The Official "I'm sorry, Andy" Thread

[quote name='NYbengals' timestamp='1317605193' post='1039390']
Im a big carson fan and i have liked what i've seen from dalton so far. We have lost with carson before remember week 1 of 09? we scored 7 points vs Denver. Last year we had gresham and shipley and won only 4 games.
[/quote]

Our O last year was worthless for three of the four quarters in the first six or seven games at least, with Carson. And spotty in 2009. So I am more philosophical about this year's issues, because they might get better.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1317605362' post='1039394']

At the end of the day, for whatever reasons, he quit on the fans and his teammates and a 10 plus win potential team. HE chose to leave that.
[/quote]

So no. Sorry I disagree with that. You can't put him in a vacuum like that.

So who here is capable of running go-bengals.com? Judging by this thread Go has officially lost it.

Brat fired then CP retires, if Dalton continues to play like a rookie or (god forbid) gets even better I fear Go might shut this place down. I need my fix so someone has to be prepared to take this thing over If Go does step off the ledge.

At the end of the day Carson wasnt as good as a lot of people make him out to be and he wasnt as bad as a lot of us are making him out to be now.

Same with AD, he isnt as good as some here think, and hes definitely not as bad as others think.

Usually fans are black and white, but most of the time there are shades of gray that a lot of fans everywhere for every team dont understand. With that being said, AD is our qb now and as long as hes our QB im going to root for him to succeed, not spend all my time digging up posts about his weaknesses.

Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Ryan Leaf, Jack Thompson. The scouts were wrong about these guys. I'm not saying Andy Dalton is going to be the next Tom Brady or Joe Montana just like I am not saying he is the next Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf. He is a rookie that had hardly any time to prepare for the season and is 2 and 2 thru the 1st quarter of football. I don't know what you are seeing but I've been watching the Bengals for 30+ years and I'm not going make any judgement after 4 games. He has shown flashes of being a good qb and has had some rookie mistakes but that is what you are going to get with a rookie qb.

If you were expecting a winning season with a rookie qb, rookie wr, and a rookie oc then you set yourself up for disappointment. I knew that this season was a rebuilding year the moment the quitter took his ball and went home. I am enjoying watching this team and how they are rallying around this "mediocre" qb. I am enjoying the wide recievers going after balls and the defense playing with an attitude. It is definately better than the crap I had to watch last year with a team that basically had no heart or determination.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1317604129' post='1039362']
It's crazy how after 4 games Green is a top 10 WR and Dalton is a complete bust.

4 Games.

4 games.
[/quote]

amazing catches area show of skill.... constant behind throws and off target deep passes are a show of lack of skill... its pretty simple really...

Lol i leave the forums for like 3 hours and see this page generated 6 pages and you people are argueing and crying. LMFAO. You guys wouldnt say all of this to each other's faces i know that for a fact,feeling safe behind the computer cussing each other out
:onoudidnt: :24: :Harassment_emoticon: :shrug:

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1317605807' post='1039405']
Joe Montana, Tom Brady, Ryan Leaf, Jack Thompson. The scouts were wrong about these guys. I'm not saying Andy Dalton is going to be the next Tom Brady or Joe Montana just like I am not saying he is the next Akili Smith or Ryan Leaf. He is a rookie that had hardly any time to prepare for the season and is 2 and 2 thru the 1st quarter of football. I don't know what you are seeing but I've been watching the Bengals for 30+ years and I'm not going make any judgement after 4 games. He has shown flashes of being a good qb and has had some rookie mistakes but that is what you are going to get with a rookie qb.

If you were expecting a winning season with a rookie qb, rookie wr, and a rookie oc then you set yourself up for disappointment. I knew that this season was a rebuilding year the moment the quitter took his ball and went home. I am enjoying watching this team and how they are rallying around this "mediocre" qb. I am enjoying the wide recievers going after balls and the defense playing with an attitude. It is definately better than the crap I had to watch last year with a team that basically had no heart or determination.
[/quote]

I can't +1 you from my phone but you deserve it!

[quote name='spidey' timestamp='1317605807' post='1039405']

[/quote]

x2

The only thing that really frustrates me on this team is Marvin Lewis.

And bad Oline play.

Otherwise, I think this team is pretty much what I expected. Sucks to go through another "rebuilding" period, but, Our defense looks good, we have a TE that can be very good, a WR that will be a monster, a LT that is damn good, and a rookie QB that in general has played well above rookie expectations (especially for being a 2nd day pick).

