Time for Dunn to go

Guest BengalBacker

Guest BengalBacker
I don't totally disagree with him, but his attitude combined with his talk of wanting to play for Houston, plus we might actually get something for him tells me it's time to trade him. The way he acted about getting his chair taken away. It's just time for him to go. I still think Kearns will be very good. Trade Dunn for pitching and bring Kearns back and play him every day.

DDN

Dunn unhappy

Adam Dunn was given another day off Friday, and he was about as happy as he was for his last day off June 3 in Colorado. That time, he didn't complain because he wasn't hitting well.

Now he is vocal about it after hitting a 455-foot homer Thursday.

"I don't know why I'm off," he said. "And, of course, they didn't tell me Thursday — that would be too easy, they waited until today (Friday) when my mom and dad are here for the games.

"I found something working with Chris Chambliss in the batting cage Thursday," Dunn added. "That's the way it usually happens for me. Something snaps into place and I say, 'Oh, yeah, that's it,' then I'm able to take it into batting practice and into games."

Asked what would have happened if he had hit a 500-foot homer, Dunn said, "I probably would have gotten two days off."

Kearns unhappy

Dunn and Austin Kearns have talked often via cellphone since Kearns was demoted last week to Class AAA Louisville. Dunn misses his friend and lockermate.

"I hate it without him," Dunn said. "All they're doing is seeing if they can break his confidence, then they'll want him to start from scratch. He is finally fed up and said he is just waiting to see what happens, knowing if they don't want him, he can go somewhere else and play every day — like Atlanta, Washington, the Chicago Cubs.

"When that happens, I know what will happen ... he'll hit .325 with 20 homers and 100 RBIs."

I'm sorry Dunn, I like you, but if this article is valid, then it's time for you to go. Your complaints about management and the treatment of your precious chair publicly exposed your lack of desire to continue to play for the Reds.

I'd swap him to the Braves for Rietsma back straight-up, no money.....

Sorry to burst your bubble Kearns but if you cant crack this lineup you can forget the rest of the league!

And they might as well trade Dunn while he still has some value but I wouldn't trade him to Houston I would trade him to one of these places so we could still hear him cry

Milwaukee
Pittsburgh
Tampa
Colorado
Kansas City

[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 18 2005, 06:35 PM']Getting rid of Dunn & Kearns isnt going to help the Reds when they are ran by a bunch of retards.
[right][post="104615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
Exactly.

The Reds have become a mirror image of the Bengals organization of the 90's and early 2000's. From a pure PR standpoint, they can't do much right. Their handling of Larkin, Graves, Kearns, etc all seem to backfire.

Dunn is a guy that has some good stats and some very poor stats. 17 dingers and 34 rbi's - what? Strikeout, walk, or homer, that is pretty much it for him. He is one of the last guys that I want up when we really need an RBI. His whining - he say's he isn't moaning is wearing thin. He say's it is just frustration with losing - hey he isas big a reason for that as anyone.

I'd ship him out for a good offer, Gullett would be gone, Miley would be gone and I'd give O'Brien one more year to right the ship (if there is such a thing these days with the Reds). I'd go after Jim Leyland. I think Randa is gone and Encarcion comes up to play third. Aurelia is gone too by the deadline. The Reds are stuck with Milton for the rest of this year and next year. I think his contract calls for a mutual player club option for the third year. At this point, I hope that my memory serves me correctly when they first signed him. It's a shame that they didn't do a contract that said that option existed after a few starts this year.

Bottom Line- The Reds are a mess and I don't see a solution in the near future. My son told me a rumor he had heard, that Ron Oester has talked with the club about the Managerial job there. He'd be a good fit, I think.

The first to go would be Don Gullett though, he has had a free pass for long enough. If the pitcher pitches well, it's because of Gullett, if they pitch badly, the supporters of Gullette chime in that he can only do so much with what he is given. He has some record of reclaimation projects, but that has been sometime ago. He's got to go.

[u][b]My plan to fix the team [/b][/u] (just to finish somewhat respectably)
- for the love of God fire Miley <_<
- fire Gullett and Chambliss
- trade Dunn for young pitching
- trade Randa for young pitching
- trade Aurillia for a whistle
- keep Kearns in AAA until he gets his head out of his arse, and make him cut his hair (he was alot better with short hair)
- demote Milton to bullpen, and punch him in the face for ever HR he gives up
- make David Weathers the closer and stick with it
- bring up Edwin Encarnacion to play third
- stop putting Rich f*cking Aurillia in for Felipe Lopez :angry2:
- demote Luis Lopez and bring up William Bergolla
- for every strike out a player has, an hour of batting practice on their day off
- get Josh Hancock back and healthy ASAP
- pray to God that Elizardo Ramirez and Anderson Machado can contribute next year :D

C- Larue
1B - Casey
2B - Bergolla
3B - Encarnacion
SS - F. Lopez
LF - Freel
CF - Griffey
RF - Pena

[u][b]Starting pitchers[/b][/u]
Harang
Claussen
Hudson
Ortiz :angry2:
Kiesler :(

Guest BlackJesus
[color="red"][b]Would it be fair to say that his time here is [/b]

[i]Dunn ........[/color][/i]

[img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/32.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/30.gif[/img]

[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 18 2005, 06:35 PM']Getting rid of Dunn & Kearns isnt going to help the Reds when they are ran by a bunch of retards.
[right][post="104615"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Bingo.

Their two top prospects of several years ago, now have turned against them. The Reds are far away from even being considered a baseball team.

BTW: I love your avatar AkiliMVP.

[quote name='akiliMVP' date='Jun 19 2005, 09:39 PM'][u][b]My plan to fix the team [/b][/u] (just to finish somewhat respectably)
- for the love of God fire Miley  <_<
- fire Gullett and Chambliss
- trade Dunn for young pitching
- trade Randa for young pitching
- trade Aurillia for a whistle
- keep Kearns in AAA until he gets his head out of his arse, and make him cut his hair (he was alot better with short hair)
- demote Milton to bullpen, and punch him in the face for ever HR he gives up
- make David Weathers the closer and stick with it
- bring up Edwin Encarnacion to play third
- stop putting Rich f*cking Aurillia in for Felipe Lopez  :angry2:
- demote Luis Lopez and bring up William Bergolla
- for every strike out a player has, an hour of batting practice on their day off
- get Josh Hancock back and healthy ASAP
- pray to God that Elizardo Ramirez and Anderson Machado can contribute next year  :D

C- Larue
1B - Casey
2B - Bergolla
3B - Encarnacion
SS - F. Lopez
LF - Freel
CF - Griffey
RF - Pena

[u][b]Starting pitchers[/b][/u]
Harang
Claussen
Hudson
Ortiz  :angry2:
Kiesler  :(
[right][post="104903"][/post][/right][/quote]

[quote]demote Milton to bullpen, and punch him in the face for ever HR he gives up[/quote] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img] [img]http://forum.go-bengals.com/public/style_emoticons//24.gif[/img]

Pretty good plan except that I would replace Larue with a cardboard cutout! That guy stinks!

Archived