[quote name='BengalBeotch' timestamp='1320870318' post='1059508']
Goodness.... how can anyone predict success or failure... we have NO CLUE what Andy Dalton will do or is capable of.. all we have is what we've gotten this far, and I'm pretty damn excited about it.... he is STILL A ROOKIE so if he has a bad game against Shitsburgh, it would not be the end of the world!! He might have a few bad games on the horizon... what QB doesn't have bad games here and there? Point is.... GO ANDY DALTON.. no matter what, you are my team's QB and I hope you bring it on Sunday!!!!!
[/quote]

Does your husband know how you feel about Andy Dalton? Don't go the way of BengalLady!

:lol:

[quote name='Bengal27' timestamp='1320870403' post='1059511']
Yeah, stick around dabengals. I also feel the sites regular members should have access to those threads. At the same time I completely agree with Oldschooler in looking at it as a recruiting to the site angle. How can a first time Bengal visitor to this site not think this site is whacked when he/she reads that our sites owner wants to make bets on our QB not just failing this weekend but failing the team long term?
[/quote]

Pretty much...although I don't think [b]GoBengals[/b] intended to come off as wishing Dalton to fail, nor do I think that he considered the possible ramifications from a site recruitment angle when he started that thread. I think he was just fucking around with everyone for the most part and didn't really put a lot of thought into what he was typing.

I agree with getting rid of the post, what I didn't agree with was a certain mod mocking people who didn't agree with Go's opinion of Dalton, but when people start giving it back to him, it gets locked on the premise of people getting personal? I have seen way worse than someone being called a fag, and nothing being said or done. I have been reading this site for a few years, but just decided to join in the discussions a couple of months ago. And the main reason I read this site is old schooler.

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1320871046' post='1059521']
I agree with getting rid of the post, what I didn't agree with was a certain mod mocking people who didn't agree with Go's opinion of Dalton, but when people start giving it back to him, it gets locked on the premise of people getting personal? I have seen way worse than someone being called a fag, and nothing being said or done. I have been reading this site for a few years, but just decided to join in the discussions a couple of months ago. And the main reason I read this site is old schooler.
[/quote]

I wasnt mocking anyone, I was being quite serious about the notion that it's sad that people let others opinions effect them that much.

But how about rather than rehashing it, we try to move on?

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1320871046' post='1059521']
[/quote]

I couldn't agree with you more. You can see I have 200 posts in 7 years but I guarantee you I read every post here. I have seen some very hostile attacks on here over the years. Way more harsh than last night. I was going at it with the mod you speak of. I'm with Oldschooler on this, you post outright Bengal negativity here, you should get slammed without some whiney ass in the background saying how we are sick for for how we feel. It's a Bengal site. Go to the Stealer site if you want to bash the team outrageously.

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1320870779' post='1059517']

Does your husband know how you feel about Andy Dalton? Don't go the way of BengalLady!

:lol:

Pretty much...although I don't think [b]GoBengals[/b] intended to come off as wishing Dalton to fail, nor do I think that he considered the possible ramifications from a site recruitment angle when he started that thread. I think he was just fucking around with everyone for the most part and didn't really put a lot of thought into what he was typing.
[/quote]

Uhh....he said he wants Dalton to fail. Said it very plainly, as a matter of fact. "The sooner the better"

I am going to write this and then let it go. I couldn't agree with Bengal27 and freak more. This is a BENGALS forum. And I don't take kindly to so called Bengals fans wishing for failure. Whether it be on here or in person, I'm going to tell you about it. I'm what you call a Militant Bengals fan.

Guys, (and Gals) let's stop rehashing the same bullshit over and over. Dabengals, I get you as well as a lot of other people, but continuing to harp on it does no good. As a Harpie myself sometimes, let's just brush this shit off, and talk about how the squealers suck!! btw,

:steelerssuck: :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck:

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1320866254' post='1059480']
For the record I made Go's Dalton Contest and dabengal's Let me get this straight threads invisible.

Last night was a complete debacle. It was an embarrasment to this site. So I made them disappear.
If someone else wants to make them visible again, that's on them. But I want no part of it. Or a board
that has that kind of shit on it.

I really don't give a fuck about "everyone has a right to their opinion."

I can see not being happy with a pick at first. But when that player proves you wrong, is being
mentioned as a viable Rookie of the Year candidate and has your team tied for the best record
in the Conference, Iit's best to sit back and enjoy the show and put your petty feelings aside.

I'll say it again, I put a lot of energy and effort into this site. Everything I do is to attract and keep
members here. Mully was just on a radio station that reaches all the way up to here in Wisconsin.
I hate to think what new members or even Stealers fans thought when they seen a thread started
by the Owner of this site, making a bet against the Rookie QB, of the team that this site is dedicated to,
failing. And saying the sooner he fails the better and other stupid shit.

I like Go. He has done a lot for me. He has provided a site for all of us to come together.
But let's be honest, if someone had made a thread like that last season, they would have been banned.
If a new member made the same post, they would have been banned.

I thought the least that should have been done was to make it invisible.

It's a very important week for this team. Let's please focus on that and forget about all the bullshit.
[/quote]
Amen my man. Didn't see the thread but sounds like it was some hypocritical bs.

anyways, fuck shitsburgh!

