Elder Scrolls: Skyrim

Tigris

Skyrim is awesome its the next generation of gaming the graphics are amazing as well as the presentation. I have put a 100 hours in just started the main quest and finished some side quests. I cant wait for the DLC!!!

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1328450963' post='1094134']
Steam?

I just started to put some time in on the main mission this weekend. It's actually pretty good. Sometimes I thought there was too much background information for it though. [b]Purtharmaxx or whatever his name is... took forever to talk to!![/b]
[/quote]

That's an understatement.

********* SPOILER ALERT********************

Well, I finally got bored with side-quests and went ahead and did the final battle with Alduin. I have to say, I'm pretty let down by it. The leadup to the battle was OK, but the battle itself didn't feel any different than fighting a regular dragon. I used a very basic hack and slash technique, and my health literally never dropped below 3/4 (and I'm probably being generous with that estimate). Using a potion or healing spell never even entered my thought process.

[quote name='PutWittyNameHere' timestamp='1328713323' post='1094718']
********* SPOILER ALERT********************

Well, I finally got bored with side-quests and went ahead and did the final battle with Alduin. I have to say, I'm pretty let down by it. The leadup to the battle was OK, but the battle itself didn't feel any different than fighting a regular dragon. I used a very basic hack and slash technique, and my health literally never dropped below 3/4 (and I'm probably being generous with that estimate). Using a potion or healing spell never even entered my thought process.
[/quote]
I've never played the past games, but it was kind of just like playing a regular dragon. I stood there with my healing spell being casted, used my dragonend shout and smashed him with my mace of majong-bal.

Have you tried the daedric side quests? So far they have been great. The black star is great for enchanting purposes. It fills with grand soul when you kill someone that has been been hit with the spell that collects the soul. Saves a ton of money and time.

I've kept the skeleton key I got too. Until I get my lockpicking up to 100, that thing is great.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1328730221' post='1094755']
I've never played the past games, but it was kind of just like playing a regular dragon. I stood there with my healing spell being casted, used my dragonend shout and smashed him with my mace of majong-bal.

Have you tried the daedric side quests? So far they have been great. The black star is great for enchanting purposes. It fills with grand soul when you kill someone that has been been hit with the spell that collects the soul. Saves a ton of money and time.

I've kept the skeleton key I got too. Until I get my lockpicking up to 100, that thing is great.
[/quote]

Yeah, I finished the daedric quests. The star was nice, but I had so many soul gems that I didn't really even need it. My sword automatically fills soul gems, I always seemed to find Grand soul gems everywhere. I had so many that I had to offload a big pile into the chest at my house to save some weight.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1328735597' post='1094776']Did you power up your ebony blade? I can't figure out how to do it. I heard it sucks, and I don't plan on using it, but I just can't figure out how to power it.[/quote]

I honestly don't even remember having an ebony blade. I probably sold it as soon as I got it. I haven't found any weapons even close to my Daedric Sword, so I skipped over a ton of unique weapons.

I'm a 100 in archery. I'm probably a 30 in one handed... I'm gonna switch to Daedric armor and one or two handed as soon as I jump back on.

Since I've beat every guild and every major quest that I know of/can find, I'm thinking about killing every character in Skyrim possible.

• 2 months later...
So it looks like the new DLC is going to make it on online version. Should be neat. I'm excited. I haven't played much with everything I have going on, but gues I need to start powering my guy up to kick ass online.

This is what I was told the other day... there's like 3 DLCs coming out within the next year and a half or so. The first couple are normal DLCs but they're big ones... the third one is supposed to be for online play. I bet they the first two are about $30 each and the online... well, I really have no idea. I haven't played Skyrim in over 2 months. I went on a rampage and completed so many quests and cleared out every cave, dungeon, fort I could find. I've ran around in the middle of no where looking for anything random... basically I've traveled to every spec that looked difficult to get to. I'm sure there are places I missed but it doesn't feel like it.

One thing I found VERY interesting. I was in the NE somewhere past Windhelm and I found a secret passage (which was really an exit) so some random dungeon (just stumbled across it messing around). It let me enter and I went down this spiral staircase and there was a Nord King or whatever they're called sitting in a throne down there BUT he was on the other side of a locked gate. I killed him but the gate couldn't be unlocked from my side. I jumped out of the area and searched the countryside through the snow and couldn't find any entrance to where that would lead. I definitely hadn't cleared the place because that dude was down there, but I could not figure out where I had to go. It was where you could see where the water was going out into the ocean... kind of on a little hill or cliff.

Anyone else find/experience anything completely random like that?

I remember in Oblivion there was Fin Gleam... one of the best helmets you could find sitting in the water off the coast of Anvil. It was cool... haven't found anything super cool like that in Skyrim yet. Someone said something about stuff being located on the bottom of the lake near (SE town, can't remember name, Thieve's Guild place)....... RIFTEN! I searched and searched the bottom of that thing but I don't remember anything special.

Blackreach I think it's called... probably the coolest place I have found in Skyrim. I heard there is a dragon down there but I never saw one and I cleared that entire place I thought.

All I know is that I don't have enough time to play this game properly, and when I do, I, my family, my sleep and my job all suffer. I LOVE THIS GAME! To hell with multiplayer. I could give a shit less. I live for singleplayer games like this in an online, mulitplayer Universe that generally ignores what I like. BRAVO, Bethesda!! Keep it up!

I've been wanting to find these guys again and was wondering if you guys might no where it was.

It was the main dragon story line and you had to fight some guy to cross a dragon bridge. It was sweet. I want to go back to this place but I cannot find it for the life of me.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1336803508' post='1130336']
I've been wanting to find these guys again and was wondering if you guys might no where it was.

It was the main dragon story line and you had to fight some guy to cross a dragon bridge. It was sweet. I want to go back to this place but I cannot find it for the life of me.
[/quote]

Dragonsearch? or maybe not... I'm not talking about the place atop the hill in whiterun.

there was another dragon bridge type deal south of Solitaire I believe down there somewhere. Dragonrun? Dragonsearch? Something like that. It lead to a group of like 4-5 houses/buildings. If you're talking about the bridge made of actual dragon bones, that's the last mission in the main quest; nothing to do there but kill the last dragon I believe... it was the place that had all the fog.

[quote name='Tigris' timestamp='1336853540' post='1130393']
Dragonsearch? or maybe not... I'm not talking about the place atop the hill in whiterun.

there was another dragon bridge type deal south of Solitaire I believe down there somewhere. Dragonrun? Dragonsearch? Something like that. It lead to a group of like 4-5 houses/buildings. If you're talking about the bridge made of actual dragon bones, that's the last mission in the main quest; nothing to do there but kill the last dragon I believe... it was the place that had all the fog.
[/quote]
Yeah the last mission was the one I was thinking of. That place was huge. Wish I could get some extra quests there.

Archived