Ha-ang on sloopy sloopy hang on O! H! I! O!

Jason

I went to a Haunted Forrest, Hay-Ride, Corn Mazin near Madison last night.
When I was in the Maze some dude wearing a Badgers sweatshirt noticed
my Buckeyes hoody. He said "Oh no, really?" I was like "You know it."
He said "By the way, they're losing 7-3 at the Half." And I said "Enjoy it
while it lasts!" And he laughed and we parted ways. By the time I made it
to my girlfriend's sister's house near Madison, there was about 5 minutes left
and the Buckeyes had just scored and were going for 2.

Needless to say, I was on a rollercoaster from that point on. And obviously witnessed
the best part of the game. Still can't believe 4 TDs were scored in about 5 minutes.

And if Ohio State wins out, they have a great chance of playing in the Big 10 Championship game.
How crazy is that?

Still would like to see Urban Meyer replace Fickell, regardless.

GO BUCKS!

That game showed more about Wisconsin and the Big Ten then Ohio State. There is not one great team in the league, I am not sure that the league has one good out of conference win. OSU's defense played pretty well but I think Wisconsin was just bad. The Bucks are certainly much smarter about what they are doing and are not trying deep balls. To say they found a QB is a bit presumptious as well. The guy completed 7 passes and that last pass, while smart, was about as ugly as possible. He does not throw a pretty ball.

Great game though, fun to watch, I loved the heartbreak on the horrible buckeye fans faces when they went down and wished it could have stayed that way.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319984453' post='1052452']
That game showed more about Wisconsin and the Big Ten then Ohio State. There is not one great team in the league, I am not sure that the league has one good out of conference win. OSU's defense played pretty well but I think Wisconsin was just bad. The Bucks are certainly much smarter about what they are doing and are not trying deep balls. [b]To say they found a QB is a bit presumptious as well.[/b] The guy completed 7 passes and that last pass, while smart, was about as ugly as possible. He does not throw a pretty ball.

Great game though, fun to watch, I loved the heartbreak on the horrible buckeye fans faces when they went down and wished it could have stayed that way.
[/quote]

Braxton was the #2 QB recruit in the nation. I don't think it's all that presumtious. He's way ahead of Pryor as a passer at the same point.

I dont remember Pryor ever throwing that awful of a looking ball. It could be revisionist hx on my part but Miller throws ducks.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1319984512' post='1052453']
As long as Bollman get's replaced, I'd be ok with Luke.
[/quote]

I think that is what will happen and I don't think Fickell is ready.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319985910' post='1052470']
I dont remember Pryor ever throwing that awful of a looking ball. It could be revisionist hx on my part but Miller throws ducks.

I think that is what will happen and I don't think Fickell is ready.
[/quote]

Miller has smallish hands, so he won't always throw a great spiral. But his passing mechanics are ahead of Pryor.

I think the only way Urban is not the head coach is if OSU gets hit with bigger sanctions than expected right now. I'm hearing that it's all but a done deal and the OSU BoT is already talking salary numbers.

And given the circumstances Fickell has had to deal with he hasn't done a bad job at all.

last night was by far the best Miller has looked as a passer.

The Big Ten doesn't have an elite team this year, but I think its a very balanced league this year. There's not much that separates the foursome of wisconsin/michiganstate/nebraska/ohio state. Michigan and Penn State are still wild cards as they've mostly played the bottom feeders of the conference.

IMO this is as deep as the Big Ten's been in awhile. Look forward to seeing how bowl season shakes out.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319985910' post='1052470']
I dont remember Pryor ever throwing that awful of a looking ball.
[/quote]

Then you weren't paying attention.

Plus you hate OSU so your opinion on anything regarding this team is suspect at best...

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1319990495' post='1052496']

Plus you hate OSU so your opinion on anything regarding this team is suspect at best...
[/quote]

With regards to Miller vs. Pryor, Pryor is considered the better runner, Miller is considered the better passer.

I'd say that Pryor is the more dangerous runner, but IMO Miller has been the more decisive runner early in their careers IMO. As a freshman, and even still as a junior Pryor tried to do too many jukes and jives IMO to make people miss. Miller just takes off.

I think Miller has more of an "IT" factor then Pryor did. He seems to be a much quicker learner in terms of realizing he can just do little things to win the game. Pryor had a cannon and did not throw too many ducks. He threw lots of bad balls in terms of "what were you thinking throwing there" but they got there quickly.

I think its hilarious that you put OSU with that top group of teams but keep Michigan and Penn State out. The Big ten is down again. They have about 6 decent teams but no real good teams. OSU is on the back end of those decent teams. They just are not very good. They are really smart and that keeps them in games against bad teams. You wont beat a good team completing 7 passes.

