Holy shit guys, we're 5 and 2!

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320103862' post='1054365']

You are talking about a 6-1 team and a 5-2 team, teams that have beaten the lions, patriots, eagles etc. Why does their qb names matter?

This is just getting pathetic with you.

A little confused on this post...did I miss a joke or[b] is this just racist?[/b]
[/quote]

Racist. it's Globe.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320112905' post='1054435']
Since when do we allow trolls here? Go to the shit talking forum weston.
[/quote]

Again I really dont think having an opinion that others dont share is a troll. I think the personal attacks and name calling is a much worse offense.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320113047' post='1054437']

Again I really dont think having an opinion that others dont share is a troll. I think the personal attacks and name calling is a much worse offense.
[/quote]

A troll is someone who says ridiculous things to try to rile up the majority of the board...exactly what you are doing.

[quote name='BengalBacker' timestamp='1320024753' post='1053847']
And we still haven't played a complete game. I always thought this was possible, but I figured 5 or 6 wins this season would be a really good sign for our future. For these guys to be where they are is truly amazing.

Playoff talk is now officially legitimate. We might not win another game, but right now, seven games in, we are inarguably contenders, and it's great watching the "experts" choke on their words as they grudgingly have to say good things about us.

:dance:
[/quote]

our opponents have a winning percentage below .400, even if you pretend we lost to all of them its still below .500....we should be 7-0... look what the 49ers did to this offense.. we got 8 points, they handed us 2 of those, they average twice that given up.... and it was in our house...

2-5, 2-5, 0-8, 2-6, 3-4, 5-2, 6-1

2 teams out of 7 with a winning record. total: 20-31 overall..

defense and special teams is carrying this team, more than half of the passes are behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it, with the occasional deep pass to keep them honest (which is working well with aj green being a madman).

dalton made the two best throws of his career to whats his name TE and the TD to green.. but the two picks were pathetic underthrows that would have been TD's if thrown properly.. those are the ones that worry me, seems the more leash he gets, the more of that we see.. skipping passes off the turf in front of wide open receivers, etc...

we play the titans, and then shit gets nasty real fast, we have 4 of 5 games against the ravens or steelers after that i think, gonna be tough... and a REAl test... the browns are always a walking matt, but if we cant pull off at least .500 against the ravens and steelers... then we are no more than a great defensive team with an easy schedule.

i am excited to see what the results are after that stretch...

the offense will probably have to put up points to win those... on their own.. defense and teams is handing them mega badass field position and scoring points on thier own... the defense and ST play give me a footbal erection.. this would be a superbowl team if dalton were a really good QB... green simpson gresham are all playing really really well..

time will tell...

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320113597' post='1054444']
How is that ridiculous, I dont think 2 teams are good? CRAZY. I dont think that a LTs natural position is LT.......WOW! Luda!
[/quote]

2 teams with winning records, both above .700, and quality wins are not good? Yeah, that's a little crazy. Especially when you assert it with nothing to back it up.

To say Whit is not a good LT when every expert out there disagrees, with nothing to back it up is crazy. Suggs and Harrison have 0 sacks off him.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1320113952' post='1054451']

2 teams with winning records, both above .700, and quality wins are not good? Yeah, that's a little crazy. Especially when you assert it with nothing to back it up.

To say Whit is not a good LT when every expert out there disagrees, with nothing to back it up is crazy. Suggs and Harrison have 0 sacks off him.
[/quote]

See, but if he was an elite LT he'd have Sacks on them!!

It makes sense if you just don't think about it. :ninja:

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1320113952' post='1054451']

[/quote]

Please find me the post where I say Whit is not a good LT.

Name me a player on the Bills offense that scares you. How about the D? Now name me a player on the niners outside of Gore who you are fearful of. Neither one of those teams are legit. They are benefiting from a down year and will get exposed at the end of the year like all of these teams do.

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1320113819' post='1054447']

our opponents have a winning percentage below .400, even if you pretend we lost to all of them its still below .500....we should be 7-0... look what the 49ers did to this offense.. we got 8 points, they handed us 2 of those, they average twice that given up.... and it was in our house...

defense and special teams is carrying this team, more than half of the passes are behind the LOS or within 5 yards of it, with the occasional deep pass to keep them honest (which is working well with aj green being a madman).

dalton made the two best throws of his career to whats his name TE and the TD to green.. but the two picks were pathetic underthrows that would have been TD's if thrown properly.. those are the ones that worry me, seems the more leash he gets, the more of that we see.. skipping passes off the turf in front of wide open receivers, etc...

we play the titans, and then shit gets nasty real fast, we have 4 of 5 games against the ravens or steelers after that i think, gonna be tough... and a REAl test... the browns are always a walking matt, but if we cant pull off at least .500 against the ravens and steelers... then we are no more than a great defensive team with an easy schedule.

the offense will probably have to put up points to win those... on their own.. defense and teams is handing them mega badass field position and scoring points on thier own... the defense and ST play give me a footbal erection.. this would be a superbowl team if dalton were a really good QB... green simpson gresham are all playing really really well..

time will tell...
[/quote]

I agree that outside of the bills game, we havent beaten a playoff caliber team yet. But if you look at the stealers, their strength of victory is even worse then ours, but no one is talking about how easy there schedule is.

