THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

The 12 Gauge shirt Cardale was wearing is a @LampApparel shirt. CBus company co-founded by Brandon Fuss-Cheatham http://www.lampapparel.com/product/12-gauge-buckshot-shirt/ 

Staying in school is cool.

I laughed out loud there. Honestly I am probably being over the top here but I just think this decision is so bad it makes me angry. 

Jones: "Coach Meyer gave me the pros and cons of coming back and the pros and cons of going to the League. He didn't gaurantee me anything."

I got the feeling that Urban didn't tell him to go but his wording seemed to tell him that going pro was the best decision for him. I respect Urban a lot more for that. Going pro was cleary the right decision and Urban clearly wanted him back but wasn't selfish. 

I got the feeling that Urban didn't tell him to go but his wording seemed to tell him that going pro was the best decision for him. I respect Urban a lot more for that. Going pro was cleary the right decision and Urban clearly wanted him back but wasn't selfish. 

I dont get how anyone that doesnt know every detail about the situation can say a kid staying in school is clearly the wrong decision.

I hope none of my kids ever go anywhere near you.

I dont get how anyone that doesnt know every detail about the situation can say a kid staying in school is clearly the wrong decision.

He doesn't need school. He has done what he needs to do to get in the profession of his choosing. And he can always go back to school for free whenever he chooses. If your kid had the skills to get into his profession without school, he should go, especially if his profession is predicated on the health of his body. We only have so many years with that. I can feel old age coming on quickly. They are not closing OSU any time soon.

Cardale says the press conference wasn't his idea, thinks his decision wasn't a big deal.

That's good. I thought it was a big sign of immaturity and a step back. I am glad to hear that it wasn't his idea. He has seemed so mature, humbler, smart over the last month. I am completely won over by him. I hope he finds his way to us somehow.

That's good. I thought it was a big sign of immaturity and a step back. I am glad to hear that it wasn't his idea. He has seemed so mature, humbler, smart over the last month. I am completely won over by him. I hope he finds his way to us somehow.

Heard today that he was actually going pro, Urban asked him to delay his decision, flew to Cleveland and had a 2-3 hour conversation with him first. All heresey but that would change how I think about Urban for sure, and the press conference makes a lot more sense.

The Enhanced Episode of @OhioStAthletics National Championship victory over Oregon debuts at 9:30am ET on @BigTenNetwork & BTN2Go.

I watched the 4th quarter..and it was fun again.. Brought back all of the joy from the other night..

Still pumped that the Bucks are National Champs

Was it immature when Peyton manning did the same thing?

http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-are-mad-at-cardale-jones-for-some-reason-1679806987?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Not coming out was the second smartest thing he could do.  The smartest thing he can do would be to transfer to a pro-style system where he can work on everything that he doesn't have right now.  It would require a shit ton of patience, but he would end up becoming a first round pick.  Coming out this year would have been a disaster.  He wasn't going to learn all fundamentals about being a pro quarterback practicing 3 times a week and getting some second string snaps in pre-season.

Needs to develop his tool-box.  He's got the two best things a franchise signal caller could have in size and arm.  Not saying he can't do that at OSU, but he's running the risk of losing out to JT Barrett, who was incredible this year and he's taking all of his snaps via shotgun in 3 to 4 wide.

Was it immature when Peyton manning did the same thing?

http://deadspin.com/dumb-people-are-mad-at-cardale-jones-for-some-reason-1679806987?utm_campaign=socialflow_deadspin_facebook&utm_source=deadspin_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

Traveling up to Cleveland to do it was what I thought was immature. If Peyton was skipping class to do that then yes.

Not coming out was the second smartest thing he could do.  The smartest thing he can do would be to transfer to a pro-style system where he can work on everything that he doesn't have right now.  It would require a shit ton of patience, but he would end up becoming a first round pick.  Coming out this year would have been a disaster.  He wasn't going to learn all fundamentals about being a pro quarterback practicing 3 times a week and getting some second string snaps in pre-season.

I think you pick that up as a backup for a year or two. Nearly every QB coming in has to learn that.

I think you pick that up as a backup for a year or two. Nearly every QB coming in has to learn that.

Not a chance.  Take Terrell Pryor for instance.  Big arm, great size, wheels and now he is signing reserve contract to sit behind Chase Daniels.  RGIII the same thing.  Dude can sling the ball over Montana mountains and has some wheels, but he cannot grasp a pro-style offense because he has no footwork and cant establish any kind of rhythm.  Kaepernick, etc.  It goes down the line and these last two guys are playing week in and out and getting all the starters reps.  

Archived