THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

[quote name="oldschooler" post="1405979" timestamp="1417929861"]
No offense, but you remind me of a little kid that just asks questions and questions. 
And more questions and more questions. I'm not sure what answer you're searching for.

But Ohio State is worthy. Very worthy.   Period.
[/quote

No offense taken. You remind me of a slow witted redneck who doesn't have any depth in his conversation.

No offense, but you remind me of a little kid that just asks questions and questions. 

And more questions and more questions. I'm not sure what answer you're searching for.

But Ohio State is worthy. Very worthy.   Period. 

Dude, let it go, typical Weston contribution to a thread everyone else is enjoying...

No offense taken. You remind me of a slow witted redneck who doesn't have any depth in his conversation.

Hate to see your response if you were offended. 

But you have me all wrong. I'm very slowed witted, whiteneck (I do live in Wisconsin) and

I am very, very shallow. 

Baylor played a tougher schedule then Osu. That's undeniable. This is tough as hell.

Might be true might not, but baylor has no chance. OSU was ahead of baylor going into today and they beat a top 13 team by 59 points. Baylor beat a good team as well, but not enough to pass OSU.

This is down to OSU and TCU. I would be beyond shocked if FSU was left out. FSU Oregon and Bama are in, in some sort of order.

OSU or TCU will be really close. TCU's loss is obviously way better. But lets take into consideration their wins.

OSU with a win over the number 7 team (assuming MSU passes Arizona tomorrow). By 12 points. Also with a 59 point win vs wisconsin who will probably be ranked around 15-18 tomorrow. Minnesota is a wash because both teams beat them.

TCU beat KSU who will likely be in the low teens tomorrow. Their next best win if you take Minnesota out is Oklahoma who will likely be out of the top 25.

So OSU's best win vs number 7 on the road, TCU's best win over lets say number 12 KSU at home.

OSUs second best win by 59 over top 20 WIsonconsin on a neutral field, TCU's second best vs Oklahoma at home who will probably end up unranked.

Both teams beat Minnesota by TCU did at home, OSU did on the road.

I think that more than makes up for OSUs worse loss. Osu's wins are better and there is really no denying that with all I just typed. This is an easy. OSU number 4.

Might be true might not, but baylor has no chance. OSU was ahead of baylor going into today and they beat a top 13 team by 59 points. Baylor beat a good team as well, but not enough to pass OSU.
This is down to OSU and TCU. I would be beyond shocked if FSU was left out. FSU Oregon and Bama are in, in some sort of order.

OSU or TCU will be really close. TCU's loss is obviously way better. But lets take into consideration their wins.

OSU with a win over the number 7 team (assuming MSU passes Arizona tomorrow). By 12 points. Also with a 59 point win vs wisconsin who will probably be ranked around 15-18 tomorrow. Minnesota is a wash because both teams beat them.

TCU beat KSU who will likely be in the low teens tomorrow. Their next best win if you take Minnesota out is Oklahoma who will likely be out of the top 25.

So OSU's best win vs number 7 on the road, TCU's best win over lets say number 12 KSU at home.
OSUs second best win by 59 over top 20 WIsonconsin on a neutral field, TCU's second best vs Oklahoma at home who will probably end up unranked.
Both teams beat Minnesota by TCU did at home, OSU did on the road.

I think that more than makes up for OSUs worse loss. Osu's wins are better and there is really no denying that with all I just typed. This is an easy. OSU number 4.

Completely agree. And OSU passes the eye test. They are clearly IMO one of the top 3 teams. They belong for sure. It's just a fucked up illogical system. (Keep in mind i have not watched TCU or Baylor so they could be studs, FSU just limped through everything) What cracks me up is OSU v Michigan and Penn State is essentially FSU. But OSU v Wisconsin is Oregon and Bama.

How fun would this be? (I can't get around the Baylor v Kansas State rematch, the 9-11 seeds are challenging for me). Who wouldn't want to watch that OSU team we just saw 3 more times?

1 Alabama 12-1 v 16 Ga Southern 9-3
8 Mississippi St 10-2 v 9 Boise State 11-2

4 Florida State 13-0 v 13 Marshall 12-1
5 Ohio State 12-1 v 12 Arizona 10-3

3 TCU 11-1 v 14 N Illinois 11-2
6 Baylor 11-1 v 13 Kansas St 9-3

2 Oregon 12-1 v 15 Memphis 9-3
7 Michigan St 10-2 v 10 Miss State 9-2

OSU has played 10 bowl eligibile teams.
TCU 7.
Baylor 6.

To me that is meaningless beause part of that is playing crappy ooc teams to get to 6 wins. What about ranked teams.

Completely agree. And OSU passes the eye test. They are clearly IMO one of the top 3 teams. They belong for sure. It's just a fucked up illogical system. (Keep in mind i have not watched TCU or Baylor so they could be studs, FSU just limped through everything) What cracks me up is OSU v Michigan and Penn State is essentially FSU. But OSU v Wisconsin is Oregon and Bama.

True but every team out there has close wins vs not great teams. IE Baylor vs Texas Tech. TCU vs WVU and Kansas. OSU vs PSU.

How many have a 59 point victory against a top 15 team?

Idk, obviously im biased, but the more I look at things the more I think this is a no brainer OSU.

True but every team out there has close wins vs not great teams. IE Baylor vs Texas Tech. TCU vs WVU and Kansas. OSU vs PSU.

How many have a 59 point victory against a top 15 team?

Idk, obviously im biased, but the more I look at things the more I think this is a no brainer OSU.

I am biased too. OSU looked great.

The connundrum
1. OSU drilled Wisconsin
2. FSU is undefeated and won last year, the ONLY undefeated team
3. TCU for some reason was picked 3rd last week
4. Baylor beat TCU

It couldn't be more fucked. I don't want TCU and Baylor not to make it just because they are new to the party.

I am biased too. OSU looked great.

The connundrum
1. OSU drilled Wisconsin
2. FSU is undefeated and won last year, the ONLY undefeated team
3. TCU for some reason was picked 3rd last week
4. Baylor beat TCU

It couldn't be more fucked.

Yeah. Fact of the matter is OSUs only loss is due to having a lot of inexperienced guys playing early in the year. Right now there is no doubt they are a top 4 team.

Winning by 59 against a top 13 team in a conference championship with your third string qb??

Best most dominating win by a college football team this year.

I think OSU is gonna get in. I'll try to find some projections to see what "experts" think.

Archived