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317600178' post='1039247']

the defense won this game, they gave up 13 points to the previously best offense in the LEAGUE overaging 3 times that many points..

the offense handed them over 1/3rd of their points, and dalton was fucking awful in the first half... 4 of 12 at one point... ended up mediocre a 50% completion..

AJ green and gresham are fucking monsters and are absolutely the ONLY reason this guy had a reasonable day, if you can even call it that..

without green being a fucking badass and gresham making a GREAT td catch... dalton single handedly loses the game for the bengals.. he is constantly throwing behind receivers, WAY off on the deep passes, etc..

the love for dalton is clearly based on spite for palmer.

dalton wont be starting for any team in 2 years...
[/quote]

This is the dumbest shit i have ever read.

Throwing consistently behind receivers is a game speed issue. He'll eventually figure it out or he won't. Those saying he's going to be great are idiots. Those saying he sucks are idiots. Give him a season at least.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317600649' post='1039259']

no, its based on his scouting report being dead on and the shelf life of a QB who cant throw further than 20 yards with any accuracy in the nfl is non existant.

he is slow getting rid of the ball, he is shit downfield, and half of his TD's are due to MONSTER catches by either green or gresham...

we should be 4-0. the offense didnt sniff the endzone for what, 6 quarters?

no one said shit about OC or bratkowski, maybe you should stop being a stupid bitch, clearly its on YOUR mind.. not mine..
[/quote]
Oops. Nevermind. THIS is the dumbest shit i have ever read. Thats like saying Matthew Stafford sucks because he threw two jump balls up to Calvin Johnson today for touchdowns that most other humans wouldnt have caught. Dumb. Dumb. Dumb. Wow.

[quote name='Bgal' timestamp='1317606417' post='1039413']
Throwing consistently behind receivers is a game speed issue. He'll eventually figure it out or he won't. Those saying he's going to be great are idiots. Those saying he sucks are idiots. Give him a season at least.
[/quote]

I think if you as a fan honestly think about reality and think about the way hes played so far you can see that his career could go several ways and definitely isnt only headed one way or the other...could he be great? Maybe...could he suck? Maybe. But no one here can honestly say one way or another that the KNOW how AD's career will end up. Anyone claiming they can is just lying to themselves and everyone else.

I'm watching Sanchez throw some crazy passes and he's been to how many play off games? Most QBs arent Tom Brady or even Cam Newton. Andy Dalton wants to be here and has heart... Mouthing him at this point really makes no sense.

The kid is tough and wants to be here.....he held onto the football after his 1st NFL touchdown like it was the golden goose......his dive to pick up the first down and a few scrambles were impressive. His 1st half sucked ass and he knows it......he kept his composure and played well enough to get the team in a position to win......Carson left the team for his reasons.......Whit and Leon would never have re-signed it if sucked that much........bottom line, Carson is not here and Dalton is the QB......GO, always thought you were a huge dickhead.......you just proved it......

[quote name='Bgal' timestamp='1317606417' post='1039413']
[/quote]

Game speed issue? I disagree I think it's an arm strength issue but im surely willing to listen to your argument.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1317606558' post='1039416']

I think if you as a fan honestly think about reality and think about the way hes played so far you can see that his career could go several ways and definitely isnt only headed one way or the other...could he be great? Maybe...could he suck? Maybe. But no one here can honestly say one way or another that the KNOW how AD's career will end up. Anyone claiming they can is just lying to themselves and everyone else.
[/quote]

pretty much. Who knows what he'll be, good or bad. To this point he's exceeded my expectations.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1317602692' post='1039323']

like i already stated, his issues arent all of the rookie mistake variety.. rookie mistakes are a bad read, or missing a hot route, etc.. his accuracy past 15-20 yards is total shit.

he is constantly behind WR's, i mean constantly, and flat out WAY off on anything medium or deep...

being a rookie doesnt matter if you dont have the skills to do the job, have never expressed the skills at any level, they arent going to magically show up... eh?
[/quote]

And deep ball accuracy is a LOT about timing and chemistry. Timing and chemistry come from repetition. Reps they haven't had many of because of the strike shortened off season.

Go you always said Carson could not have success with the bad o line we have. Dalton is playing behind the same o line. The o line played like shit today in the first. If you are going to use that excuse for Carson then you have to give Dalton the same benefit.

[quote name='BigDawgBengal' timestamp='1317607458' post='1039431']
Go you always said Carson could not have success with the bad o line we have. Dalton is playing behind the same o line. The o line played like shit today in the first. If you are going to use that excuse for Carson then you have to give Dalton the same benefit.
[/quote]

Well said.

Archived