Jerome Simpson > DeSean Jackson?

[b]I've always loved Jerome Simpson[/b]
[b]From listener Jeff[/b]

Simpson vs Jackson

Receiving Stats Since Week 16 of 2010 (10 games):
Jerome Simpson: 44 receptions, 657 yards, 5 TD's
Desean Jackson: 31 receptions, 535 yards, 2 TD's

Read more: [url="http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1d99vd2SC"]http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1d99vd2SC[/url]

Hmmm, he is definitely redeeming himself in the present. Career, he still has a long way to go. I feel good about his productivity this season though, it's good to see. I wrote him off for dead long ago, and the drug thing was bad. Hopefully he keeps trending positive.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1320783436' post='1058868']
[b]I've always loved Jerome Simpson[/b]
[b]From listener Jeff[/b]

Simpson vs Jackson

Receiving Stats Since Week 16 of 2010 (10 games):
Jerome Simpson: 44 receptions, 657 yards, 5 TD's
Desean Jackson: 31 receptions, 535 yards, 2 TD's

Read more: [url="http://www.espn1530.com/pages/lancesBlog.html#ixzz1d99vd2SC"]http://www.espn1530....l#ixzz1d99vd2SC[/url]
[/quote]

Well Jerome is having his best year, Desean is having an off year so far.

I won't touch the simpson > jackson part, but I always thought it was telling that Marvin was close to Desean's mom, and I think grandma, but didn't draft him. Desean has a little bit of Chad in him. 3 years in, he's already had a contract holdout, has a bit of unsportsmanlike arrogance to him and has put his foot in his mouth a number of times in the media.

Stats are a little misleading since in the Eagles last game in 2010 (vs. Dallas), he didn't play since they were resting the starters.

Simpson has a lot of talent, but he still needs to be a lot more consistent. At this point, I wouldn't take him over DeSean, but if he develops consistency, I'd consider it. Jackson's a great return guy as well.

I wish Simpson would learn how to tap his feet. He is driving me crazy making these great catches and then can not get his feet in bounds. I like Simpson but he is no Jackson. Just look at any game the eagles play. He is a game changer and #1. Simpson is a #2 and took three years to develop.

[quote name='Bengals1181' timestamp='1320783947' post='1058873']
I won't touch the simpson > jackson part, but I always thought it was telling that Marvin was close to Desean's mom, and I think grandma, but didn't draft him. Desean has a little bit of Chad in him. 3 years in, he's already had a contract holdout, has a bit of unsportsmanlike arrogance to him and has put his foot in his mouth a number of times in the media.
[/quote]
Marvin is Desean's father?

:39:

Anyway, I would take Desean over Simpson right now due to Jackson's awesome return capabilities, but...if Jerome could clean up some of those drops and do a better job with his feet, he would be one of the best receivers in all of football.

[quote name='The PatternMaster' timestamp='1320791000' post='1058919']
This question is kinda of silly, you can try to twist the numbers around but Jackson has proven that he's better than Simpson at this point in their careers. As for the Bengals not drafting DeSean despite Marvin's close ties to his family, remember that MB is the GM not Marvin.
[/quote]

Just saw something on a blog and posted it here for conversation. Nothing silly about it really.
Ecspecially when you look that their numbers this season.

Jackson started 8 games: 29 catches for 503 yards and 2 TDs.
Simpson started 6 games: 26 catches for 410 yards and 2 TDs.

And Jackson started from the moment he was drafted. Simpson had Pro Bowlers and other
vets starting in front of him. Since Simpson has gotten the opportunity to start, his numbers
are better than Jackson's. And Jackson has been playing with a #1 overall pick at QB in
a more pass happy Offense. Yet, their numbers are pretty damn similar this season.

Eagles have the 9th passing Offense.
Bengals have the 21st passing Offense.

Eagles have the #1 rushing Offense.
Bengals have the 21st rushing Offense.

And Marvin has a lot of input into who is drafted.

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1320792386' post='1058925']
When compairing two receivers id say the fact that one of them may be spending a considerable amount of time in federal prison is plenty relevant, is it not?
[/quote]

He also may not be spending any time at all in any prison. So no, it's not relevant at all right now.

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1320792505' post='1058928']

He also may not be spending any time at all in any prison. So no, it's not relevant at all right now.
[/quote]

I know this isn't what the thread is about, but say you were considering signing/extending/trading for him, it wouldn't be relevant?

I suppose ill agree to disagree then

[quote name='mullichicken25' timestamp='1320793204' post='1058935']
I know this isn't what the thread is about, but say you were considering signing/extending/trading for him, it wouldn't be relevant?

I suppose ill agree to disagree then
[/quote]

It is not relevant to the discussion.

From what I have heard, this issue won't be resolved until after the season.
So either there will be no option of extending him because he's in jail, or what you're
saying is irrelevant because he didn't go to jail. It's that simple.

[quote name='cpalmer2004' timestamp='1320788729' post='1058900']
I wish Simpson would learn how to tap his feet. He is driving me crazy making these great catches and then can not get his feet in bounds. I like Simpson but he is no Jackson. Just look at any game the eagles play. He is a game changer and #1. Simpson is a #2 and took three years to [s]develop[/s].
[/quote]
...get an opportunity. He showed flashes every preseason, but then never played due to stubbornness of coaches.

[quote name='PakMan' timestamp='1320797983' post='1058954']
...get an opportunity. He showed flashes every preseason, but then never played due to stubbornness of coaches.
[/quote]
That is true! Also lay the blame with Brat and Mike Sheppard. Those two held him back because they were scared of letting young talent play in favour of proven vets like Lavenuous Coles and TO. Need I say more?

Archived