!!!49ers @ BENGALS GAME THREAD!!!

[quote name='Harley' timestamp='1316988300' post='1036684']
Dalton is promising but just a rookie and easy to scout with the vanilla offense they had to install for him. I predicted 5 wins and I still think that's reasonable.

Just think, we used to have Ryan Fitzpatrick. I guess he intimidated Marvin.
[/quote]
:suicide:

PFTs view:

[quote]Dalton throws game away in front of tiny Cincinnati crowd
Posted by Michael David Smith on September 25, 2011, 5:23 PM EDT

Bengals quarterback Andy Dalton was the first rookie since Dan Marino to have a passer rating over 100 in his first two NFL games. And then came Dalton’s third game today, when his passer rating was 40.8.

Dalton completed 17 of 32 passes for 157 yards, and threw two fourth-quarter interceptions, as the Bengals choked away a 6-3 lead and ended up losing 13-8, with their last points coming on a 49ers intentional safety at the end of the game.

Only 43,363 fans attended the game at Paul Brown Stadium, the Bengals’ smallest crowd for a home opener since they played at Riverfront Stadium in 1981.

Kendall Hunter of the 49ers had a seven-yard run for the game’s only touchdown, and the 49ers won despite a generally miserable showing from their offense, which went the entire first half without ever getting across the 50-yard line.

The few fans who showed up saw a badly played game by both teams. But Dalton’s mistakes were the biggest mistakes of the day, and the 49ers can leave Cincinnati satisfied that they’re 2-1.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/09/25/dalton-throws-game-away-in-front-of-tiny-cincinnati-crowd/[/quote]

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1316990307' post='1036691']
PFTs view:
[/quote]

Just to avoid starting a new thread on such a possibly stupid subject....

How much do you think it affects Mike Brown's mentality when he sees numbers like this and sees the crowd in the stadium?

It was almost embarrassing to see the lack of humanity at the stadium today and even more humiliating was how many people jumped out of their seats when Vernon Davis caught the big pass in the 4th quarter that breathed a little life into the almost dead 49ers.

He's put some bad products out on the field in the last couple decades, but the fact is, people showed up because of many reasons...the economy wasn't bad so if nothing else, it was a chance to hang out with friends and possibly see a good game. Now, there are fewer and fewer reasons for the general public to go to the games. Just wanted to know someone else's opinion on if he REALLY cares about the downfall that has happened

[quote name='Fletcher Smith' timestamp='1316983957' post='1036653']

The rebuilding never ends. If this was an expansion team or a team that had been highly competitive for years and finally got old and needed to retool, that would be one thing. This is a team that had 20 years of decency, passed the mantle of ownership, and has been a perpetually rebuilding mess ever since. Someone said it's a work in progress. Nonsense. It's a work in stagnation at best. A work in regress is more like it.
[/quote].

The "work in progress" line was dripping in sarcasm.
MULLY

[quote name='unleashed' timestamp='1316992771' post='1036708']

Just to avoid starting a new thread on such a possibly stupid subject....

How much do you think it affects Mike Brown's mentality when he sees numbers like this and sees the crowd in the stadium?

It was almost embarrassing to see the lack of humanity at the stadium today and even more humiliating was how many people jumped out of their seats when Vernon Davis caught the big pass in the 4th quarter that breathed a little life into the almost dead 49ers.

He's put some bad products out on the field in the last couple decades, but the fact is, people showed up because of many reasons...the economy wasn't bad so if nothing else, it was a chance to hang out with friends and possibly see a good game. Now, there are fewer and fewer reasons for the general public to go to the games. Just wanted to know someone else's opinion on if he REALLY cares about the downfall that has happened
[/quote]

I just think the fans are frustrated. Its sad to see really. Do I think it affects MB? Yes I do, but I don't buy into the crap that he doesn't care about winning.

[quote name='OneHeartBeat' timestamp='1316997015' post='1036727']
I just think the fans are frustrated. Its sad to see really. Do I think it affects MB? Yes I do, but I don't buy into the crap that he doesn't care about winning.
[/quote]

He has other priorities than winning. W/hen a regular schmo says that he wants to, say, become a millionaire, or lose weight, or quit smoking, etc. but places other priorities ahead of that effort to the extent that he fails spectacularly, we don't put much stock in what he says he wants. At the very least, he's deluding himself. Why should it be different with a rich guy that fails spectacularly at winning football games?

[quote name='Fletcher Smith' timestamp='1316998109' post='1036733']

He has other priorities than winning. W/hen a regular schmo says that he wants to, say, become a millionaire, or lose weight, or quit smoking, etc. but places other priorities ahead of that effort to the extent that he fails spectacularly, we don't put much stock in what he says he wants. At the very least, he's deluding himself. Why should it be different with a rich guy that fails spectacularly at winning football games?
[/quote]

But MB isn't throwing the ball, running te ball, catching, blocking etc. I get the frustration, but there is talent on this team.

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1317001828' post='1036760']Roethlisberger keeping the Colts in the game tonight

2 fumbles (1 led to a field goal, the other was returned for a TD)
1 INT that led to a field goal

Colts now have a 13-10 lead with all the points coming from turnovers.[/quote]

Granted he just converted a third and eighteen but Ben has looked spooked most of the game.

[quote name='Marvin' timestamp='1317004948' post='1036768']
Granted he just converted a third and eighteen but Ben has looked spooked most of the game.
[/quote]
Probably because Freeney has been giving him daily colonoscopy's.

Archived