THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

If Cardale does not win the starting job it could bite him.  How much PT will Urban give him if JT is the starter?

He has the inside track right now. I mean both QBs won't be able to practice

in the Spring and I think it would be very hard to sit a guy that just won it all for you.

But even if Cardale doesn't play a down I think the lowest he will go is in the 4th round.

Game-by-game: Ohio State's magical season

By the end, it was not so much that Ohio State was the best team in the land that suspended wonder. It was that these unconquerable Buckeyes were the best by a Texas country mile. Their 42-20 national title-clinching win over Oregon on Monday night outside Dallas provided a storybook final chapter to one of the strangest, most unlikely seasons in college football history. Counted out time and again, Ohio State (14-1) stubbornly captured its eighth national championship and recast its place in the sport. Here’s a week-by-week look back at the road to a title by Blade sports writer David Briggs: READ MORE

Read more at http://www.toledoblade.com/frontpage/2015/01/18/National-Champs.html#hJty5igUuGK25XFx.99

Miamisburg's Myers Talk About Ohio State Committment

MIAMISBURG -- Sunday (1/25/15) Josh Myers ended his recruitment when he committed to play football at Ohio State.
   The Miamisbug sophomore offensive lineman is listed as one of the best three players in the country regardless of position in the 2017 class and most coaches and recruiting services consider him the best offensive tackle prospect in the nation among sophomores as well.
   Committing to OSU was a great experience for Myers and has already given him some great memories.
   "It's been a crazy 24 hours but it's been a lot of fun," Myers said.
   "Yesterday was one of the most memorable moments of my entire coaching career," Miamisburg head coach Steve Channel added.
   Ohio State originally offered Myers in March of last year and while he was leaning towards the Buckeyes at times, he knew even before the national championship where he wanted to play.
   "After the Ohio State - Michigan game I was pretty confident that I wanted to be a Buckeye," Myers said.
   "Got to really connect with Coach Warriner, the offensive line coach. I think that's really the moment where I was like I think I know what I want to do."
   While having Urban Meyer doesn't hurt, what made the difference for josh, was the relationship with Warriner.
   "I think it really strengthened the past couple months of the recruiting process. That was really what eventually was the deciding factor for me that was a great relationship. Coach Warriner's a great guy."
   Sunday Myers spent about 30 minutes talking to Meyer in his office which provided one of the best memories of a great day.
   "Walking into his office and realizing like I'm sitting down and casually talking to coach Meyer right now. It's just kind of crazy to think about."
   After the commitment urban even called Myers' grandmother and aunt on the phone even if his aunt doesn't believe who she's talking to.
   "I think he's called her three times now in different situations or visits," Channel said.
   "She again yesterday said no. But she refers to him as Urban and so she goes, is this really you Urban."
   In the end making the decision is exciting but there's something else that weighs more heavily for Myers.
   "So many things went through my head but I think just relief," Myers said.
   Channel told Myers and his family, "Once you make this commitment what you can now fully do is just focus in on being a high school kid again because you know where you're going, you know what your future's going to be."
   Not only did Meyer rave about the sophomore's on field ability but talked about how great of a person Myers is off of it and compared him to Tim Tebow.

http://fox45now.com/shared/sports/features/local/stories/wrgt_vid_941.shtml?wap=0/

great class again..regardless...  Weber would put it over the top.. I think he is announcing at 10:30

Weber stays.  Also added speedster WR KJ Hill.  As of now the class is #6 in the nation.

Next year we will be in the running for #1.

Beck said he is certain Braxton Miller will be at OSU this fall.

Asked if he is certain Braxton Miller will be on Ohio State team in fall, new QB coach Tim Beck just said "Yes."

Beck said he has spoken with Miller about it.

No drama. All Buckeye. http://ow.ly/Ivilz 

#SigningDay mistake. Ohio State LB signee @JHilliard47 tweeted a pic of his NLI with his dad's phone number on it. Dad got 500 texts.

1f602.png1f602.png1f602.png sorry Dad.. #BuckeyeNation

Retweet
Favorite
More

B9BrGJXIIAE-qcH.jpg

Archived