The Official "I'm sorry, Andy" Thread

Andy was awful in the first half. He was practically shitting himself in the pocket at the sight of anyone within a foot. It wasn't like him. He didn't have a very good day as it was . A lot of overthrows, one bad interception, got lucky that he didn't give up a fumble for a TD. He got bailed out by AJ.

I'm not worried. I think he is going to be a fine QB. But he wasn't very good today and the people who said that were 100% correct because at the time, he looked like a real turd.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1317587984' post='1039081']
He had a lot of "help" from Caldwell.
[/quote]

He certainly did! I haven't bashed him, so I can't be sorry though! I have faith in him being our franchise QB for many years to come!
He doesn't seem to get rattled and has a short memory which is great.Monster 2nd half indeed!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1317587815' post='1039079']
Andy was awful in the first half. He was practically shitting himself in the pocket at the sight of anyone within a foot. It wasn't like him. He didn't have a very good day as it was . A lot of overthrows, one bad interception, got lucky that he didn't give up a fumble for a TD. He got bailed out by AJ.

I'm not worried. I think he is going to be a fine QB. But he wasn't very good today and the people who said that were 100% correct because at the time, he looked like a real turd.
[/quote]

O ye of little faith.....

[quote name='Farbeyonddriven' timestamp='1317588519' post='1039091']
Dalton is a great rookie QB, and will one day be great all around. Just watch.
[/quote]

:lol: I had to take your sig pic and make this

[img]http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/10367568.jpg[/img]

[quote name='CTA513' timestamp='1317587655' post='1039072']
sorry for what?
he was the reason the Bengals had to come from behind to win
[/quote]
Yeh, but he led the team from behind, not bad for a rookie on a team which is still learning an entirely new offense!

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1317587815' post='1039079']
Andy was awful in the first half. He was practically shitting himself in the pocket at the sight of anyone within a foot. It wasn't like him. He didn't have a very good day as it was . A lot of overthrows, one bad interception, got lucky that he didn't give up a fumble for a TD. [b]He got bailed out by AJ.[/b]

[/quote]
I'm not worried either but I don't think it's entirely fair to say he got bailed out by AJ. Rewind 2005....Carson was continuously getting bailed out by Chad Johnson, nobody called Carson Palmer a poor qb at the time though did they.

He's going to be up and down. I'm not sure what planet the guys who expect that he's going to be good every week are from. No QB, rookie or vet, is. Ever. Hell, Brady threw 4 picks against the Bills last week.

Andy had no OTAs, he has a 2nd year TE, 2 guys at WR starting for the first time, and 2 new starting OL... And a new OC who is coaching at that position in the NFL for the first time. It's hilarious to expect the guy to be anything more than what he's shown to this point.

But I think we've seen that he's resilient, there doesn't seem to be a ton of miscommunication with his receivers, he gets them out of the huddle into the play before time expires - consistently, he generally makes very good decisions with the football, and he's pretty mobile in and out of the pocket. The accuracy has been spotty, no question. He throws high and hasn't shown much touch on the long ball. But the accuracy will come. From what I saw in college, his ability to throw to guys in stride is one of his best assets, and I think we will start to see that as the year unfolds.

They're 2-2, and they were in it in the other 2 games, late into the 4th quarter.

No need to apologize. The guy didn't play well for most of that game. He had a QB rating that matched his jersey number. Lapham was even suggesting they put in Grad in late in that first half. He was throwing the ball so high and off target that I thought Carson had snuck back in there.

However, he got it together. Good for him. Still have some concerns. Those catches by Gresham (the TD) and Green (the 40 yarder) weren't well thrown balls; just amazing catches. But I do continue to be impressed by his leadership ability and awareness.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1317587984' post='1039081']
He had a lot of "help" from Caldwell.[/quote]

Dalton wasn't good, but Caldwell was awful that first half. Dropped an easy pass, juggled the ball into an interception, and then looked to run a stupid route on that second interception (he forced the defender into the proper position for the INT).

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1317589544' post='1039118']
Dalton wasn't good, but Caldwell was awful that first half. Dropped an easy pass, juggled the ball into an interception, and then looked to run a stupid route on that second interception (he forced the defender into the proper position for the INT).
[/quote]

I don't know that the 2nd TD was Caldwell's fault. It looked as if Dalton might have thrown it late.

Anywho, no one should be surprised with anything this offense has done. It will be an up and down performance all season. Frankly, I think Dalton has overachieved so far this year for a rookie QB.

[quote name='mongo' timestamp='1317589544' post='1039118']
[/quote]

Rome didnt help matters until that one catch late in the game.

[quote name='EnglishBengal' timestamp='1317589336' post='1039108']
Yeh, but he led the team from behind, not bad for a rookie on a team which is still learning an entirely new offense!

I'm not worried either but I don't think it's entirely fair to say he got bailed out by AJ. Rewind 2005....Carson was continuously getting bailed out by Chad Johnson, nobody called Carson Palmer a poor qb at the time though did they.
[/quote]
I don't ever remember Chad Johnson jumping over a receiver to catch a ball or winning a jump ball. AJ is on a whole other level from Chad. He's going to be in the same breath as Calvin and Larry in a year or two. He def. bailed him out today.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1317589950' post='1039128']
I don't ever remember Chad Johnson jumping over a receiver to catch a ball or winning a jump ball. AJ is on a whole other level from Chad. He's going to be in the same breath as Calvin and Larry in a year or two. He def. bailed him out today.
[/quote]

because he caught a pass?

I don't really get your point. Dalton did what the play called for. Throw it up and let your guy make a play.

[quote name='Mu Shu' timestamp='1317589402' post='1039116']
No need to apologize. The guy didn't play well for most of that game. He had a QB rating that matched his jersey number. Lapham was even suggesting they put in Grad in late in that first half. He was throwing the ball so high and off target that I thought Carson had snuck back in there.

However, he got it together. Good for him. Still have some concerns. [b]Those catches by Gresham (the TD) and Green (the 40 yarder) weren't well thrown balls; just amazing catches.[/b] But I do continue to be impressed by his leadership ability and awareness.
[/quote]
The ball on the TD throw to Gresham was put in the perfect spot imho.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317590101' post='1039130']

because he caught a pass?

I don't really get your point. Dalton did what the play called for. Throw it up and let your guy make a play.
[/quote]

Seriously.... throwing a jump ball to a guy like AJ is common. There was no bailing out. They know AJ is going to win the jump ball 9/10

Archived