Simpson and Collins part of a drug investigation (Collins looks to maybe be in the clear)

I still find it strange that no one was arrested. They can hold you for suspicion for a while. Feds were involved, but yet the county is going to decide who prosecutes? Something just doesn't jive.

Feds don't fuck around. They found 8 lbs of pot and distribution materials. I am not saying Jerome is not at fault.

But I find it difficult to believe that if pot showed up on my front porch and they found more in the house that me or any us for that matter wouldn't be hauled to the pokey.

[quote name='T-Dub' timestamp='1316731506' post='1035073']

Nah man, a jinx is a case of bad luck. It's not luck when the league's governing body and the media are making a concerted effort to shit on one particular team to protect everyone else's image. Like a lot of things, perception becomes reality.
[/quote]

Right. The qb only gave up 11 mil and Rome only got caught with 8 lbs of pot.

Clearly the league and media are wrong.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1316741479' post='1035117']
Right. The qb only gave up 11 mil and Rome only got caught with 8 lbs of pot.

Clearly the league and media are wrong.
[/quote]

Oh wow, you're still here?

[img]http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_iYNJ6u3-LZk/S62RWfc8_uI/AAAAAAAACd4/P6De6dbjLq4/s400/Do-not-feed-the-trolls.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1316736766' post='1035091']
Best news all day. Sorry for Simpson but glad to see a foot has been put down within the organization and not letting him play until the hammer comes down.
MULLY
[/quote]

that's not how I took it at all. They didn't send him away, they just gave him the day off to get his affairs in order since he's being questioned by the authorities. Much like teams do if there's a death in the family.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316743365' post='1035123']
Didn't Rome say on his twitter account that this was a big rumor? If so then he lied. Also how did whoever that posted this news get that kind of news so damn quick? must of been his neighbor lol
[/quote]

I think Rome responded to a question about him getting arrested. So if he wasn't arrested, he isn't lying.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1316743365' post='1035123']
[b]Didn't Rome say on his twitter account that this was a big rumor?[/b] If so then he lied. Also how did whoever that posted this news get that kind of news so damn quick? must of been his neighbor lol
[/quote]

he said that in reference to getting arrested.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1316745224' post='1035136']

I think Rome responded to a question about him getting arrested. So if he wasn't arrested, he isn't lying.
[/quote]
[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1316745255' post='1035137']

he said that in reference to getting arrested.
[/quote]

I don't know which one to believe outta you two!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316745476' post='1035139']
Hopefully babygirl takes the fall.

Rome certainly makes more per year than her and will be getting a raise after this year..(possibly).
[/quote]
I doubt someone would be willing to take the fall for a Federal interstate drug trafficking charge with intent to distribute if they are not involved. We are not looking at 30 days is a muni jail and some community service here. This is a significant federal felony(s) which carry significant jail time in federal prison. What is going on right now is the Feds are most likely putting a case together to bust Simpson since they love to set examples (Newton, Vick). If this had been a local bust, he might have a better chance of leniency but the feds don't play that game. Most likely the end for Jerome if it is what it sounds like.

The reality is the pot arriving in the mail was the one thing he could have probably beaten. Unfortunately, that gave the feds probable cause to get a search warrant. The additional 6 pounds in the house with the scales and packaging material is different matter.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316766819' post='1035157']
I doubt someone would be willing to take the fall for a Federal interstate drug trafficking charge with intent to distribute if they are not involved. We are not looking at 30 days is a muni jail and some community service here. This is a significant federal felony(s) which carry significant jail time in federal prison. What is going on right now is the Feds are most likely putting a case together to bust Simpson since they love to set examples (Newton, Vick). If this had been a local bust, he might have a better chance of leniency but the feds don't play that game. Most likely the end for Jerome if it is what it sounds like.

The reality is the pot arriving in the mail was the one thing he could have probably beaten. Unfortunately, that gave the feds probable cause to get a search warrant. The additional 6 pounds in the house with the scales and packaging material is different matter.[/quote]

Agree on the probable cause, but I don't think they needed to see the scales and packaging material in order to slap on additional charges of intent to distribute. By itself, having a large quantity like 2 pounds would bring that charge. Not sure of the laws now, but it used to be that possession over a few ounces carried the intent to distribute charge with it in most states. The scales and stuff just provides additional evidence, and makes the intent to distribute charges that much stronger. And the interstate trafficking makes it a bigger deal, as you stated.

I don't see how he won't be arrested and charged with something when all is said and done, given what they found and the fact that it's his home. Until the legal process plays out, I'm guessing he will be able to play, and then be subject to trial, or whatever.

[quote name='Montana Bengal' timestamp='1316745224' post='1035136']

[/quote]

Even if he'd gotten arrested, all he said was that it was a rumor. He never said it was false.

Simpson's career has been a failure. Honestly I could care less that he smokes weed but buying pounds through the mail, wtf? At this point the team just needs to go forward with AJ, Caldwell, Tate and Whalen and start building this team with professional players not highly athletic knuckleheads.

[quote name='SF2' timestamp='1316766819' post='1035157']

The reality is the pot arriving in the mail was the one thing he could have probably beaten. Unfortunately, that gave the feds probable cause to get a search warrant. The additional 6 pounds in the house with the scales and packaging material is different matter.
[/quote]

Evidently, dumbass didn't even have enough sense to make them get a warrant.

Archived