Happy Father's Day

bengaldee

Why Dad?

Why did me, my brother and mother take buses and taxi's to the grocery while you drove a Lincoln?
Why when you were a star basketball player in high school did I dribble with 2 hands on my first basketball team?
Why did we have to eat bologni sammiches and a lot of beans while you hung out at exclusive restaurants?
Why did I throw like a girl on my first baseball team when you were a star baseball player in high school?
Why did you drag us into bars on school nights staying til the early morning hours?
Why did we have to have a burr haircut before they were cool?
Why did we have to go to a Catholic School and Church and you never went to church?
Of all your good genes (Charm, Good looks, Athletic ability, Luck, Dancing,) why did I inherit your bad genes (Gambling, Sarcasm, Alcoholism)?
Why when I made 2 interception in the only game you ever attended did you critisize me for not taking them for TD's?
Why did you spend more money on boats than for our home?
Why on the night you passed away were you at another womans house and not with mom?
When you passed away why did you have more money in your pocket than you left in life insurance?

Regardless of all the why's I still loved and respected my father and miss him to this day. Looking back I would never change anything, my upbringing may be the best thing that ever happened to my children, I've always made certain that they were fed well, clothed well, and have had a father that was there at every moment of their lives

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 19 2005, 12:23 PM']Why Dad?

Why did me, my brother and mother take buses and taxi's to the grocery while you drove a Lincoln? 
Why when you were a star basketball player in high school did I dribble with 2 hands on my first basketball team? 
Why did we have to eat bologni sammiches and a lot of beans while you hung out at exclusive restaurants?
Why did I throw like a girl on my first baseball team when you were a star baseball player in high school?
Why did you drag us into bars on school nights staying til the early morning hours?
Why did we have to have a burr haircut before they were cool?
Why did we have to go to a Catholic School and Church and you never went to church?
Of all your good genes (Charm, Good looks, Athletic ability, Luck, Dancing,) why did I inherit your bad genes (Gambling, Sarcasm, Alcoholism)?
Why when I made 2 interception in the only game you ever attended did you critisize me for not taking them for TD's?
Why did you spend more money on boats than for our home?
Why on the night you passed away were you at another womans house and not with mom?
When you passed away why did you have more money in your pocket than you left in life insurance?

Regardless of all the why's I still loved and respected my father and miss him to this day.  Looking back I would never change anything, my upbringing may be the best thing that ever happened to my children, I've always made certain that they were fed well, clothed well, and have had a father that was there at every moment of their lives
[right][post="104867"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]
That is really sad but at least you've learned from it...HAPPY FATHER'S DAY EVERYONE!

Archived