THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

Traveling up to Cleveland to do it was what I thought was immature. If Peyton was skipping class to do that then yes.

Do you have cardales class schedule??

He did it on a thursday right? I know plenty of people, myself included, that had just MWF classes for a quarter or too.

Once again you are making yourself seem like an idiot. Im trying not to attack you personally, but unless you know the full details stop being so goddamn judgemental.

Not a chance.  Take Terrell Pryor for instance.  Big arm, great size, wheels and now he is signing reserve contract to sit behind Chase Daniels.  RGIII the same thing.  Dude can sling the ball over Montana mountains and has some wheels, but he cannot grasp a pro-style offense because he has no footwork and cant establish any kind of rhythm.  Kaepernick, etc.  It goes down the line and these last two guys are playing week in and out and getting all the starters reps.  

The other thing MW doesnt understand is that the top 2 qbs in the draft next year are connor cook and hackenburg.

If Cardale wins the starting job and plays well, he could likely be a top 5 pick being set for life.

Being a third round pick and busting out of the league doesnt get you set for life. Top 5 pick does unless you blow your money like an idiot or pull a ryan leaf.

There are so many reasons why staying in school were smart. MW just refuses to listen to any of them.

Do you have cardales class schedule??

He did it on a thursday right? I know plenty of people, myself included, that had just MWF classes for a quarter or too.

Once again you are making yourself seem like an idiot. Im trying not to attack you personally, but unless you know the full details stop being so goddamn judgemental.

Well when you attack me you seem like an idiot so I don't sweat it. I do not have his schedule but it makes no sense to have a press conference in Cleveland to announce you are staying in columbus.

Not a chance.  Take Terrell Pryor for instance.  Big arm, great size, wheels and now he is signing reserve contract to sit behind Chase Daniels.  RGIII the same thing.  Dude can sling the ball over Montana mountains and has some wheels, but he cannot grasp a pro-style offense because he has no footwork and cant establish any kind of rhythm.  Kaepernick, etc.  It goes down the line and these last two guys are playing week in and out and getting all the starters reps.

TP is an interesting example but he ran a great deal more and I don't think he showed the poise cardale did. He would tuck it and go more often and was more of an athlete. But your missing my point. Qbs who start for four years many of them if not most never learn anything about taking NFL types of drops during there time. almost all of them have to learn it and who better to learn it from then someone in front of you doing it and a real live NFL coach who is teaching it everyone you mentioned got drafted very high and is set for life too

The other thing MW doesnt understand is that the top 2 qbs in the draft next year are connor cook and hackenburg.

If Cardale wins the starting job and plays well, he could likely be a top 5 pick being set for life.

Being a third round pick and busting out of the league doesnt get you set for life. Top 5 pick does unless you blow your money like an idiot or pull a ryan leaf.

There are so many reasons why staying in school were smart. MW just refuses to listen to any of them.

He could also sit the bench this year and watch his stock drop. Or play and let all his weaknesses show on tape and drop. The positives for leaving outweigh the negatives by a landslide. Education--you get that for free anyway. Come back whenever you wish. Qb development--it's not a pro style system the best player to come out of it is Alex smith and here is a decent chance you get to watch as Jt barrett gets all the practice snaps and the starting qb position.

Cardale was asked during the press conference.  He said his next class was Tuesday and he'd be there.

much ado about nothing.  

Cardale was asked during the press conference.  He said his next class was Tuesday and he'd be there.

much ado about nothing.

That's all but impossible with the way classes are scheduled to not have classes on Thursday or Friday the first week of school.
Classes are mwf or tr. they have made it so the days of no Friday clases are gone.

I have to return to this one. IF he starts and IF he plays well. He just started and he just played well. Why risk it? And I can guarantee you other guys will come up by next year.

I have to return to this one. IF he starts and IF he plays well. He just started and he just played well. Why risk it? And I can guarantee you other guys will come up by next year.

Idk, maybe because he had a private conversation with Urban meyer that YOU werent apart of believe it or not.

Things that you dont know:

1. What convo he had with Urban.

2. What his currently monetary situation looks like.

3. What his long/short term goals are.

4. What people are telling him where they are confident he will be drafted.

5. How much he enjoys college.

6. What his risk tolerance is? Maybe he has so much confidence in himself and has a high risk tolerance and is willing to risk his draft stock falling for the potential opportunity to be a top 5 draft pick and make bank.

