The Official "I'm sorry, Andy" Thread

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317601259' post='1039277']

the 49ers actually have a pretty damn good defense.

I know you're probably trying to just increase page hits, buts its incredible how stupid you're making yourself look.
[/quote]

a buncha retards acting like dalton is even a decent QB is ridiculous, the bengals are a joke with this clown..

maybe i should just want 4-5 weeks until we are 3-6 before i speak my mind?

i figured 6 quarters of completely inept football was enough...

beating a team that will likely finish 3rd in thier division isnt that exciting, we have done it twice.. whoopty do

we should be 4-0 if dalton was any good.

[quote name='Oldcat' timestamp='1317601946' post='1039298']

We are .500.
[/quote]

no shit, the season still has 12 games left, and they sure as fuck dont get any easier...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317602023' post='1039299']

a buncha retards acting like dalton is even a decent QB is ridiculous, the bengals are a joke with this clown..

beating a team that will likely finish 3rd in thier division isnt that exciting, we have done it twice.. whoopty do

no shit, the season still has 12 games left, and they sure as fuck dont get any easier...
[/quote]

I'll wait till we play them. It was Carson Palmer who left us without a QB, not Andy Dalton. Like 2004, this is just training up for seasons to come.

Wishing for AD to fail won't bring CP back, nothing will. I'd rather he works out than we spin the dial on yet another QB savior. Lets try a team that can win with an A- or B+ QB for a change.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317602023' post='1039299']

[/quote]

you seem to have this failed recognition that dalton is a ROOKIE. And for a rookie who had little offseason, he's played quite well. And as a rookie, he's played better than a number of the starters in the league. All with a crappy oline, which you yourself know is crappy.

Maybe you should re-evaluate your expectations.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1317601269' post='1039278']
Hey Go maybe you should look at my post a page back. Dalton has better stats through his first 4 games than Carson did. Dalton is a rookie, give the kid a break.
[/quote]

cute, palmer played two of the best defenses in the league in his first 4 games... dalton has played 3 of the worst...

but NAH that shouldnt effect anything... right?

just ignoring the opponent? about as logical as thinking dalton is good. so i guess it makes sense...

the steelers went 15-1(playoff team) that year and the ravens 10-6(lost tie breaker for wildcard), an the jets went 10-6(playoff team)

compared to the browns, broncos(without dumerville, williams, or bailey), 49ers, and bills defense(our D rocked out with thier cocks out)

how is that even remotely relevant comparison? seriously?

So far in this thread Go has called us fans that have supported this site for years...

"A stupid bitch"

"Bunch retards"

and said "Fuck you" to another poster that just posted a guy whistling....

I hope this post doesnt get me banned...but dude all we are doing is supporting OUR teams starting qb. OUR qb. Same thing you did for years when people bashed Palmer. But you are being THAT guy that YOU used to hate.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317601875' post='1039296']

who does that leave? it leaves the guy throwing behind WR's, running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage, throwing to guys who are not even close to open.. throwing picks to guys hwo arent open, throwing the ball out of bounds, to wide open deep WR's.. throwing 5 yards short or 8 yards too deep..

the missed opportunities are countless...

[/quote]

I keep wondering why you continue to bring up Carsons play? This is a thread about Andy Dalton.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317602496' post='1039316']

cute, palmer played two of the best defenses in the league in his first 4 games... dalton has played 3 of the worst...

just ignoring the opponent? about as logical as thinking dalton is good. so i guess it makes sense...

the steelers went 15-1(playoff team) that year and the ravens 10-6(lost tie breaker for wildcard), an the jets went 10-6(playoff team)

compared to the browns, broncos(without dumerville, williams, or bailey), 49ers, and bills defense(our D rocked out with thier cocks out)

[/quote]

Carson wasn't a rookie that year. He had had 2 complete training camps and a full year of practice.

[/quote]

Compared to the dominant, often amazing OLine Carson played behind his first few years, I'd say Andy is doing very well for himself in comparison.

[/quote]
Yea but Carson had 8 preseason games and a whole year to set and learn. Dalton only had a few weeks. Big difference there.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317602399' post='1039312']

you seem to have this failed recognition that dalton is a ROOKIE. And for a rookie who had little offseason, he's played quite well. And as a rookie, he's played better than a number of the starters in the league. All with a crappy oline, which you yourself know is crappy.

Maybe you should re-evaluate your expectations.
[/quote]

like i already stated, his issues arent all of the rookie mistake variety.. rookie mistakes are a bad read, or missing a hot route, etc.. his accuracy past 15-20 yards is total shit.

he is constantly behind WR's, i mean constantly, and flat out WAY off on anything medium or deep...

being a rookie doesnt matter if you dont have the skills to do the job, have never expressed the skills at any level, they arent going to magically show up... eh?

[i]compared to the browns, broncos(without dumerville, williams, or bailey), 49ers, and bills defense(our D rocked out with thier cocks out)[/i]

Carson lost to Denver plenty of times. I don't count any win as easy, it wasn't Andy that gave that particular game away it was the D.
Sorry it made you look bad to the locals, or something.

[quote name='big_dish' timestamp='1317602604' post='1039320']

Compared to the dominant, often amazing OLine Carson played behind his first few years, I'd say Andy is doing very well for himself in comparison.
[/quote]

This.

