Holy shit guys, we're 5 and 2!

And we still haven't played a complete game. I always thought this was possible, but I figured 5 or 6 wins this season would be a really good sign for our future. For these guys to be where they are is truly amazing.

Playoff talk is now officially legitimate. We might not win another game, but right now, seven games in, we are inarguably contenders, and it's great watching the "experts" choke on their words as they grudgingly have to say good things about us.

:dance:

Words can't even express how excited I am. I have to eat some crow though. I was one of the ones saying I doubt we'd win 4 games this season. Like Backer said, even if we lose out from here, which I highly doubt, at this point in time it's fair to start thinking about our chances of making the playoffs. I'm loving this. It's so nice to come to work on a Monday with a win under our belt. Keeps a smile on my face all day.
MULLY

But also note that when I said I doubt we'd win 4 games it was because of the entire situation surrounding the team, not because I was hating on them.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1320025810' post='1053855']
Words can't even express how excited I am. I have to eat some crow though. I was one of the ones saying I doubt we'd win 4 games this season. Like Backer said, even if we lose out from here, which I highly doubt, at this point in time it's fair to start thinking about our chances of making the playoffs. I'm loving this. It's so nice to come to work on a Monday with a win under our belt. Keeps a smile on my face all day.
MULLY
[/quote]

Looks like you were right - we will not win [b]just [/b]four games this season.

The Ravens are looking beatable right now, but shitsburgh is playing better.

I like that they are winning games they should, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for the playoffs just yet.

But we have 3 VERY winnable games left on the schedule, so 8 or 9 wins is very doable.

Not bad for the worst team in all of professional sports.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320026177' post='1053861']
I still don't think we are really good or can compete with the Ravens or the Steelers of the world. I don't think we have played a good team yet. Still pleasantly surprised by how good we are but I would not be surprised if we lose a majority of the games we have left.
[/quote]

how can you say you dont think the Bengals are really good or that the Bengals cannot compete with teams that have the same record? What do they have to do? They are winning games on the road, playing through injury, suspension, distractions etc. They play excellent defense and have found ways to win even when mistakes have been made. This team is 7 points away from being 7-0. There is absolutely no reason anyone should doubt that this team cannot compete with anyone in the league. This is NOT the Bengals of old hop on the train and enjoy it...

I still don't think we are really good or can compete with the Ravens or the Steelers of the world. I don't think we have played a good team yet. Still pleasantly surprised by how good we are but I would not be surprised if we lose a majority of the games we have left.
[/quote]

Yeah, Buffalo and SF don't count as good, because we played them.

Do we have to go through this shit every week?

The most amazing thing to me is, when it seems like they've totally lost momentum, they someone makes a huge play, they don't flinch, as Marvin used to say. They trust each other, and they keep fighting! Whether it's defense, offense, or special teams, someone makes a huge play!

It's great to be 5-2 for a week. The nice thing is that there is a realistic shot at being 6-2 a week from now. More importantly though- this team is positioned to be really good for a few years with the core they've built plus a ton of draft picks and cap money coming up soon. This could be fun.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1320025978' post='1053859']
The Ravens are looking beatable right now, but shitsburgh is playing better.

I like that they are winning games they should, but I'm not going to get my hopes up for the playoffs just yet.

But we have 3 VERY winnable games left on the schedule, so 8 or 9 wins is very doable.

Not bad for the worst team in all of professional sports.
[/quote]

Exactly. 3 very winnable games, AND, who knows, they also have a very good chance for an upset or 2 in them. Not to mention getting Rey back is only going to make the defense that much better. I'm not calling for a playoff berth right now, but they have just as much chance as any other team out there right now. I just can't understand how other 5-2 teams are doing so great yet we're struggling and looking towards defeat with our remaining games. Screw that!! WHO-DEY!!!
MULLY

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1320027797' post='1053878']
Wtf? I have been watching ESPN news and SNF all night and not one highlight of the Bengals win. But I gave seen the Stoolers win 900 times? Operation media blackout is still in effect. I say good, let's fly under radar all year.
[/quote]

Jeez, watch the Home Shopping Channel. Same amount of Bengals Hilights, and you might pick up a singing Bass plaque.

[/quote]
[b]BengalsOwn[/b], we don't allow sock accounts here. Its against the rules.

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1320027931' post='1053881']

Exactly. 3 very winnable games, AND, who knows, they also have a very good chance for an upset or 2 in them. Not to mention getting Rey back is only going to make the defense that much better. I'm not calling for a playoff berth right now, but they have just as much chance as any other team out there right now. I just can't understand how other 5-2 teams are doing so great yet we're struggling and looking towards defeat with our remaining games. Screw that!! WHO-DEY!!!
MULLY
[/quote]

We can beat just about anyone if we play well, hard, and get our share of breaks. This surely includes our division mates. If we screw up, we won't beat them, or many other teams. Just like us in 2005, and 2009. Just like pretty much every other team in the league this year. Look at New Orleans.

Wtf? I have been watching ESPN news and SNF all night and not one highlight of the Bengals win. But I gave seen the Stoolers win 900 times? Operation media blackout is still in effect. I say good, let's fly under radar all year.
[/quote]

Pittsburgh and New England was the marquee matchup this week. Of course that game is going to get the majority of coverage compared to a Seahawk game.

[quote name='JC' timestamp='1320028165' post='1053887']
We have St. Louis and Arizona on the schedule this year. Sweet.

4 more wins and they're around a playoff bid. 5 more and your almost guaranteed one.
[/quote]
Holy shit do the Saints suck....they just got beaten by the RAMS! New Orleans will NEVER win a Super Bowl...mark it down!

[quote name='The Left Hand of Frerotte' timestamp='1320028224' post='1053889']

Pittsburgh and New England was the marquee matchup this week. Of course that game is going to get the majority of coverage compared to a Seahawk game.
[/quote]

God damn anti-Pacific Northwest media!

[/quote]

really? I've seen several replays

[/quote]

Logically, I have to agree, but I really think this is a team that should be measured by size of the fight in the dog, rather than the size of the dog in the fight. These puppies don't quit.

Archived