THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

A breakdown of Cardale vs IU from " One of our sources who is skilled in the X's and O’s of football" (Taken from Bucknuts.com):

“Cardale (Jones) didn't play that badly at all. Halfway through the third he had seven incompletions. Three were to the end zone, and one was thrown away intentionally. You could say the balls to (Nick) Vannett and (Michael) Thomas were 'bad' but at least he missed where you're supposed to. I equate that to a pitcher missing his spots. Is he missing out of the zone, or is it coming back over the middle right into trouble?

“Third quarter, he had three straight incompletions on the drive after (Ezekiel Elliott’s) first TD. I think Thomas screwed up the route on first down. Jalin (Marshall) dropped a catchable ball on second and (Curtis) Samuel got in the way of the ball to Thomas on third. 

“At this point in the game, he could've had 2 TDs (one to Jalin which was just out of reach, and the one to Zeke with the stupid penalty by Braxton). This game should have been 27-10 with OSU with the ball driving with 8 minutes to go. 

“The pick in the third was a bad decision, but give credit to IU. Eight showed blitz and dropped into robber coverage. That's inexperience. Remember JT (Barrett) doing that at PSU? So far, one bad decision. One. 

“Two, maybe three, if you count zone read plays. They ran speed option in the first half and he didn't pitch to Braxton, but that play was well defended. Right before Zeke's second TD, Cardale didn't execute zone read right. But we know he sucks at that. Big deal. I count one bad decision and he'll learn from that one. 

“Two bad snaps didn't make Cardale look any better either.

I disagree with the guy above but whatever...

It just seems to me he doesn't have the timing factor down. For example on that last third down he threw that a second late or else it would have been a completion. He waited till after campbell made his cut instead of throwing it before he made the cut trusting his WR would be there.

Our O just feels better when JT is in IMO.

Archived