7. As much of a risk it is to stay, its just as big a risk to go pro. What if he tears his knee in the combine? What if he never starts a game and only ends up making like 1M (which is a lot but not enough to set you for life). 

There are probably 10 more things I could think of if I had the time.

Fact is, you dont know nearly the full situation so stop judging the kid. 

I dont mind that you dont agree with the choice or that you would have made a different choice, the problem is the stuf you are saying and how much you are bashing a decision that you dont know all the details. Quit judging a kid when you dont know the whole situation.

I am not clueless. My logic is completely sound. You need to stop insulting people.

Stating the he thinks you are clueless is an opinion.  Had he stated that you were a clueless dickhead, that would be an insult... 

**Edit**

Not stating either as I don't give a shit, just trying to display the differentiation from a moderation standpoint... 

Idk, maybe because he had a private conversation with Urban meyer that YOU werent apart of believe it or not.

This is 100% true. If he is going to start next year, and he knows that 100% you are right.

Doesn't matter. He could be completely rich. Right now he has a perfect route to the league. As a smart man once said. "His brand couldn't be higher". For me it's about being able to do what you want to do and enjoy for as long as possible. Not as much about money.

You are right here. I assume he wants to play in the league and that every goal he had at OSU was achieved in a 4 week span. I also assume he might not start next year and he is taking too big of a risk.

I am confident he goes in the first 3 rounds no question and I think when the dust settles he goes at the end of Rd 1.  I have seen too many players go back and watch their stock plummett as you get more tape on them.

True, he could love college. I know he didn't at one point because he tweeted as much but he could love it now.
6. What his risk tolerance is? Maybe he has so much confidence in himself and has a high risk tolerance and is willing to risk his draft stock falling for the potential opportunity to be a top 5 draft pick and make bank.

True. I am very risk averse and that certainly shades my opinion.
7. As much of a risk it is to stay, its just as big a risk to go pro. What if he tears his knee in the combine? What if he never starts a game and only ends up making like 1M (which is a lot but not enough to set you for life).

He won the national championship in Columbus Ohio. He never has to worry about having a job for the rest of his life.  Radio, sales, coaching....the sky is the limit for him.

I dont mind that you dont agree with the choice or that you would have made a different choice, the problem is the stuff you are saying and how much you are bashing a decision that you dont know all the details. Quit judging a kid when you dont know the whole situation.

I am not judging the kid. Kids make terrible decisions all the time. People do stupid things. Doesn't mean they are stupid people.

Stating the he thinks you are clueless is an opinion.  Had he stated that you were a clueless dickhead, that would be an insult... 

**Edit**

Not stating either as I don't give a shit, just trying to display the differentiation from a moderation standpoint... 

No matter what it doesn't do much to further the conversation.

This is 100% true. If he is going to start next year, and he knows that 100% you are right.

Doesn't matter. He could be completely rich. Right now he has a perfect route to the league. As a smart man once said. "His brand couldn't be higher". For me it's about being able to do what you want to do and enjoy for as long as possible. Not as much about money.

You are right here. I assume he wants to play in the league and that every goal he had at OSU was achieved in a 4 week span. I also assume he might not start next year and he is taking too big of a risk.

I am confident he goes in the first 3 rounds no question and I think when the dust settles he goes at the end of Rd 1.  I have seen too many players go back and watch their stock plummett as you get more tape on them.

True, he could love college. I know he didn't at one point because he tweeted as much but he could love it now.

True. I am very risk averse and that certainly shades my opinion.

He won the national championship in Columbus Ohio. He never has to worry about having a job for the rest of his life.  Radio, sales, coaching....the sky is the limit for him.

I dont mind that you dont agree with the choice or that you would have made a different choice, the problem is the stuff you are saying and how much you are bashing a decision that you dont know all the details. Quit judging a kid when you dont know the whole situation.

I am not judging the kid. Kids make terrible decisions all the time. People do stupid things. Doesn't mean they are stupid people.

But you are calling it a terrible decision over and over again when you have admitted to not knowing everything. Not even probably 25 percent of everything.

I honestly could have seen him going either way and I wouldnt have blamed the kid.

We get what you would have done. But to keep calling it a terrible decision over and over again when you have admitted to not knowing the whole situation is just really silly and dumb.

Yeah, I should just stop responding to someone that is completely clueless on the situation.

learned my lesson long ago.

But you are calling it a terrible decision over and over again when you have admitted to not knowing everything. Not even probably 25 percent of everything.

I honestly could have seen him going either way and I wouldnt have blamed the kid.

