Simpson and Collins part of a drug investigation (Collins looks to maybe be in the clear)

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1316802040' post='1035361']
What I still can't wrap my head around is the enormous amount of risk he took on for very little actual financial gain when compared to his NFL salary, a salary that would have gone way up on his next contract, presumably.

He makes $555,000 a year under his current contract.

The type of weed he was (allegedly) selling goes for about $125 a quarter. So figure he sells nothing but quarterbags, that's $500 an ounce, $8000 a pound, a total of $64,000 and some change for all he had. That's just not enough money to justify possibly getting caught to me. But then again, I'm not fucking stupid either.
[/quote]

[i]If[/i] he [i]is[/i] involved, I would imagine he bought it to party with and be the "BMOC" with his buddies.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1316802040' post='1035361']
What I still can't wrap my head around is the enormous amount of risk he took on for very little actual financial gain when compared to his NFL salary, a salary that would have gone way up on his next contract, presumably.

The type of weed he was (allegedly) selling goes for about $125 a quarter. So figure he sells nothing but quarterbags, that's $500 an ounce, $8000 a pound, a total of $64,000 and some change for all he had. That's just not enough money to justify possibly getting caught to me. But then again, I'm not fucking stupid either.
[/quote]

Bung, how can you know so much about weed and still be good at math? :26:

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1316802040' post='1035361']What I still can't wrap my head around is the enormous amount of risk he took on for very little actual financial gain when compared to his NFL salary, a salary that would have gone way up on his next contract, presumably.

The type of weed he was (allegedly) selling goes for about $125 a quarter. So figure he sells nothing but quarterbags, that's $500 an ounce, $8000 a pound, a total of $64,000 and some change for all he had. That's just not enough money to justify possibly getting caught to me. But then again, I'm not fucking stupid either.[/quote]

It doesn't make sense at all, assuming he is involved. Even then, his GF - I mean, if youre going to deal drugs, you get your stuff via the USPS? Shit, I wouldn't rely on them to get it to the correct address, and to know it would be going through scanners, etc. And then, to have it sent registered mail (an assumption -maybe the signing for it was a ruse the task force added). How dumb can you be? Amazing.

Hell, maybe he was preparing for his life after the NFL. And depending upon how this shakes out, that will be determined for him.

He was obviously just diversifying his business interests!

Of course he broke the cardinal rule of being a drug kingpin - you need to buffer yourself from this shit and use a dummy house in your buddy's name and give him cash to pay for it. C'mon man! Let him take the fall.

[img]http://domusicnow.files.wordpress.com/2011/01/cmon-man.jpg[/img]

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316801326' post='1035355']
So after all my denial and making jokes of what I thought was something that a professional would beat, it's starting to hit me..

This blows. We waited three years to see two unreal games from the guy. Get our first glimpse of how good he could be this weekend and poof. It's likely all over. Really can't make this shit up.

I suck at picking favorite players. First Corey, then Chris, then Rome.
[/quote]

Who chooses a player who didn't do ANYTHING for the first 3 years of his career as a "favorite"?

That's like me saying my favorite car is a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. And that I love Chevy Aveos.

[quote name='texbengal' timestamp='1316802980' post='1035371']
It doesn't make sense at all, assuming he is involved. Even then, his GF - I mean, if youre going to deal drugs, you get your stuff via the USPS? Shit, I wouldn't rely on them to get it to the correct address, and to know it would be going through scanners, etc. And then, to have it sent registered mail (an assumption -maybe the signing for it was a ruse the task force added). How dumb can you be? Amazing.

Hell, maybe he was preparing for his life after the NFL. And depending upon how this shakes out, that will be determined for him.
[/quote]

think we're dealing with epic levels of stupid here

I still cant comprehend how unbelievably stupid this whole thing is... I mean, just plain unbelievable. Even for a Bengals fan... How could someone with so much to lose be so stupid? This is one of the most stupid things I think I may have ever heard. Just, wow...

And for the people who think he may not have known, or he had a roommate/gf selling it, I'll tell you what. There is not a chance in hell that his entire house did not reek. 100% absolutely positive there is no way he didnt know that was in there.

