Sunday Ticket

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318711690' post='1045293']
Blacked out. Will the game be on Sunday Ticket in Chillicothe? If you have Sunday Ticket but you live in Cincinnati, do you guys still get it?

Thank you.
[/quote]

Yes. Chillicotheis 106 miles way from Cincinnati, the blacked out area is 75 miles.
No. All TVs in the 75 mile blacked out area are blacked out of the game, even with Sunday Ticket.

You're welcome.

[quote name='whodey24k' timestamp='1318713090' post='1045299']
I'm going to the game. I live 10 miles from the stadium, will they let me watch? Or give me blinders
[/quote]

If you show them your receipt for Sunday Ticket you should be ok.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318712234' post='1045295']

Yes. Chillicotheis 106 miles way from Cincinnati, the blacked out area is 75 miles.
No. All TVs in the 75 mile blacked out area are blacked out of the game, even with Sunday Ticket.

You're welcome.
[/quote]

sunday ticket should, but just as an fyi they may not carry it on local tv.

Pretty sure it was Tigris who noticed that last year. He lived more than 75 miles away, but the tv station carrying the game was within the 75 mile radius, and the game was blacked out for him.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1318712234' post='1045295']
[/quote]

wow! I did not know that if you lived in the Nati and had Sunday Ticket that you still couldn't watch the game. That is F'ing criminal! Really makes me question the NFL and who they are.

What about bars in Cincy? Do they have a way to get the game?

[quote name='BengalBeotch' timestamp='1318718272' post='1045305']
My dad lives in Lexington and they still blacked it out!!!
[/quote]

lexingon is about 80 miles from cincy, so i assume part of the lexingotn market is within the 75 mile bubble, thus is part of the blackout..
[quote name='Catfish Bob' timestamp='1318720783' post='1045309']

wow! I did not know that if you lived in the Nati and had Sunday Ticket that you still couldn't watch the game. That is F'ing criminal! Really makes me question the NFL and who they are.

[/quote]

no, bars are blacked out too,

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1318720086' post='1045307']

sunday ticket should, but just as an fyi they may not carry it on local tv.

Pretty sure it was Tigris who noticed that last year. He lived more than 75 miles away, but the tv station carrying the game was within the 75 mile radius, and the game was blacked out for him.
[/quote]

Yeah, you just basically have to go to your guide and see if they're playing your game. If Cincinnati was 5-0 I'd definitely get it, but since the fan count is so low right now, they figure to get better ratings with DET and SF... so they're playing that game. BW3's in Chillicothe has Sunday Ticket and they're out of the zone, so I guess they're supposed to have it. If for some reason they don't and I'm sitting there 20 minutes from a PC to watch, I'll be severely upset.

[quote name='Orange 'n Black' timestamp='1318725691' post='1045316']
hang on....

I don't have Sunday Ticket, but they really still black out the home market game? Is it not the point of buying the package that you get access to all games? Seems highly fishy to me. I would be highly pissed if I was a customer.
[/quote]

Sunday Ticket is best for people who live far away from their team and can't make the games but want to watch... just how the commercials depict.

I have Sunday Ticket in NC and I am in Ohio for the weekend and wont be able to watch the game. Ticket prices are too high for me to justify the expense right now. With the economy being shaky and a new born baby, I have a hard time throwing down $80 for an end zone seat.

Does anyone have any luck with the online links?

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1318729763' post='1045324']
I have Sunday Ticket in NC and I am in Ohio for the weekend and wont be able to watch the game. Ticket prices are too high for me to justify the expense right now. With the economy being shaky and a new born baby, I have a hard time throwing down $80 for an end zone seat.

Does anyone have any luck with the online links?
[/quote]

Find a house with TWC and you're good. The online links that the guys here are posting is amazingly great if you can't find it on TV.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318730823' post='1045328']
Find a house with TWC and you're good. The online links that the guys here are posting is amazingly great if you can't find it on TV.
[/quote]

You mean if they have TWC internet? Or is there a way to get the game local if you have TWC? I do have TWC cable and internet where I am staying.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318730823' post='1045328']
[/quote]

I wouldn't call them great, but it's better than nothing...

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1318723955' post='1045314'] Yeah, you just basically have to go to your guide and see if they're playing your game. If Cincinnati was 5-0 I'd definitely get it, but since the fan count is so low right now, they figure to get better ratings with DET and SF... so they're playing that game. BW3's in Chillicothe has Sunday Ticket and they're out of the zone, so I guess they're supposed to have it. If for some reason they don't and I'm sitting there 20 minutes from a PC to watch, I'll be severely upset.[/quote]I went to BW3's in Chillicothe and watced the Bills game so i am sure they will have the game this sunday, i am going back to watch this game.

You can get the games if you change your zip code. My father in law lives in the Dayton area and owns a condo in FL. They have a dish on on the deck at the condo takes his box when they spend the fall down there. He calls them and changes his zip code before they leave so they are not affected by the blackouts and can get local channels there. He has in the past "forgotten" to switch the zip code back and watched Bengals games that were blacked out from his home in the Dayton area.

[quote name='Catfish Bob' timestamp='1318720783' post='1045309']

[/quote]

Oh please. Stop. Does anyone realize the Indy 500 isn't televised in Indy? Despite drawing over 500k?

They best option as always is to go to the stadium. It's not criminal to not recognize a fans sense of entitlement.

What baffles me is some people spend a lot of time on these boards... are obvious bengals fans... live within driving distance of the stadium... and want to watch the home games on TV????? to go to a game it's a 16 hour flight for me... and I still make it to 1 or two games a year.... the rest of the time.... God Bless NFL Gamepass.... every game... every week : )

[quote name='Sigfox09' timestamp='1318731616' post='1045331']

You mean if they have TWC internet? Or is there a way to get the game local if you have TWC? I do have TWC cable and internet where I am staying.
[/quote]

I meant Internet connection so you can get it online. We watched the Buffalo game from the computer.

[quote name='cp2024' timestamp='1318736071' post='1045337']
I went to BW3's in Chillicothe and watced the Bills game so i am sure they will have the game this sunday, i am going back to watch this game.
[/quote]

I'll probably be wearing my Leon Hall jersey. We'll get there about a quarter till 1:00 or so. My buddy gets off work at 12:15.

[quote name='iwamas' timestamp='1318762257' post='1045352']
What baffles me is some people spend a lot of time on these boards... are obvious bengals fans... live within driving distance of the stadium... and want to watch the home games on TV????? to go to a game it's a 16 hour flight for me... and I still make it to 1 or two games a year.... the rest of the time.... God Bless NFL Gamepass.... every game... every week : )
[/quote]

If I went to the stadium:

$15 gas, $60 ticket, $15 parking, $20 food (and I'll not even eat at the stadium). Total: $110 at least. I leave at 11:00ish and don't get back till 5:30ish.

Not going to the stadium:

$5 gas, $20 food. Leave after nook and get home 20 minutes after the game ends. Total: $25 at most.

If I'm home:

Whatever food I eat that will equate to a few dollars.

Money, conveniency, time.

[quote name='iwamas' timestamp='1318762257' post='1045352']
[/quote]

True dat!

Archived