Happy Veterans Day to all the Go-Bengals on the board

[quote name='Jason' timestamp='1321042708' post='1060533']
A very tangible way to support our soldiers is to give to the USO.

Thanks to all veterans for your service.
[/quote]

USO is a good one, also I give to AMVets

[url="http://www.amvets.org/"]http://www.amvets.org/[/url]

[quote name='Bunghole' timestamp='1321048955' post='1060576']
F Btry, 333rd FA, 3rd Armored Division, "Spearhead". Fort Knox, Fort Sill, Fliegerhorst Kaserne Germany, Desert Storm.
[/quote]

My battalion had the Patriot battery TAC site on Fliegerhorst. I rented a place by the Rod N Gun club nears the nuke cooling towers.

It was my honor to have served...

1983-2003 US Navy

Shot a shitload of Tomahawks, and other "long distance landscaping items" in the name of defending the freedoms we so love and take for granted.

Thank you to all my fellow veterans, especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Those who came before paved the way for my chance to volunteer keeping our our freedoms. I pray that our country stops putting our warriors in harms way for the benefit of oil, or other material crap.

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1321049629' post='1060587']

1983-2003 US Navy

Shot a shitload of Tomahawks, and other "long distance landscaping items" in the name of defending the freedoms we so love and take for granted.

Thank you to all my fellow veterans, especially those who gave the ultimate sacrifice.

Those who came before paved the way for my chance to volunteer keeping our our freedoms. I pray that our country stops putting our warriors in harms way for the benefit of oil, or other material crap.
[/quote]

I almost joined the Navy back in 94 then I backed out. A decision that I still regret till this day -_-

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1321049740' post='1060589']

I was on Camp Gary Owen a couple of times between 1999-2001. Our A/5-5 did gunnery with you guys.
[/quote]
Peace through superior firepower... be it from land, air, or sea.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1321049917' post='1060592']
Peace through superior firepower... be it from land, air, or sea.

Now THAT'S what I'm talking about...
[/quote]

We know all about you navy boys...

[img]http://www.travel-golf.org/images/navy_gay_recruiting_advertizment.jpg[/img]

[quote name='Jamie_B' timestamp='1321050268' post='1060595']

We know all about you navy boys...

[img]http://www.travel-golf.org/images/navy_gay_recruiting_advertizment.jpg[/img]
[/quote]

If you want to share the decorations that you hang in your bedroom, I would suggest you use a different forum.

1983-2003 US Navy

[/quote]

I also had Navy time in addition to my Army career.. USS Saratoga... I decommissioned her.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1321051217' post='1060603']

I also had Navy time in addition to my Army career.. USS Saratoga... I decommissioned her.
[/quote]
Was never stationed on the Sara... but did countless ops with her over the years, was a helluva ship.

I was stationed on the USS Seattle, USS Caron, USS Yorktown, and the USS Kidd... amongst other various and sundry assignments.

[quote name='ArmyBengal' timestamp='1321050441' post='1060596']

ROK
[/quote]

That's what I thought. There's a contingent there, but we were on Fort Hood, though I didn't spend much time there as I was in Bosnia and Iraq and Kuwait mostly, interspersed with NTC rotations. These memories are only fond in retrospect, I assure you.

[quote name='mhfinks' timestamp='1321024981' post='1060379']
From one Veteran to another....Thanks for all you do, did and have done. Question? Are their any Bengal Player Veterans?
[/quote]

Thank you and may God Bless my fellow veterans and those who wish us well.

2177052 USMC

[quote name='oldschooler' timestamp='1321056810' post='1060643']
I tried to give all you Vets positive rep, but I reached my limit.

I'll get back to you when I get a new supply ...
[/quote]
old... no need for that, your words are the payment that all the vets I know of love to receive.

@ all those who were national guard/ANG/Coast Guard...etc. You guys/girls are the same heroes as active duty members and deserve/have earned the same respect as anyone else who volunteered to die for this country and took the oath to serve. I served with countless "weekend warriors" who were in harms way. My heart felt thanks go out to you also.

1983-2003 US Navy

[/quote]

1983-2003 ? Really ? That is the exact timespan of my tour. Where did you go to boot ? I went in August of 1983, RTC (Resort Training Command, Orlando). Left in 2003 out of Great Mistakes.

[quote name='cincity' timestamp='1321051217' post='1060603']

[/quote]

I didn't decommission her but left behind lots of graffiti behind in various places when we put her in the yards back in the late 80's. 1984-1988. God, those were some [s]fun[/s] times...

[quote name='USN Bengal' timestamp='1321051609' post='1060605']
Was never stationed on the Sara... but did countless ops with her over the years, was a helluva ship.

I was stationed on the USS Seattle, USS Caron, USS Yorktown, and the USS Kidd... amongst other various and sundry assignments.
[/quote]

Were you on the Seattle when she busted the hose (refueling hose, I think) and it sprayed everyone down ? Did you transfer Boorda's son on the highline ?

Most of all I just want to remember.

EW3 Gokool. Survived the USS Cole bombing with loss of his leg. Climbed up and out with only half a leg. He watched the other boats in the harbor with "people" celebrating the bombing before FINALLY being evacuated. Visited with us in Great Lakes back in 2002/2003 timeframe. He died back in 2009...

My cousin who was also in the Navy, passed in 2007...

Both of whom passed too soon.

[quote name='Numbers' timestamp='1321060041' post='1060661']

1983-2003 ? Really ? That is the exact timespan of my tour. Where did you go to boot ? I went in August of 1983, RTC (Resort Training Command, Orlando). Left in 2003 out of Great Mistakes.

I didn't decommission her but left behind lots of graffiti behind in various places when we put her in the yards back in the late 80's. 1984-1988. God, those were some [s]fun[/s] times...

Were you on the Seattle when she busted the hose (refueling hose, I think) and it sprayed everyone down ? Did you transfer Boorda's son on the highline ?

Most of all I just want to remember.

EW3 Gokool. Survived the USS Cole bombing with loss of his leg. Climbed up and out with only half a leg. He watched the other boats in the harbor with "people" celebrating the bombing before FINALLY being evacuated. Visited with us in Great Lakes back in 2002/2003 timeframe. He died back in 2009...

My cousin who was also in the Navy, passed in 2007...

Both of whom passed too soon.
[/quote]

RTC San Diego, started June 30, 2003.

I WAS onboard when we busted a refueling hose.... numerous times. I was on Seattle from 84-89 - we had Captain David Frost as skipper when I reported, he went from us straight to the Sara and then picked up flag.... best skipper I ever had. Scariest time on there is when we had an offcial "near miss" when the Sara lost steerage during unrep, and the aft elevator took out the last two fueling stations and 1 rig on our port side. I wasn't on there when they highlined Boorda's kid though.

The remembering is what keeps what our shipmates/fellow service men and women accomplished alive. Too many passed too soon, and gave it all for our country.

Archived