Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Tigris

Bro. Holy shit. I live in Clifton, and there's one Gamestop on Calhoun st, and I didn't expect there to be that many people there. I mean, when MW3 had its midnight release, the line stretched back like a half mile back past the hookah place. I just drove by that day, because that shit was ridiculous. There was a line almost that long. Going back towards....I dunno. By where the shell is. Probably a little further by Panera. It was fucking nuts. Just got home 10 minutes ago. Warming up. Cold as shit. Bout to fire this bad boy UP!

I can't stay up. I had something happen at work last night and i had to come in here early today. There was no way I was going to drag ass all day in here and then pass out and not play tonight. My copy is already paid and waiting.... I'll grab it around 2:00-3:00 today. How has it been thus far?

lol. Its crazy just how much depth there is to this game. I have like...under my miscellaneous quests, 10 right now. And then 10 more other side quests not under miscellaneous. I've only been 3 three cities, and only really explored 2 of them. I just finished one quest that took 2 hours and was sick as fuck and ended up getting a pretty badass two handed sword. it all started by me randomly deciding to read a book on a table in the castle in Solitude. It was about a king from the older times who decided not to give in to enemy forces telling him to agree to be under them, and was thrown out by his people who gave in to them. He eventually gathered people up and were fighting and what not and blah blah blah made a deal with a hagraven and turned into a crazy badass. Pretty much, he had a sword that he presented to his people right before his death, and it opened up a quest for me to go and find it.

This was a miscellaneous quest. It took 2 hours. I got a badass sword and a bunch of other stuff. Fucking. Awesome.

I explored Whiterun pretty good. Nothing major as in quests there (except for the one for jarl, the king guy). That quest was great btw. You got to fight a dragon. He was actually pretty easy but I'll admit, I stayed hidden in a broken down deep most the time. Anyway, whiterun is cool. There's a division of class there between high and low classes. I didn't get much into it.

I went up to a "college" in the NE. Forget the places name up there. It was a mages college. I JUST started it. You go
To classes and they teach you spells. The city is supposed to be all tore up (I didn't explore much, plus it was dark) except for the college. That's as far as I got. I'm a level 5.

Oh yeah. And the start constellation (sp) system is bad ass. I'm nervous about using my perk pts. I don't want to decide something else is better later.

I like how u can use anything onthe game. Heck u can hunt all the time for your money and sell or make stuff out of the pelts. You could do it for all your money. Im guessing you could
Mine somehow.

Anyone see the place where u can cut up wood logs? It that a job? I did one and left. Wasn't too exciting. I ain't no bitch. I'll steal your shit when you're sleeping!!!

I'm loving the game so far, but the fucking mountains everywhere get old quick. Bethesda needed to make it easier to scale these mountains, instead of repeating tapping "jump" and moving left to right hoping that you'll catch and go higher.

I'm probably 8 hours in, and still haven't figured out exactly what's going on, just doing a lot of exploring and side quests.

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1321421591' post='1062939']
Yeah. It is fucking tough, man. Got work and school to deal with. Fuckin game tryin to fuck it all up for me lol.
[/quote]

Try work, school, baby, wife

I look like a zombie this week. And I think school over the last few weeks has broken me...July needs to get here ASAP so I can finally be done with this damn degree.

I think I'm going to pick this up. I was a big fan of the GTA series where you could roam around. I'm getting tired of shitty FPS and dunno if I want to go out and get Madden. Is it worth the money?

Edit. Stupid question. People are raving about it. Maybe rent it first then go from there.

[quote name='BengalsOwn' timestamp='1321482807' post='1063173']

Try work, school, baby, wife

I look like a zombie this week. And I think school over the last few weeks has broken me...July needs to get here ASAP so I can finally be done with this damn degree.
[/quote]
Something would have to give. I'd probably end up getting a divorce :ninja:

And....yeah. The questline for the College of Winterhold kicks fucking ass so far. Haven't even really started with the Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood yet. I've put almost 50 hours into this game so far, too. I was doing a mission in a southern town. I believe Windhelm. And I stopped by the inn to do something. I approached this dude in there for whatever reason, and he challenged me to a drinking contest. I won, duh, but...dude passed out. I woke up on the other side of the fucking map in a temple in Rorikstead. The lady there was pissed at me and said I was acting a fucking fool the night before. The quest is called "A Night to Remember." Trying to piece that shit together.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1321494026' post='1063213']
I think I'm going to pick this up. I was a big fan of the GTA series where you could roam around. I'm getting tired of shitty FPS and dunno if I want to go out and get Madden. Is it worth the money?
[/quote]
Well it is absolutely nothing like GTA. It's a HUGE RPG. Most of your actions have consequences, and there is so much goddamn content in this game. I suggest you watch some video or a review. Check it out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1GUi8rNQk

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1321494306' post='1063215']
Well it is absolutely nothing like GTA. It's a HUGE RPG. Most of your actions have consequences, and there is so much goddamn content in this game. I suggest you watch some video or a review. Check it out

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bH1GUi8rNQk[/media]
[/quote]
Yeah..I was completely off-base. I've always kind of wanted a game in this format. I'll have to check the local gamestop to see if I can get a used one.

Word of advice:

Before you go to Markarth, be careful of what quest you do. Supposedly there's a bug where you can't finish a quest. I know nothing about it for I've only been there once just to see it. My friend said hw spent hours on a quest and he couldn't finish it. He looked it up online and it's supposed to be bugged.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1321499093' post='1063231']
Word of advice:

Before you go to Markarth, be careful of what quest you do. Supposedly there's a bug where you can't finish a quest. I know nothing about it for I've only been there once just to see it. My friend said hw spent hours on a quest and he couldn't finish it. He looked it up online and it's supposed to be bugged.
[/quote]
Shit, only time I've been to Markarth so far is for a Dark Brotherhood quest. And I've put in almost 60 hours. lol. still haven't seen like 2 cities. goddamn

[quote name='B.A.B.' timestamp='1321846808' post='1065855']
Shit, only time I've been to Markarth so far is for a Dark Brotherhood quest. And I've put in almost 60 hours. lol. still haven't seen like 2 cities. goddamn
[/quote]

I had a big project, class, and then spent the weekend down in Tennessee.

I haven't played since Tuesday :frantics:

Can't wait for my 4 day weekend at home this week...

Archived