Are we fucking batting practise?

VonBlade

Jesus wept. 5 HRs. Including a GS.

Why don't our pitches just put it on a fucking tee. Ridiculous. Fuck the problems with Dunn. Fuck the problems with Pena.

We. Badly. Need. Pitching.

Apologies for the relentless swearing, but this is just fucking embarassing.
VB

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 18 2005, 12:29 AM']Do we have the worse stadium in the MLB?
[right][post="104440"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

I love the stadium!

Let me guess...if it was raining soup you'd be left with a fork.

Negative , negative, negative.

Guest BengalsOwn

[quote name='sean' date='Jun 18 2005, 01:25 AM']I love the stadium!

Let me guess...if it was raining soup you'd be left with a fork.

Negative , negative, negative.
[right][post="104456"][/post][/right][/quote]

I was talking about when it comes to giving up HR's :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 18 2005, 12:29 AM']Do we have the worse stadium in the MLB?

No we have 3 of the worst starters in baseball.
- Paul Wilson (gave up 10 homeruns in the 9 games he pitched)
- Eric Milton (gave up 22 homeruns)
- Ramon Ortiz (gave up 14 homeruns)
+ The other minor leaguers that were up here: Ramirez, Belisle, Coffey, Valentine

lol Harang has giving up 6 homeruns and has pitched more innings that Milton or Ortiz.

Guest 34inXXIII
[quote name='BengalsOwn' date='Jun 17 2005, 11:29 PM']Do we have the worse stadium in the MLB?

I don't know if that's an accurate assessment or not, but I couldn't quite understand the reasoning behind signing a free agent pitcher in the offseason who is known to be prolific at giving up the gopher-ball when management knows the GAB is a homerun hitter's haven.

Guest BengalsOwn
I was listening to the post game show on 700 WLW, and the player on the opposing team said something like "I don't know how anyone can pitch in this park without giving up hr's."

That is definitely paraphrased, and from memory.

I think the problem is we haven't structured our team around our park. Bringing in Milton, a fly ball/HR pitcher, to pitch in this park was just stupid. I think our offense is well suited to GABP, but, particularly with the "pitch to contact" philosophy, we MUST have a sinker ball pitching staff.

The Cardinals of the early 80s were taylor made to then huge Busch Stadium. Lots of speed. Let's learn from that example.

Oh, and we need an owner who is a fan first and a businessman second!

Guest mongoloido

Reds need to clone Marvin and get him in there with a wrecking ball. Short of that, I have my doubts on any changes they make. :)

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 18 2005, 09:55 AM']You can polish a turd but at the end of the day it still stinks

Short of the whole organization crashing in the Andes this team is fucked
[right][post="104525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

well it depends, if you use some really strong smelling polish, and its has a sealing power, it may not stink.

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 18 2005, 10:55 AM']You can polish a turd but at the end of the day it still stinks

Short of the whole organization crashing in the Andes this team is fucked
[right][post="104525"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/24.gif[/img]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/41.gif[/img]

Archived