Nugent game winner..

[quote name='Nickslycat' timestamp='1317689512' post='1039969']
sorry, I know he wasnt a first rounder, but a fairly early pick, 3rd or 4th round.
[/quote]

He was the 15th pick of the 2nd round for the Jets. I think things just never went that well with the Jets, and he had several injuries while he was there. They always say New York is one of the toughest places to kick with the wind, so that could've had something to do with his lack of success as well, just glad we have him now.

[quote name='Nickslycat' timestamp='1317689413' post='1039968']
I'm just curious, why did the Jets cut Nugent? He was the best kicker if college, did he totally suck with the Jets. I think he was early first rounder, if I remember correctly. He just seems so good that why would a team give up on him?
[/quote]

he had a good first 3 years then got hurt. While he was out they picked up Jay Feely and decided to stick with him.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1317613990' post='1039498']
Did anyone else find it strange that they let the clock run down without trying to run a play or two to get Nugent closer? They had (I think) two timeouts left and a 42-yarder is no sure thing. Dalton and some of the other guys were hand-slapping and happy, as if there was no doubt he was going to make it. The whole scene made me very uneasy.
[/quote]
The confidence shown in Nugent on Sunday makes the no-kick in Denver even more frustrating.
As an OSU fan I have no doubt Nugent will hit every clutch field goal he attempts. I don't even get nervous when he steps up to kick.

Archived