In regards to Meyer I dont know anything either way but I doubt he comes this year. I don't think it makes much sense for him. A couple years down the road maybe but this is his first year off, why would you leave sunny Florida for OSU and all the headaches that go with it. Now if he needed a rest I think it makes sense but I dont think one year is that rest.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1319990495' post='1052496']

[/quote]

My hatred does not cloud my judgment.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319998224' post='1052556']why would you leave sunny Florida for OSU and all the headaches that go with it.[/quote]
Like it or not, OSU is his dream job. And there aren't as many 'headaches' as some would let you believe. It is an optimal location for him to maintain his tier one coaching reputation and to try to build something new. My only trepidation comes from the possibility of him implementing a spread offense, which would be disastrous.

[quote name='Nati Ice' timestamp='1319998694' post='1052568']
Like it or not, OSU is his dream job. And there aren't as many 'headaches' as some would let you believe. It is an optimal location for him to maintain his tier one coaching reputation and to try to build something new. My only trepidation comes from the possibility of him implementing a spread offense, which would be disastrous.
[/quote]

I have heard it was his dream job but only from people who want it to be his dream job....I have not seen him say it. Not saying he has or has not but I think that the people that I talk to tend to really want him here so they make stuff up.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319998224' post='1052556']
I think Miller has more of an "IT" factor then Pryor did. He seems to be a much quicker learner in terms of realizing he can just do little things to win the game. Pryor had a cannon and did not throw too many ducks. He threw lots of bad balls in terms of "what were you thinking throwing there" but they got there quickly.

I think its hilarious that you put OSU with that top group of teams but keep Michigan and Penn State out. The Big ten is down again. They have about 6 decent teams but no real good teams. OSU is on the back end of those decent teams. They just are not very good. They are really smart and that keeps them in games against bad teams. You wont beat a good team completing 7 passes.

In regards to Meyer I dont know anything either way but I doubt he comes this year. I don't think it makes much sense for him. A couple years down the road maybe but this is his first year off, why would you leave sunny Florida for OSU and all the headaches that go with it. Now if he needed a rest I think it makes sense but I dont think one year is that rest.

My hatred does not cloud my judgment.
[/quote]

I didn't keep Michigan and PSU out. I said they are unknowns. PSU hasn't played any of those 4, or Michigan yet. It's unknown how good they are compared to the rest of the Big Ten. Michigan has only played Michigan State, and lost handedly.

The 4 I referenced have all mostly played each other, and all have been tight games. Hence the point.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1319998962' post='1052580']

I didn't keep Michigan and PSU out. I said they are unknowns. PSU hasn't played any of those 4, or Michigan yet. It's unknown how good they are compared to the rest of the Big Ten. Michigan has only played Michigan State, and lost handedly.

The 4 I referenced have all mostly played each other, and all have been tight games. Hence the point.
[/quote]

Well that makes a lot of sense then. I agree that they are unknowns. I think what is going to happens is that the 6 will beat up on eachother and you will get a 3 loss Big ten champion. I think PSU is pretty awful but they are 5-0 in the big ten. Thats an interesting take 1181.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319998882' post='1052576']

I have heard it was his dream job but only from people who want it to be his dream job....I have not seen him say it. Not saying he has or has not but I think that the people that I talk to tend to really want him here so they make stuff up.
[/quote]

A quick search turned up that he had put in his book that OSU is one of the schools he has given his wife no veto power over and Herbie said that this was his dream job. However wasnt ND looked at as his dream job before and he did not take it. I will admit that I dont want him to go to OSU because I think he is a pretty awful person. I think he will make the arrogant base of OSUs fans that much more arrogant....

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1319999264' post='1052595']

A quick search turned up that he had put in his book that OSU is one of the schools he has given his wife no veto power over and Herbie said that this was his dream job. However wasnt ND looked at as his dream job before and he did not take it. I will admit that I dont want him to go to OSU because I think he is a pretty awful person. I think he will make the arrogant base of OSUs fans that much more arrogant....
[/quote]

He had an out-clause in his Florida contract for both OSU and Notre Dame. Coaching at OSU is a big desire for him.

Urban was a grad assistant at OSU. And if you watch College Game Day, they have a segment every week with him analyzing some player or team. The session looks to be shot in his "man cave" and there is a portrait of Woodey Hayes in there.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320012677' post='1053289']Also in his man cave are helmets of BG, Utah, Florida and ND. Does not mean much IMO[/quote]

He coached at all of those schools. But I did not see a Lou Holtz portrait.

Archived