THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

I think they got it right too...the call I mean...

It's the rule that's stupid..IMO

Kicking a player out of the game for hitting a guy in the chest is stupid..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can agree with the chest part. I like the targeting rule though and think the Nfl should add it for helmet to helmet hits

I think they got it right too...the call I mean...

It's the rule that's stupid..IMO

Kicking a player out of the game for hitting a guy in the chest is stupid..

I can agree with the chest part. I like the targeting rule though and think the Nfl should add it for helmet to helmet hits

• 2 weeks later...

Ohio State Football | Nine leaving for NFL draft is more than expected, Meyer says 

Ohio State coach Urban Meyer acknowledged this morning that the nine underclassmen who announced they would declare for the NFL draft was more than he expected.

Meyer said he anticipated the number to be “six-ish.” He said that safety Tyvis Powell was one of the surprises, though he acknowledged that he’s a four-year player who has graduated. "Nine is a lot (to lose),” Meyer said.

PowellJoey BosaEzekiel ElliottCardale JonesDarron LeeVonn Bell,Michael ThomasJalin Marshall and Eli Apple have announced they will leave.

That has left Ohio State with only six returning starters for 2016. Quarterback J.T. Barrett and linemen Pat Elflein and Billy Price will be back on offense. Linebacker Raekwon McMillan, defensive end Tyquan Lewis and cornerback Gareon Conley return on defense.

Meyer said that Barrett, Elflein and McMillan will be captains next year.

Despite the losses, Meyer was optimistic about the 2016 season, envisioning a “hungry, nasty, mean team.” He likened it to the 2014 team, which had to replace the nucleus from the 2012-13 teams.

The Buckeyes unexpectedly won the national championship last year. It would be a bigger surprise if that were to happen next year.

Meyer said he does not plan to make any changes on the coaching staff.

Brabinowitz@dispatch.com

http://buckeyextra.dispatch.com/content/stories/2016/01/07/meyer-on-losing-nine-players-to_draft.html

Archived