THE CARSON PALMER THREAD (post everything about the quitter here)

oldschooler

If wonder if people here would hate their colleagues if they quit the company they work at. (I hope that makes sense, English majors, please fix this sentence.)

I still like people that have quit where I work at. People still like me at places I have quit.

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319140687' post='1049220']
If wonder if people here would hate their colleagues if they quit the company they work at. (I hope that makes sense, English majors, please fix this sentence.)

I still like people that have quit where I work at. People still like me at places I have quit.
[/quote]

Teams are different. Especially if you play a position that the entire team depends upon.

Shit shouldn't be that hard to understand. I'm guessing you've never played sports past grade school.....

Carson quit on his teammates. I will never root for him again, and you can look at my old posts, I was a staunch Palmer supporter thru everything. But you just can't quit on your team. Don't hate him, just don't respect him. You can not say you're a leader of men, and then desert those same men. For those of you that don't see it that way, fine, I do. My favorite team this week will be the Chiefs!!

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1319141322' post='1049226']
Carson quit on his teammates. I will never root for him again, and you can look at my old posts, I was a staunch Palmer supporter thru everything. But you just can't quit on your team. Don't hate him, just don't respect him. You can not say you're a leader of men, and then desert those same men. For those of you that don't see it that way, fine, I do. My favorite team this week will be the Chiefs!!
[/quote]

I'm pretty much in that camp - I wanted to get value out of him or he could go spin, Now that I have, he's just another QB. Since I really dislike the Chargers, I kind of want the Raiders to beat them out.

I have no ill will in retrospect with Carson. He was right in saying both the Bengals and he could benefit with him moving on. He is definitely correct on that point. In terms of rooting for or against Carson, I would normally care less. But given his performance will directly impact the Bengals I will pay attention. Hopefully he sucks this year and is great next while losing to the Bengals in the AFCCG......

[quote name='Phatcat' timestamp='1319143295' post='1049248']
I have no ill will in retrospect with Carson. He was right in saying both the Bengals and he could benefit with him moving on. He is definitely correct on that point. In terms of rooting for or against Carson, I would normally care less. But given his performance will directly impact the Bengals I will pay attention. [color=#ff0000]Hopefully he sucks this year and is great next while losing to the Bengals in the AFCCG......[/color]
[/quote]

I havent read every post about it, but I thought they had to get to the AFCCG this year for us to get that extra first?

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1319143431' post='1049249']

I havent read every post about it, but I thought they had to get to the AFCCG this year for us to get that extra first?
[/quote]
I thought I read it included both years.... May be wrong though.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1319143431' post='1049249']

[/quote]

That was my understanding of the terms also.

It's very likely we are getting a mid 1st this year and then a mid 2nd next year.

Its fun to think of the better possibilities, but that's the reality and I'm happy with that haul.

[/quote]

The discussion isn't about how his former teammates feel about him, it's about how fans feel about him. The emotional aspect of sports is in no way comparable to any other business or company.

[quote name='Bleeds Orange' timestamp='1319167526' post='1049372']

The discussion isn't about how his former teammates feel about him, it's about how fans feel about him. The emotional aspect of sports is in no way comparable to any other business or company.
[/quote]

That's a dumb argument because lots of resentment for Palmer here come from how he quit on his teammates.

If your statement was true, everyone should feel indifferent to Palmer, not this scorned lover hate that riddles this forum.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1319111502' post='1049015'] So you’ll need DirecTV’s NFL Sunday Ticket to see the game.
[/quote]

..or a halfway decent internet connection. They need to figure out what the major music labels finally learned; their distribution model is obsolete. They can't enforce the blackout rules and Sunday Ticket, while still subject to them, is overpriced. The viewers want to see this game, yet the NFL and CBS can't get it done and therefore will lose ratings. If I'm Les Vann or this unnamed "CBS executive" I'd be taking a hard look at how I'm going to keep my business relevant in the future.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1319175765' post='1049390']
Can you guys stop being dicks with the scorned lover comments?

Please?
[/quote]

That's an easy fix, stop with the dick head comments about Carson. He was a good player for the Bengals.

[/quote]

But do you want to go where they work and watch them? This is embarrassing that locals are trying to get Palmer's game televised. Who cares? I'll just check the stats to see how many Pick-6s he throws. And I'm sure I'll get to see them plenty on Sports Center.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1319182440' post='1049399']
Do you guys think he'll actually start this week? I doubt it.
MULLY
[/quote]

This is why...
[quote]

Oakland Raiders offensive coordinator Al Saunders told Bob Fescoe of 610 Sports this morning (Wednesday) that Carson Palmer would play this weekend against the Chiefs "if he's breathing"[/quote]

[quote name='sois' timestamp='1319167707' post='1049375']

That's a dumb argument because lots of resentment for Palmer here come from how he quit on his teammates.

If your statement was true, everyone should feel indifferent to Palmer, not this scorned lover hate that riddles this forum.
[/quote]

...and the ONLY reason people care that he quit on his teammates is because of the emotional investment they have in this team and this franchise. That emotional investment doesn't exist toward your business or company from the general public or to anyone outside the enterprise, really. Do you think anyone on this board gives a shit that some lacrosse player at some small, obscure college in Rhode Island quits on his teammates? Does anyone outside of P&G care that an upper manager walks out and leaves his department in a bind? No. They only care in this situation because he was spitting on the franchise that so many here have a lifelong emotional investment in. With all due respect, yours is the dumb analogy.

[quote name='Hooky' timestamp='1319199673' post='1049420']

But do you want to go where they work and watch them? This is embarrassing that locals are trying to get Palmer's game televised. Who cares? [b]I'll just check the stats to see how many Pick-6s he throws.[/b] And I'm sure I'll get to see them plenty on Sports Center.
[/quote]

What's so wrong with a little curiosity? He was the Bengals QB for a long time. I would ask a former colleague how their new company was on the first day, the interest will fade fast though.

That bold part, that is a scorned lover comment. See BengalBacker?

Archived