THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

O-H!!! :headbang: 

We should move up to 6th in the poll. 

I don't see why they don't make the Playoff 8 teams. 

Oklahoma loses to Texas (4-7) and they're good. We lose to a top 10 team and might be out.

That's BS. We're the defending Champs and lost by 3 points! Oklahoma lost by 7 to a shit team!

O-H!!! :headbang: 

We should move up to 6th in the poll. 

I don't see why they don't make the Playoff 8 teams. 

Oklahoma loses to Texas (4-7) and they're good. We lose to a top 10 team and might be out.

That's BS. We're the defending Champs and lost by 3 points! Oklahoma lost by 7 to a shit team!

I-O!

Yep.

Anyone heard any bowl game rumors?  Would we get the Rose over the B1G Championship Game loser?

I-O!

Yep.

Anyone heard any bowl game rumors?  Would we get the Rose over the B1G Championship Game loser?

I think it depends.  I imagine they'd get in over a 2 loss MSU team, but maybe not a 1 loss Iowa team.

Then again, its at the discretion of the Bowl, and I imagine the draw of the OSU fanbase would win out either way.

I'm still pulling for the playoff though.  Florida narrowly beating bama may do it.  OR unc beating Clemson bad enough they drop like a rock.

great selfie, kinda looks photoshopped though.

CVA7_8-VAAA15z5.jpg

Definitely Photoshopped. Look at the bricks in the wall under his arms. Plus, there is no way that an OSU player is not going to be that close to that many Michigan fans without them flipping him off/throwing shit at him/etc. 

All B1G Team and award winning Buckeyes:

On offense:

Ezekiel Elliot was 1st team, OPOY and RBOY

Taylor Decker was 1st team and OLOY

Pat Elflein was 1st team.

Jacoby Boren, Billy Price, and Mike Thomas were 3rd team (a little surprised Mike wasn't at least second team)

Braxton Miller, Jalin Marshall and Nick Vannett were HM

On Defense:

Joey Bosa was DLOY

Media 1st team:

Joey Bosa, Raekwon McMillan, Vonn Bell

Media Second Team:

Adolphus Washington, Joshua Perry, Cameron Johnston

Media 3rd team:

Darron Lee

Coaches 1st team:

Bosa and Perry

Coaches 2nd Team:

Washington, Lee, MicMillan, Apple, Bell, Johnston

Playoffs is possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

UNC needs to beat Clemson.  I think OSU moves ahead of whoever loses the B1G, especially if it is a lopsided game.

Florida beating Bama wouldn't hurt, but I don't see it.

The sad thing is if they played MSU the way the played scUM this would be a non-issue.

I'm still thinking Rose Bowl.

Playoffs is possible, but I'm not holding my breath.

UNC needs to beat Clemson.  I think OSU moves ahead of whoever loses the B1G, especially if it is a lopsided game.

Florida beating Bama wouldn't hurt, but I don't see it.

The sad thing is if they played MSU the way the played scUM this would be a non-issue.

I'm still thinking Rose Bowl.

Here is how I would pick them:

Oklahoma is in. They have one loss like the buckeyes, but won their conference.

The winner of NC-Clemson. If NC wins, see Okla. 

The Big 10 champ.

4th spot:

Alabama, if they win. Florida sucks now, so probably.

If Florida and Clemson win, buckeyes.

If Florida and NC wins, toss up between Clemson and buckeyes. Depends on how close Clemson lost by and if MSU beat Iowa. 

Mike and Mike had a boner for Stanford this morning regardless of 2 losses to teams that finished unranked. They spoke matter of factly that they leap the buckeyes if they win and Clemson or Alabama loses. Apparently, beating Notre Dame gets them in.

All B1G Team and award winning Buckeyes:

On offense:

Ezekiel Elliot was 1st team, OPOY and RBOY

Taylor Decker was 1st team and OLOY

Pat Elflein was 1st team.

Jacoby Boren, Billy Price, and Mike Thomas were 3rd team (a little surprised Mike wasn't at least second team)

Braxton Miller, Jalin Marshall and Nick Vannett were HM

On Defense:

Joey Bosa was DLOY

Media 1st team:

Joey Bosa, Raekwon McMillan, Vonn Bell

Media Second Team:

Adolphus Washington, Joshua Perry, Cameron Johnston

Media 3rd team:

Darron Lee

Coaches 1st team:

Bosa and Perry

Coaches 2nd Team:

Washington, Lee, MicMillan, Apple, Bell, Johnston

Who knows what honors Braxton Miller would've gotten if they figured out how to use him.

Unless UNC destroys Clemson I don't think they get in. 

I don't get the love for Stanford, the Pac-12 isn't that good this year.  Is their win over ND better than ours over scUM?

OU is in. 

Winner of the B1G is in. 

Clemson and Bama are win and in. 

Unless UNC destroys Clemson I don't think they get in. 

I don't get the love for Stanford, the Pac-12 isn't that good this year.  Is their win over ND better than ours over scUM?

OU is in. 

Winner of the B1G is in. 

Clemson and Bama are win and in. 

Agree on all counts. I'm not saying that the commitee will put NC in over us if they win, I'm just saying that I objectively would if it was up to me and I won't bitch if they do.

If Stanford gets in, I would bitch up a storm. 

Agree on all counts. I'm not saying that the commitee will put NC in over us if they win, I'm just saying that I objectively would if it was up to me and I won't bitch if they do.

If Stanford gets in, I would bitch up a storm. 

Yeah, but having the Playoff without a Pacific Coast team could be a weighing factor. Need to attract viewership west of the Rockies as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Stanford  over OSU to ensure a) there aren't two teams from one conference, and b) to ensure they aren't labeled with the "east coast bias".

Yeah, but having the Playoff without a Pacific Coast team could be a weighing factor. Need to attract viewership west of the Rockies as well. I wouldn't be surprised if they picked Stanford  over OSU to ensure a) there aren't two teams from one conference, and b) to ensure they aren't labeled with the "east coast bias".

You could be right. As we all know, bowl selections never have and never will be 100% about football. To be fair, probably including the buckeyes getting in last year.

Archived