We get what you would have done. But to keep calling it a terrible decision over and over again when you have admitted to not knowing the whole situation is just really silly and dumb.

only Cardale Jones can decide for himself if it was a bad decision or not.

Frankly, I think it was a no-lose situation to be in.

The risk is so high on one end. And there is no risk on the other. That's the difference for me. In my mind he was handed a million dollars and went to the roulette table and put 900K on black.

Acting like I am completely clueless is absurd hyperbole.

learned my lesson long ago.

only Cardale Jones can decide for himself if it was a bad decision or not.

Frankly, I think it was a no-lose situation to be in.

There is a huge opportunity to lose. And he didn't have to risk it. Only one side had the chance for a loss.

The risk is so high on one end. And there is no risk on the other. That's the difference for me. In my mind he was handed a million dollars and went to the roulette table and put 900K on black.

Acting like I am completely clueless is absurd hyperbole.

If putting 900K on black nets you 15 million (it doesnt in roulette, but could in cardales situation if he became a top 5 pick) then maybe that is worth it to some? Just cause it isnt to you, doesnt mean it isnt to him.

Not to mention even if he doesnt play at all next year, he could still easily be a 3rd-5th rounder and make almost as much money as if he went pro this year.

If putting 900K on black nets you 15 million (it doesnt in roulette, but could in cardales situation if he became a top 5 pick) then maybe that is worth it to some? Just cause it isnt to you, doesnt mean it isnt to him.

Not to mention even if he doesnt play at all next year, he could still easily be a 3rd-5th rounder and make almost as much money as if he went pro this year.

I see coming back as having 2 options for likely negative consequences and one for positive. He either gets benched and falls or plays and gets exposed or he plays and does outstanding and moves up slightly. I believe he goes the end of round 1 if he comes out this year.

I think you make solid points. You just get too emotional in your responses. That doesn't do anyone any good. You are one of my favorite posters on here. I would appreciate it if you would stop it.

it makes no sense to have a press conference in Cleveland to announce you are staying in columbus.

CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was no accident that quarterback Cardale Jones announced he would return to Ohio Stateat Ginn Academy on Thursday. Jones' former high school served as a backdrop in part to show the current Ginn students what is possible with hard work and dedication, and how important education is to Jones.

Coordinating the event was Ted Ginn Sr., the namesake of Ginn Academy and the football coach at Glenville, the team for which Jones played his high school football.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/01/ted_ginn_sr_talks_with_doug_le.html

The news conference was an opportunity for Ginn Academy to introduce the school for at-risk boys to those who don't know it. The basic tenet of those who play for Ginn is to pave the way for the players coming behind them. This was a chance for that. Jones, like the others, understands that. So Ginn Sr. worked the introduction music, Drake's "Started from the Bottom," as Jones walked in for what turned out to be a stunning but somewhat anticlimactic announcement.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/01/beyond_the_news_conference_ohi.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=gplus

CLEVELAND, Ohio - It was no accident that quarterback Cardale Jones announced he would return to Ohio Stateat Ginn Academy on Thursday. Jones' former high school served as a backdrop in part to show the current Ginn students what is possible with hard work and dedication, and how important education is to Jones.

Coordinating the event was Ted Ginn Sr., the namesake of Ginn Academy and the football coach at Glenville, the team for which Jones played his high school football.

http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/01/ted_ginn_sr_talks_with_doug_le.html

The news conference was an opportunity for Ginn Academy to introduce the school for at-risk boys to those who don't know it. The basic tenet of those who play for Ginn is to pave the way for the players coming behind them. This was a chance for that. Jones, like the others, understands that. So Ginn Sr. worked the introduction music, Drake's "Started from the Bottom," as Jones walked in for what turned out to be a stunning but somewhat anticlimactic announcement.

[font='Helvetica Neue']http://www.cleveland.com/osu/index.ssf/2015/01/beyond_the_news_conference_ohi.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=gplus
[/font]

Makes sense. Will be interesting to see how MW still bashes the decision.

I just don't get how anyone can think it is a terrible decision. I can get skmeone saying they would have made the other decision but you can't say its a terrible decision without knowing all the details.

Makes sense. Will be interesting to see how MW still bashes the decision.

I just don't get how anyone can think it is a terrible decision. I can get skmeone saying they would have made the other decision but you can't say its a terrible decision without knowing all the details.

Logan Thomas was drafted in the 4th round last year by the Cardinals and his

College stats were horrible. I think Cardale's draft stock can only go up. 

Archived