THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

GO Bucks!

Still surprised that Jones was the pick, and a part of me feels like it was mostly due to the Hokies defense, which is geared towards stopping the run.  So Urban chose the QB with the bigger arm.  As Pollack said at halftime, the Hokies "Bear Defense" is geared towards stuffing the run (so both Elliott and Barrett) and daring the QB to beat them through the air. Hence why Elliott had so few carries.

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Barrett start vs Hawaii on Saturday.

GO Bucks!

Still surprised that Jones was the pick, and a part of me feels like it was mostly due to the Hokies defense, which is geared towards stopping the run.  So Urban chose the QB with the bigger arm.  As Pollack said at halftime, the Hokies "Bear Defense" is geared towards stuffing the run (so both Elliott and Barrett) and daring the QB to beat them through the air. Hence why Elliott had so few carries.

Wouldn't be shocked at all to see Barrett start vs Hawaii on Saturday.

think that's a fair analysis, but i expect cardale to start again vs. hawaii

.>

think that's a fair analysis, but i expect cardale to start again vs. hawaii

.>

oh, it certainly could go either way, but I really am surprised that barrett wouldn't be the guy.

1) he's the better system fit for Urban's traditional offense

2) he's the more experienced of the two

3) he's considered the more mature of the two

4) he's considered a tremendous leader

5) the team voted Barrett, not Jones, a team captain (the first sophomore to be named a captain in Ohio State history)

If Cardale is going to be the QB all year the read option needs to go away.  Cardale can run over people, but he's not really quick enough to be an effective read option QB.  VT was smart last night taking away Zeke on it and saying "Go ahead Cardale".

If Cardale is going to be the QB all year the read option needs to go away.  Cardale can run over people, but he's not really quick enough to be an effective read option QB.  VT was smart last night taking away Zeke on it and saying "Go ahead Cardale".

it was noticeable that once Barrett came in, the first 3 plays went to Zeke.

Wasn't a big fan of the playcalling last night.  Even once they had a good lead in the 4th, the OC was still throwing it deep rather than eating the clock.  He's lucky it didn't backfire.

oh, it certainly could go either way, but I really am surprised that barrett wouldn't be the guy.

1) he's the better system fit for Urban's traditional offense

2) he's the more experienced of the two

3) he's considered the more mature of the two

4) he's considered a tremendous leader

5) the team voted Barrett, not Jones, a team captain (the first sophomore to be named a captain in Ohio State history)

I think Barrett is a better fit for the offense as well and hope he gets some more PT in the coming weeks.

Archived