I think his legal punishment may not be so bad (compared to someone who doesnt have money) but his career is drastically changed (or over) due to being incredibly dumb.

Good job "keeping it real" Jerome.

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy"]joereedy[/url] [color=#999999][size=3]Joe Reedy[/size][/color]
[color=#999999][size=2]
[i]by jamisonhensley[/i] [/size][/color]

[font=Arial,]
Jerome Simpson listed as questionable on [url="http://twitter.com/#!/search?q=%23bengals"][s]#[/s][b]bengals[/b][/url] injury report. Out: Moch; Doubtful: Geathers, Hudson; Probable: Green, Mays, A.Smith[/font]

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/117314588600573952"]11 minutes ago[/url] [size=2][url="http://twitter.com/#"][b]Favorite[/b][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/#"][b]Retweet[/b][/url] [url="http://twitter.com/#"][b]Reply[/b][/url][/size]

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1316803990' post='1035378']
Obviously when it comes to brains, size doesn't matter.

[img]http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/jerome-simpson-89-nfl.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

hahhahaahahahahahahahaahah

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1316803990' post='1035378']
Obviously when it comes to brains, size doesn't matter.

[img]http://cdn.sportsoverdose.com/thumbs/jerome-simpson-89-nfl.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

[IMG]http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y277/nammari/Megamind-DreamWorks-Animation.jpg[/IMG]

[quote name='CTBengalsFan' timestamp='1316804626' post='1035381']I agree that he probably knew, but it's not for certain that his house would smell because of it. If it's all vacuum sealed, it's not going to smell.[/quote]

You dont vacuum seal that stuff.

Its not Mexican. Vacuum sealing would knock down the street value- this quality needs to stay fluffy... UNLESS- it was all personal use- which I personally doubt.

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. His house smelled. No way around it- unless it was in a completely sealed room- no vents, no door spaces etc. Walls covered in plastic Dexter style, doors that seal completely, and vents that are sealed off as well.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1316803170' post='1035374']

Who chooses a player who didn't do ANYTHING for the first 3 years of his career as a "favorite"?

That's like me saying my favorite car is a 1993 Oldsmobile Cutlass Supreme. And that I love Chevy Aveos.
[/quote][left]Sweet story, brah.

But whomever I want to be my favorite player will be my fucking favorite player. Word? Word.
[/left]

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1316807578' post='1035414']

Its not Mexican. Vacuum sealing would knock down the street value- this quality needs to stay fluffy... UNLESS- it was all personal use- which I personally doubt.

[b]Believe me, I know what I'm talking about[/b]. His house smelled. No way around it- unless it was in a completely sealed room- no vents, no door spaces etc. Walls covered in plastic Dexter style, doors that seal completely, and vents that are sealed off as well.
[/quote]

Sometimes I feel like we might actually get along if our paths crossed.

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1316807578' post='1035414']

Believe me, I know what I'm talking about. His house smelled. No way around it- unless it was in a completely sealed room- no vents, no door spaces etc. Walls covered in plastic Dexter style, doors that seal completely, and vents that are sealed off as well.
[/quote]

You make 3 erroneous assumptions.. First that the weed in the house was all dank shit and was opened... Secondly that someone would be fucking retarded enough to ship 2 pounds of weed without vacuum sealing it. Last that vacuum sealing is somehow the same as bricking.

And finally.. I have been in a house with at least that much weed and most likely quite a bit more on multiple occasions and it didn't smell. And yes the lbs of dank within were incredibly sticky and stinky. I have also been in a home with a fairly large grow room (these guys were growing a skunk hybrid) and you couldn't smell shit unless you got close to the room.. And there was no plastic coating anything or any other outrageous precaution you just named. There are ways, and it isn't that complicated.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1316807720' post='1035417']
[left]Sweet story, brah.

But whomever I want to be my favorite player will be my fucking favorite player. Word? Word.

[/quote]

+1

I wish Simpson was my favorite player. My favorite Bengals players hate the Bengals. It kind of is weird.[/left]

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1316814018' post='1035470']
Reedy says there's a rumor that seven more players are involved in this?
[/quote]

He responded to the question "Any truth to the rumors that there are 7 other players involved" and his response was "There are a lot of rumors out there and that's one of them"

FWIW

Archived