Things I Was Wrong About (What about you?)

I have to admit....

They've looked a lot better than I expected. I guessed 7-9, 8-8 and they look to be beating that so far. I knew we had a weak-ish schedule so....

Dalton has impressed! He needs to get his throws down more and seems to throw behind players on routes coming from the outside in. He does extend plays well with his legs, has a natural instinct on when to use them, and throws well while on the run (Even to his left). He needs to develop but for a rookie, holy shit! I most certainly was NOT expecting that. He's the biggest reason I've been wrong about their record so far.

The rotation of D-lineman is wicked, and it reminds me of the Raven's Superbowl run. They used to rotate lineman like that, keeps them fresh. I love it, a pass rush! FINALLY!

They're still a young team, and have growing to do, but the future is looking bright right now. Keep working hard, Bengals. You haven't proven shit until you get a Lombardi...

WHO DEY!!

I was right about Gruden, Dalton, and their ability to minimize the weaknesses of the Oline. I believe I predicted 10-6 or at worst 9-7 as well.

I didn't think the defense would be this good thus far, I didn't know Benson and the run game would have been this weak, and I didn't think Atkins would be this much of a beast. Dunlap doesn't hve the numbers yet but he has been very good. His numbers will come. I expected Maualuga to be better and I expected Jerome to be better than he has been. I also expected Gresham to be more utilized.

I thought Dalton would be good, just not this early. It's still early in the year, and we will still see some ups and downs like we have, but he's further along than I expected, especially in his knowledge of the O (reportedly), running and leading the team and in extending plays. For that matter, same with AJ's development. And I think this past Sunday was good for him, getting his most physical test.

I wasn't sure on Rey's transition, but he's better than I expected. His pass defense has been pretty good, and save for one bad game, he's made a positive impact vs the run. And going into this season, i wasn't jazzed about Clements (I wanted Carlos Rogers), he's played pretty damned well. Same for Howard... Jury is out on Manny for me, although he showed up vs the run this past Sunday. His pass defense has been solid.

The OL has played pretty well, especially vs the pass - better than expected, with a rookie QB, no less. Run game needs to improve, though. I thought they'd be better, but maybe I had unrealistic expectations.

Last, I think Gruden has adapted to thr NFL faster than I thought he would. He's been solid so far.

I thought 7 wins, so they're running ahead of that, so I was wrong there.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320116503' post='1054484']

I havent been aggressive at all in this thread to Jamie. All I said was earlier why he was wrong with his predictions, he said when we win 7 games he'll say he was wrong and I said fair enough. Then I just explained to him why some people on this board get upset with some of his posts/attitude.

Never once was I being aggresive. Ken was, but me in this thread.
[/quote]

It appears to me you are trying to grind an axe. It's weird, IMO.

This is why Jamie probably suggests the ignore feature. It seems to me you are ate up with his negative opinions. Ignore it if you don't like it.

[quote name='scharm' timestamp='1320140003' post='1054527']
It appears to me you are trying to grind an axe. It's weird, IMO.

This is why Jamie probably suggests the ignore feature. It seems to me you are ate up with his negative opinions. Ignore it if you don't like it.
[/quote]

But then I couldnt enjoy proving him wrong :)

I hate the negativity around this team/board, but I also like it when it turns out they are wrong. So sue me if I call people out on their negativity when we are having a good year...im sure some people would do the same thing if we were 2-5.

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1320150705' post='1054558']

But then I couldnt enjoy proving him wrong :)

I hate the negativity around this team/board, but I also like it when it turns out they are wrong. So sue me if I call people out on their negativity when we are having a good year...im sure some people would do the same thing if we were 2-5.
[/quote]

Ah yeah that's pretty much what I expected this was about.

Archived