about that either.

Nate Newton only got 20 months..for 175 pounds of Mary-Jay with intent to distribute.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316722911' post='1034996']
See I don't know about that either.

Nate Newton only got 20 months..for 175 pounds of Mary-Jay with intent to distribute.
[/quote]
Newton got 30 months after he pled guilty. Would have gotten 20 years if he tried to beat the rap which would have never happened. Rome is probably going to a federal lockup based on the available info for a nice stretch. Consider his career most likely over.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316721087' post='1034976']

unless things have changed under the new CBA, this isn't something teams can cut players for. Has to be "performance" related.
[/quote]
Of course you can cut a player for criminal misconduct. Every contract has a boiler-plate morals clause.

The most snake bitten fucking franchise you are ever going to see fellas. Its just ridiculous. Finally get rid of the malcontents and replaced them w/ shitloads of young talent. Guess what happened? Almost as if it were meant to be, Jordan Shipley tears his ACL and is gone for the year less than a week before the fucking most ridiculous scenario any of us could have ever imagined occurs. I love ya Rome and had VERY high hopes for you, but you gotta fucking go!!! SNAKE FUCKIN' BITTEN!!!!

Archived