The dude is no superstar, but I think he can be good if given some time to learn his way in the NFL...and some time to set and throw the ball.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1317602501' post='1039317']
So far in this thread Go has called us fans that have supported this site for years...

"A stupid bitch"

"Bunch retards"

and said "Fuck you" to another poster that just posted a guy whistling....

I hope this post doesnt get me banned...but dude all we are doing is supporting OUR teams starting qb. OUR qb. Same thing you did for years when people bashed Palmer. But you are being THAT guy that YOU used to hate.
[/quote]

i called YOU a stupid bitch.... no one else...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317602692' post='1039323']

like i already stated, his issues arent all of the rookie mistake variety.. rookie mistakes are a bad read, or missing a hot route, etc.. his accuracy past 15-20 yards is total shit.

he is constantly behind WR's, i mean constantly, and flat out WAY off on anything medium or deep...

being a rookie doesnt matter if you dont have the skills to do the job, have never expressed the skills at any level, they arent going to magically show up... eh?
[/quote]

I doubt your objectivity on this matter, and it does not fit what I have seen.

[quote name='BengalsFREAK' timestamp='1317602644' post='1039321']
Those rookies had a full compliment of OTA's, mini camps, a full training camp and had the playbook from the time they were drafted.
[/quote]

many OC's overnighted palybooks the one day the lockout was lifted, he should ahve had at least most of the playbook...

did we stick our thumb up our ass isntead of getting the playbook into players hands? i dont recall.. anyone know?

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317601875' post='1039296']

it leaves the guy throwing behind WR's, running out of bounds behind the line of scrimmage, throwing to guys who are not even close to open.. throwing picks to guys hwo arent open, throwing the ball out of bounds, to wide open deep WR's.. throwing 5 yards short or 8 yards too deep..

[/quote]

Carson Palmer isn't on the team anymore.

Joking aside. Andy is a rookie. Carson was an 8 year vet doing the EXACT same things you are bitching about above.

I see both sides of the argument. On one hand he when he has played well it was against bad D's or D's missing key players. On the other he is a rookie with no ota's and while he would be learning a new O regardless (being hes a rookie), the whole O is learning a new O too.

Me thinks a wait and see approach is best.

Like I said, do it against a good D and Ill apologize to him.

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1317602950' post='1039333']

Carson Palmer isn't on the team anymore.

Joking aside. Andy is a rookie. Carson was an 8 year vet doing the EXACT same things you are bitching about above.
[/quote]

And Carson probably left because he knew he couldn't take this team to 4-0 either......

1/2 :ninja:

[quote]There are questions about his ability to push the ball up-field. He threw passes of 60 yards in the air during pro day, but this was in shorts and without wind. Dalton will not be a big-arm quarterback in a vertical system. He has the arm strength to throw go routes and out patterns but relies more on timing to make his throws. The ball will float down the seam too often.[/quote]

[quote]He will lock on to receivers too long (a by-product, I think, of his great pump fake), and has the tendency to drop his eye level and take off, perhaps more quickly than he should.[/quote]

[quote]Dalton has an odd 3/4 release, which may cause him some trouble with passes being tipped at the line at the NFL level. However, the 3/4 release of Phillip Rivers hasn’t adversely affected him at the NFL level. Since he comes from a spread system, there weren’t a lot of under center reps to watch, He’ll definitely have to spend some time learning his drops. His release point varies when he’s throwing on the run, this causes some of his passes to sail a bit.[/quote]

[quote][i]1/30/11 [/i]: I don't understand how Andy Dalton is a Day 2 prospect. Dalton had a wide-open receiver down the field at the end of the first half, and completely missed him. The throw wasn't even close. "He makes Kyle Orton look like Matthew Stafford." Dalton missed most of the second half with an injury. [/quote]

[quote]Spread offense product, must learn to read defenses from a drop. Usually catch-and-throw passer from shotgun, makes some poor decisions when primary receiver is covered. Spends little time under center on passing plays, will hand off occasionally from drop. Will throw off his back foot and with an inconsistent spiral when pressured. Does not drive the ball downfield, floats it down the seam or the sideline. Not an elusive runner, needs to keep his head up on the run and learn to slide.[/quote]

[quote]Much like his accuracy, he has a tendency to misjudge the amount of strength needed behind his throws when the play breaks down or he starts to feel pressure. He will miss crossing routes on occasion, due in large part to unnecessarily trying to bullet the ball into the receiver. He also can miss on deep routes from time to time, not putting enough strength behind the pass and allowing the defender to make a play on the sailing ball.[/quote]

[quote]His accuracy breaks down, however, when his mechanics do. When the play breaks down and he’s forced to make hasty throws, his mechanics break down which often leads to poor throws. [/quote]

[quote]When he’s under pressure or is starting to panic because his number one target is covered, his mechanics break down. [/quote]

these all hit a little too close to home over and over and over and over as i watch him play, and if they were known issues all through college, i have no hope of them somehow magically being fixed now...

sounds a lot like mediocre starter smart enough good enough to be a good backup, sounds like jon kitna actually...

he has a top 3 or 5 (at worst) defense giving him gifts week after week of great field position, and some MONSTERS to throw to, and a good set of RB's..

dalton is the weak link... and honestly just not seeing it as rookie mistakes.. its lack of ability, and if 9 different scouting places see it.... and then i see it week after week....

its tough to look past

Archived