Keith Rivers to IR?

[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy"]joereedy[/url]Joe Reedy

3. RT [url="http://twitter.com/#!/PATthaBarber"][s]@[/s][b]PATthaBarber[/b][/url]: [url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy"][s]@[/s][b]joereedy[/b][/url] What do ya think happens with Keith Rivers when he returns?>Wouldn't be surprised if he ends up on IR
[url="http://twitter.com/#!/joereedy/status/121269341256826882"]35 minutes ago[/url]

Yeah, saw that last night. Do we even know if Rivers is in town? I see Pacman at all of the games, supporting his teammates, and standing on the sideline. I don't know if Keith is there and I don't see him, or if he's sitting on a couch in California or something. It actually came up with a friend at the game on Sunday. He said we needed to dump all of the Mike Brown reclamation projects. I said in principle I agree the team should stop, but that I wanted to see how Pacman's whole thing played out. I have a hard time wrapping my head around the resisting arrest stuff, and he's been an awesome teammate on the sidelines of all of the games (not to mention how uber Bengal he was during the lockout workouts). Maybe I just have enough Mike Brown to want him to change, but I think he might actually be turning things around... Bugs me a bit the thug has been everything you could ask for in a PUP'd player, and Rivers is a ghost.

He's good against the run, can't cover for his life. He is a good guy to have for running downs.

He's kind of in Geathers territory, except he never had one huge season. He wraps up and take the ball carrier down. I think he has been timid ever since Hines broke his jaw. We have had awful luck in the LB'r department. Once we get a playmaker there, this defense won't just be #1, it will be feared kind of like Pittsburgh and Baltimore.

[quote name='nkywestside' timestamp='1317758126' post='1040249']
Lawson sucks. 7 tackles in 4 games awful. This pickup is garbage so far.
Wish Rivers could play Strong Side.
[/quote]

you can't just look at tackles stats and make that judgement. Lawson hasn't been blowing me away either, but he hasn't been garbage. If he was, this defense wouldn't be playing so well. It only takes one breakdown for it all to fall apart. Lawson hasn't been a playmaker, but he's not fucking up plays either.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317758680' post='1040256']

you can't just look at tackles stats and make that judgement. Lawson hasn't been blowing me away either, but he hasn't been garbage. If he was, this defense wouldn't be playing so well. It only takes one breakdown for it all to fall apart. Lawson hasn't been a playmaker, but he's not fucking up plays either.
[/quote]
We all know this 1181. It's a team game, we realize. A linebacker that's on the field the amount of plays he is and to only be in on 7 plays in 4 games is pedestrian. Would you not agree?

[quote name='nkywestside' timestamp='1317759800' post='1040274']
We all know this 1181. It's a team game, we realize. A linebacker that's on the field the amount of plays he is and to only be in on 7 plays in 4 games is pedestrian. Would you not agree?
[/quote]

depends on what the tape shows. It's premature to make the assumption just by tackle totals. Maybe teams are running to the other side, maybe other guys get there first. Who knows.

You can't tell just by stats. I remember 2-3 sacks last year that MJ would have had, but Dunlap just happened to get their first.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317760000' post='1040277']

depends on what the tape shows. It's premature to make the assumption just by tackle totals. Maybe teams are running to the other side, maybe other guys get there first. Who knows.

You can't tell just by stats. I remember 2-3 sacks last year that MJ would have had, but Dunlap just happened to get their first.
[/quote]
He was brought here to be a playmaker. Maybe Zimmers system isn't geared toward him making plays. But a blind man can be in on 7 tackles in 4 games with the reps he's had.

[quote name='nkywestside' timestamp='1317760364' post='1040287']
[b]He was brought here to be a playmaker. [/b] Maybe Zimmers system isn't geared toward him making plays. But a blind man can be in on 7 tackles in 4 games with the reps he's had.
[/quote]

he was? Did Marvin tell you this? That he wasn't brought in to be a solid contributor, but a star?

He's doing something right, no one's running around saying "look at that shitty play by Lawson."

I'm as big of a Rivers fan as anybody but if he can't play strong side I don't see a place for him. Howard is ok vs the run but his speed and coverage skills are starters quality. Lawson is on a one year deal so if Rivers is ir'd I'd look for Howard, Rey and Rivers as our starters next season I'm just hoping he's able to make it back this year. Reedy also said Rivers is in town and practicing on the side field so I would assume he's also in town on gamedays. If he isn't he's a douche for not supporting his teammates.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317760606' post='1040294']

he was? Did Marvin tell you this? That he wasn't brought in to be a solid contributor, but a star?

He's doing something right, no one's running around saying "look at that shitty play by Lawson."
[/quote]
Such an ass with your sly comments. Who said anything about being a star? But if you think it's ok for your starting SS linebacker to be a non-factor, have at it.
I much prefer to have someone else. What makes you think he's doing something right? Just because he's not being talked about doesn't mean he's doin his job.
But you're the smart guy right.

[quote name='nkywestside' timestamp='1317761300' post='1040307']
Such an ass with your sly comments. Who said anything about being a star? But if you think it's ok for your starting SS linebacker to be a non-factor, have at it.
I much prefer to have someone else. What makes you think he's doing something right? Just because he's not being talked about doesn't mean he's doin his job.
But you're the smart guy right.
[/quote]

touchy touchy.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1317761449' post='1040311']
I'm still waiting to see on Lawson. Reggie Nelson didnt look that great early last year either. I'm hoping its just a matter of not having to think about the defense/plays and simply reacting to it.
[/quote]

I agree. And the fact that with him the unit is still #1 says something about him not being too much of a liability.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1317761460' post='1040313']

touchy touchy.
[/quote]
You're a very good post on this board. Why you resort to comments such as above is pointless. You can make an argument without resorting to the innuendos.
I would think a smart man would realize.

Lawson sucks! i watched the niners and broncos games he missed a few tackles that he should of easily made. He gets blown off the line pretty easy too. He only plays about 33percent of the snaps because the bengals like using nickel defense. I cant wait for Moch to see what hes made of. Howard is easily the Bengals best linebacker so far. Rivers is overrated I cant remember the last big play hes made. i least we got one quality free agent this year.

Archived