Looking at our next 8 games we have 3 games we should be expected to win and 5 that we will probably be picked to lose. Its a pretty brutal schedule, over the next 5 games. I was thinking "it's great to be 6-2 but what if we fall apart like last year. I have 0 confidence in Marvin to right the ship should something go wrong." My next thought surprised me. In spite of what I think of Marvin and what his track record reinforced I think this team could never lose 8 in a row because of Andy Dalton. I think there is no way that that guy ever lets this team lose 8 in a row. I could never say the same of Carson or Marvin.

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1321053824' post='1060614']
Looking at our next 8 games we have 3 games we should be expected to win and 5 that we will probably be picked to lose. Its a pretty brutal schedule, over the next 5 games. I was thinking "it's great to be 6-2 but what if we fall apart like last year. I have 0 confidence in Marvin to right the ship should something go wrong." My next thought surprised me. In spite of what I think of Marvin and what his track record reinforced I think this team could never lose 8 in a row because of Andy Dalton. I think there is no way that that guy ever lets this team lose 8 in a row. I could never say the same of Carson or Marvin.
[/quote]

Actually Marvin has done a great job of keeping players "into it" during bad seasons.. One of the reasons he is still our HC is because he has never lost the locker room.. That is a strong testament to his ability to rally and motivate guys. One of the marks of Marvin's teams is they don't give up..

In my opinion, even if they fall apart and lose out, they've done so much that shows so much promise....although losing 8 straight could pretty much destroy that thought. No way they lose out though. I see us winning at least half of what we have left. No less than 3.
MULLY

[quote name='Lucid' timestamp='1321053971' post='1060615']

Actually Marvin has done a great job of keeping players "into it" during bad seasons.. One of the reasons he is still our HC is because he has never lost the locker room.. That is a strong testament to his ability to rally and motivate guys. One of the marks of Marvin's teams is they don't give up..
[/quote]
Great post... and think back to the 10 game losing streak of last year Mr. Weston, and to ALL the seasons that Marvin Lewis has been here.

We were IN all those games last year, not just barely hanging on. He kept those guys together, leading by example. Many of those guys are the core that is propelling us to the wins we have this year. Since he has come here, no matter WHAT the record, I do NOT recall anyone saying that Marvin Lewis' teams ever quit or didn't give their all.

That was different than many of the teams from the lost decade +. It was obvious that more than a few players quit.

Once again Mr. Weston try to look at ALL angles, the proven performance, and the results of previous years.

[quote name='Rumble In the Jungle' timestamp='1321056041' post='1060634']
Let the guy say what's on his mind JB daaaaang lol
[/quote]

K I guess his point wasnt that bad, it was the thread title that irked me.

Why not title the post something more related to how he thinks AD has the will and strenghts to keep this team from faling apart when in past years we might have.

Just probably would have gotten better responses...the way it looks now it looks like he is thinking we might lose the next 8.

I don't post much on here, but I do read a lot of the posts. The hate for Marvin must end! Take a look at what he has done with this young team. They are 4-1 on the fucking road! I don't give a fuck who they have played, winning on the road is not easy in the NFL. Just ask The Ravens. Anybody who thinks this team is capable of losing 8 straight, needs to stop drinking the hatorade and then go take a fucking leap at a rolling doughnut.

[quote name='Elflocko' timestamp='1321059435' post='1060659']
This thread would embarrass a mediocre troll...
[/quote]

'eh, I don't know that its as bad as the title of this thread.

[url="http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=62176"]http://forum.go-bengals.com/index.php?showtopic=62176[/url]

[quote name='MichaelWeston' timestamp='1321053824' post='1060614']
[/quote]

[i]You're[/i] an 8-game losing streak

[quote name='JBandJoeyV' timestamp='1321055010' post='1060624']
Im sorry weston, but I just find this thread ridiculous. Go to a steelers board, a ravens board, hell even go to a browns board and you dont find thread with their posters wondering if they will lose their last 8 games. I just dont understand the point of this thread.
[/quote]
[img]http://intmedny.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/StupidIsAsStupidDoes.jpg[/img]

Archived