I just think its a double standard, but I guess when you are coming off a super bowl appearance vs a 4-12 season, SOS doesnt matter. But at the end of the day, we have been just as impressive as the steelers this year. Doesnt mean we will beat them or win the division, but if you are going just off this year its hard to really say the stealers are definitely the better team.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320114410' post='1054457']

Name me a player on the Bills offense that scares you. How about the D? Now name me a player on the niners outside of Gore who you are fearful of. Neither one of those teams are legit. They are benefiting from a down year and will get exposed at the end of the year like all of these teams do.
[/quote]

Guess you have never heard of Patrick Willis. Not surprising. Keep digging that hole, bud.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320114502' post='1054458']

I agree that outside of the bills game, we havent beaten a playoff caliber team yet. But if you look at the stealers, their strength of victory is even worse then ours, but no one is talking about how easy there schedule is.

I just think its a double standard, but I guess when you are coming off a super bowl appearance vs a 4-12 season, SOS doesnt matter. But at the end of the day, we have been just as impressive as the steelers this year. Doesnt mean we will beat them or win the division, but if you are going just off this year its hard to really say the stealers are definitely the better team.

Guess you have never heard of Patrick Willis. Not surprising. Keep digging that hole, bud.
[/quote]

I forgot about Willis you are right.

Notice the difference in tone in your 2 responses. One to go and then one to me....thats whats strange.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320114410' post='1054457']

[/quote]
Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson of the Bills on offense and Nick Barnett and Marcell Dareus on the D... Vernon Davis of the 49ers on O...

That took all of 5 seconds - do you know football at all?

Seriously...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1320113819' post='1054447']

time will tell...
[/quote]

I agree, Its frankly impossible to tell how good this team is, or isn't due to our lack of a strong schedule. The base is there for a great team next year.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320114701' post='1054460']

I forgot about Willis you are right.

Notice the difference in tone in your 2 responses. One to go and then one to me....thats whats strange.
[/quote]

I have gotten on Go's bad side a few times :) Go also isnt saying ridiculous things like SF and Buffalo are bad teams.

You could have said overrated and I wouldnt have even questioned you, but "bad" is just once again dumb.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320114765' post='1054461']
Stevie Johnson and Fred Jackson of the Bills on offense and Nick Barnett and Marcell Dareus on the D... Vernon Davis of the 49ers on O...

That took all of 5 seconds - do you know football at all?

Seriously...
[/quote]

Those players scare you? Stevie Johnson is a glorified possession receiver on a team with no one else to throw to. Fred Jackson is having a solid year but he is not a game changer. He is no AP or somebody who you scheme against. Dareus I have not seen much this year but Nick Barnett is just an average guy. Vernon Davis at TE? I guess with our old D that used to be horrible against TEs but we seem to be able to cover them much better these days. Plus with their lack of a legit #2 WR we could easily keep him from being much trouble. I don't see those guys as real threats. Better then average yes, Davis is in an elite group but no game changers.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320114789' post='1054462']

I agree, Its frankly impossible to tell how good this team is, or isn't due to our lack of a strong schedule. The base is there for a great team next year.
[/quote]

Was it 05 when we played the NFC north when all 4 teams were god awful? We rode that season to the playoffs and nobody said a word because we had an opportunistic defense and Palmer was playing out of his mind that year.

Make the playoffs any way you can and anything can happen once you're in. Strength of schedule doesn't mean shit if you're in the playoffs.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320115035' post='1054464']

Those players scare you? Stevie Johnson is a glorified possession receiver on a team with no one else to throw to. Fred Jackson is having a solid year but he is not a game changer. He is no AP or somebody who you scheme against. Dareus I have not seen much this year but Nick Barnett is just an average guy. Vernon Davis at TE? I guess with our old D that used to be horrible against TEs but we seem to be able to cover them much better these days. Plus with their lack of a legit #2 WR we could easily keep him from being much trouble. I don't see those guys as real threats. Better then average yes, Davis is in an elite group but no game changers.
[/quote]
Nope... you don't know football.

Thanks for answering my question, have a very pleasant (mind you, opinionated) evening.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320115035' post='1054464']

[/quote]

Go look at Fred Jackson stats bud. He is the best RB in football statistically this year.

Seriously, just give up while you arent too far behind.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320115154' post='1054467']

Thanks for answering my question, have a very pleasant (mind you, opinionated) evening.
[/quote]

I love you!!

In a very fucking platonic and friendly poster type way!! :onoudidnt: :lol: :lol:

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320115154' post='1054467']

[/quote]

What do you disagree with? I love the responses.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320115269' post='1054469']

Go look at Fred Jackson stats bud. He is the best RB in football statistically this year.

Seriously, just give up while you arent too far behind.
[/quote]

Best RB in football STATISTICALLY. That means very little in my mind. Sure he is good, but he is nowhere near the best back in the league.

Also wanted to point out that there is not one post in this thread where I have been rude to anyone.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1320115493' post='1054472']

What do you disagree with?

Best RB in football STATISTICALLY. That means very little in my mind. Sure he is good, but he is nowhere near the best back in the league.
[/quote]

This year he is playing like one. He is averaging 6.75 yards a touch and has over 1070 total yards. This year he is having an elite RB year.

Archived