[quote name='dabengals12' timestamp='1320872731' post='1059548']
I am going to write this and then let it go. I couldn't agree with Bengal27 and freak more. This is a BENGALS forum. And I don't take kindly to so called Bengals fans wishing for failure. Whether it be on here or in person, I'm going to tell you about it. I'm what you call a Militant Bengals fan.
[/quote]

That's fine Ill write this and we will move on.

If and when I see the bengals doing something I dont agree with or like be it a roster move or other I will voice my opinion on it, you dont have to like that opinion, and that opinion may be right or it may turn out wrong in the end, but I will voice it, if that opinion bothers you with all due respect (and I do meant that), I would ignore it and move on.

[quote name='Cricket' timestamp='1320870821' post='1059518']
Good think we didn't have the interweb when Kenny Anderson was going thru his "down" period...
[/quote]

I remember my uncles griping about how you can't throw a pass from your ass...so they blamed the line.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1320872983' post='1059554']

That's fine Ill write this and we will move on.

If and when I see the bengals doing something I dont agree with or like be it a roster move or other I will voice my opinion on it, you dont have to like that opinion, and that opinion may be right or it may turn out wrong in the end, but I will voice it, if that opinion bothers you with all due respect (and I do meant that), I would ignore it and move on.
[/quote]

It's one thing to voice disagreement with a personnel move.

It's something else entirely to want the team to fail. Especially when it is 6-2 and playing well.

Surely you are smart enough to see the difference.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1320874401' post='1059567']

It's something else entirely to want the team to fail. Especially when it is 6-2 and playing well.

[/quote]

Of course, but again I will voice my opinion and the right of others to voice their opinion (even opinions I disagree with) to the hilt.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1320871862' post='1059535']

I wasnt mocking anyone, I was being quite serious about the notion that it's sad that people let others opinions effect them that much.

But how about rather than rehashing it, we try to move on?
[/quote]

I vote for rehash.

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1320874401' post='1059567']

[/quote]
Like everyone else, I'm going to end my griping with one final and move on...

What Jason says above is the root of the issue. This was no "disagreement about opinion", and not allowing for "free speech", and not "taking something too personal", and not "allowing for a difference of opinion", etc, etc. Lines were crossed. Most clearly see the difference.

Okay, now back to your regularly scheduled programming:

:gobengals: :gobengals: :gobengals:
:steelerssuck: :steelerssuck: :steelerssuck:
:fistpump: :fistpump: :fistpump:

Don't post much but this one brings my blood to a boil. I have lurked my way through two moves and many years. I read daily and my opinion is that since Go is no longer here in Cincy, has youngsters around the house now and his friend's dad was thankfully fired he is separating from being a Bengal fan. Remember, he wasn't a fan until around 2002 or so. He is busy being a dad and licking his wounds over Brat. He is also struggling to justify his childish actions over Brat and failing miserably. It's sad when one cannot move past their own prejudices and just say "I was wrong". Go, Andy may fail, he may be better then Payton , We just don't know yet. But your statements regarding him make you look very childish.

Old I am going to p.m. you my e mail addy so that when this board finally fails (I bet a t shirt it does) you can hopefully keep me updated as to where your going. You are the only reason this site is still up and running. Without your hard work the traffic here would almost stop, especially considering the childish actions of the owner.

[quote name='Dodgems' timestamp='1320880330' post='1059616']
Don't post much but this one brings my blood to a boil. I have lurked my way through two moves and many years. I read daily and my opinion is that since Go is no longer here in Cincy, has youngsters around the house now and his friend's dad was thankfully fired he is separating from being a Bengal fan. Remember, he wasn't a fan until around 2002 or so. He is busy being a dad and licking his wounds over Brat. He is also struggling to justify his childish actions over Brat and failing miserably. It's sad when one cannot move past their own prejudices and just say "I was wrong". Go, Andy may fail, he may be better then Payton , We just don't know yet. But your statements regarding him make you look very childish.

Old I am going to p.m. you my e mail addy so that when this board finally fails (I bet a t shirt it does) you can hopefully keep me updated as to where your going. You are the only reason this site is still up and running. Without your hard work the traffic here would almost stop, especially considering the childish actions of the owner.
[/quote]

"...and BOOM! goes the dynamite."

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1320857200' post='1059374']

Fuck me running, it's not? Son of a bitch!!
[/quote]

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1320856102' post='1059368']
Ok, enough already.

People stated their opinions, some people disagreed... stupid shit was said, and now it's all over.

Can we move the hell along?

It's not like rehashing it is going to change anyone's mind, [b]solve the the world financial crisis[/b], or bring about world peace.

Nuff said and fuck the stealers.
[/quote]

Don't worry. Occupy Wall Street has it covered. Just wait.

[quote name='Dodgems' timestamp='1320880330' post='1059616']

[/quote]

Awesome post.

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1320874753' post='1059571']

Of course, but again I will voice my opinion and the right of others to voice their opinion (even opinions I disagree with) to the hilt.
[/quote]
Yes, I guess everyone has the right to be an asshole. That's the beauty and the beast of the internet. But if someone is being an asshole, don't feel bad if 99% of the board points it out.

Archived