THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

• 2 weeks later...

Litigation alert!

See you in court, Mr. Schlegal.

Definitely, I have been reading comments on this everywhere and there has not been too much reasonable on it. This here is reasonable. While it was cool to watch he went way over what was necessary to subdue the student. I wouldn't be surprised if he was put on probation or even fired.

People keep commenting that the student gave up his rights once he got on the field, that's true to a point, but law enforcement can do what is necessary to stop him. The fan hitting the field doesn't automatically deputize everyone else on the field.

There is a reasonable man standard and I think anyone would admit that Schlegal went beyond that.

Definitely, I have been reading comments on this everywhere and there has not been too much reasonable on it. This here is reasonable. While it was cool to watch he went way over what was necessary to subdue the student. I wouldn't be surprised if he was put on probation or even fired.

People keep commenting that the student gave up his rights once he got on the field, that's true to a point, but law enforcement can do what is necessary to stop him. The fan hitting the field doesn't automatically deputize everyone else on the field.

There is a reasonable man standard and I think anyone would admit that Schlegal went beyond that.

lol... really???

that dumbass deserved everything he got, if not worse.

Honestly thought, you're probably right with todays legal system.

Definitely, I have been reading comments on this everywhere and there has not been too much reasonable on it. This here is reasonable. While it was cool to watch he went way over what was necessary to subdue the student. I wouldn't be surprised if he was put on probation or even fired.People keep commenting that the student gave up his rights once he got on the field, that's true to a point, but law enforcement can do what is necessary to stop him. The fan hitting the field doesn't automatically deputize everyone else on the field.There is a reasonable man standard and I think anyone would admit that Schlegal went beyond that.

In a criminal law sense, actually both violated. The goofball for running on the field ( certain there is some Columbus ordinance on that), and Schlegal for what is tantamount to simple assault ( he is not law enforcement). Probable misdemeanors in both cases though.

What I meant by litigation alert, is the civil variety. I was minding my own business running around disrupting a college football game, when this lunatic comes out of nowhere and attacks me. Think that sounds "no way"? Believe it, it happens.

I don't know what you're talking about. That was a pretty textbook take down. Didn't hit him, didn't choke him, didn't slam his head into the ground. Simply took the guy down to the ground with force. In today's world he could very easily argue that he was simply attempting to protect his players. There is literally nothing to see here. The kid was laughing after the take down, he isn't hurt, at all. If he sues he'll have to take on a ridiculously talented OSU legal defense team while simultaneously facing punishment from the school he's suing. There's no winning for him, OSU won't settle out of court for fear of creating a precedent and he sure as hell isn't going to win in court.

I don't know what you're talking about. That was a pretty textbook take down. Didn't hit him, didn't choke him, didn't slam his head into the ground. Simply took the guy down to the ground with force. In today's world he could very easily argue that he was simply attempting to protect his players. There is literally nothing to see here. The kid was laughing after the take down, he isn't hurt, at all. If he sues he'll have to take on a ridiculously talented OSU legal defense team while simultaneously facing punishment from the school he's suing. There's no winning for him, OSU won't settle out of court for fear of creating a precedent and he sure as hell isn't going to win in court.

You are missing the point here. He took him down way more aggressively then he needed to. Your take on the Osu legal defense team doesn't make much sense that's not accurate. The school isn't going to defend a guy against a kid running across the field. The kid, while dumb will easily come across as innocent. This is cut and dry. There is a way to take down the student and a group that has a legal right to do it the assistant strength and conditioning coach doesn't have the right to do it and he went way beyond the necessary means to take down the drunk kid. Mask any lawyer and they would agree we me guaranteed. It comes down to reasonable man. Do we have lawyers on this board?

Michael: I am not a lawyer, but my work is primarily in the civil litigation world.

To boil this down to its simplest denominator:

Student goofball, even violating rules against running on a football field, retains his rights against deliberate or negligent injury caused by someone else. He also contributes to his own demise by knowingly entering into a situation where he may be injured.

Schlegal assumed a duty that was not his: he is not law enforcement. But even if he were, he would have civil liability possible against him for engaging in an unlawful "assault".

There are many more factors involved in addressing an issue such as this. But on the surface, the Student/goofball would have a civil case against Schlegal and the university if he so chose. Winning is certainly not guaranteed, but bringing it would not be barred.

Michael: I am not a lawyer, but my work is primarily in the civil litigation world.
To boil this down to its simplest denominator:
Student goofball, even violating rules against running on a football field, retains his rights against deliberate or negligent injury caused by someone else. He also contributes to his own demise by knowingly entering into a situation where he may be injured.
Schlegal assumed a duty that was not his: he is not law enforcement. But even if he were, he would have civil liability possible against him for engaging in an unlawful "assault".
There are many more factors involved in addressing an issue such as this. But on the surface, the Student/goofball would have a civil case against Schlegal and the university if he so chose. Winning is certainly not guaranteed, but bringing it would not be barred.

This is exactly how I see it. I went to law school for a bit. Law school is a miserable place that I don't suggest anyone go :).

Also the video on here doesn't show the aggressiveness of the take down. He went beyond what was necessary for certain. They will take into account the size of the individuals etc. Anthony schlegal doesn't need to smash a skinny frat boy on the ground to stop him.

Bosa for Heisman!

Dude is an absolute monster...

The defense is playing really well today, besides that drive.

I would like to see the Bucks go down and score here...don't let Maryland have any momentum to start the second half.

I know it's been Kent St., Cincy and Maryland the last three games...but the offense is looking awesome.

JT has just gotten better and better.. the kid is becoming a really good QB..quickly...

Up to 15th in rankings. They're still in thick of things especially with teams higher than them will be playing each other. 

Tired of the SEC cocksucking. They just aren't as good as they used to be a few years ago. I would bet they end the season with no undefeated teams & maybe only 1 1-loss team.

• 2 weeks later...

That offensive line has come a LOOONNNGGG way.  Can we get a do over with VT?

:lol:

I said that to one of my friends today. That game was such a shitty day.. I think they would kill them so bad now.... 

Too bad ya can't though.. 

Bucks offense is just rolling now.. JT is a freaking stud

And there are no words for Bosa...except BEAST

Archived