THE Ohio State Football Thread

BigDawgBengal

I was worried about this game. Not their usual fluff game at home season opener. 

The first half, 2 and a half quarters, played out how I feared, but Urban made 2nd half adjustments as usual. Hope they're ready for Oklahoma. Still worried about our receivers. Johnny Dixon could be a star though.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 10/22/2017 at 2:42 PM, Bunghole said:

OSU should be really scared about PSU.

as should PSU... they haven't seen the type of talent they are about to see Saturday.. meatchicken is a horrible offensive team

I'm not saying Bucks win easy or anything like that, but I think they win it in a close one.

Bucks currently 6 point favorites 

48 minutes ago, Jamie_B said:

I like them over all.. I just don't really like them changing the helmet.

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I think this one comes down to the OSU O-line.  If they play well we win, if not we don't.

yea.. that's probably about right...

I was pretty confident the Bucks would win this game...the closer we are getting I am feeling the nerves in my stomach... 

Can't wait though...  #GoBucks 

Week 10 KBCS:

Note: This is a fictional 8-team playoff system which places emphasis on winning your way into the post-season via securing your conference championship, while throwing the voters a bone by allowing them to select 2-3 entrants and using voting results to determine seeding/pairings.  5 of the 8 spots are reserved for conference champions - one is an automatic bid for the conference that is home to the defending national champ, while the other 4 go to the conferences who post the best cumulative non-conference record against the other competing conferences.  The remaining spots go to the highest-ranked teams not already in the field.  If there are any undefeated teams outside the preliminary field of eight, they are included.  The first undefeated team bumps the lowest at-large team, while the second (and any other) undefeated teams are added to the field but must compete in a play-in game.

Conference Bids:

Automatic Bid to ACC (defending national champ - Clemson)

Competed Bids to best 4 based on total non-conference record:

(1) SEC (34-7) 0.829
(2) P12 (27-8) 0.771

(3) B10 (32-10) 0.762

(4) B12 (20-10) 0.667

(-) AAC (25-16) 0.610

(-) MWC (20-24) 0.455

(-) CUSA (22-28) 0.440

(-) MAC (21-27) 0.438

(-) SBC (13-29) 0.310

Conference bids are awarded to conference champs at end of regular season.  For tracking purposes, they are awarded here to the conference/division leader with the fewest conference losses.  If there are multiple, then the highest-ranked based on the weekly Coaches Poll:

ACC = Miami(FL) over NC State (Rank = 6 v 19)

SEC = Alabama over Georgia (Rank = 1 v 2)

P12 = Washington (11) over USC (17), Stanford (18) and Arizona (25)

B10 = Ohio State (3) over Wisconsin (4)

B12 = Oklahoma (9) over Oklahoma St (10), TCU (12) and Iowa State (16)

At Large Bids:

Three highest-ranked teams (Coaches Poll) not already in field

(2) Georgia

(4) Wisconsin

(5) Clemson - bubble team

Undefeated Teams:

Any undefeated teams not already in the field are included.  The first one bumps the lowest-ranked at-large team.  Any others are added to the field but will require a play-in game to get the field down to 8 teams

UCF (ACC) 7-0  (bumps Clemson)

No other Undefeateds left, no play-in game required

Playoff Field (seeded by Ranking):

(1) Alabama (8-0 SEC)

(2) Georgia (8-0 At-Large)

(3) Ohio State (7-1 B10)

(4) Wisconsin (8-0 At-Large)

(6) Miami(FL) (7-0 ACC)

(9) Oklahoma (7-1 B12)

(11) Washington (7-1 P12)

(14) UCF (7-0 At-Large)

First Round Pairings:

Quarterfinals are played on campus sites.  Top three conference champs plus next highest-ranked team get games at home.

Pairings have best home team playing worst road team, but no two teams from same conference may play each other.

Home: (1) Alabama (2) Georgia (3) Ohio State (6) Miami

Road: (4) Wisconsin (9) Oklahoma (11) Washington (14) UCF

Pairings:

(14) UCF (7-0) at (1) Alabama (8-0)

(11) Washington (7-1) at (2) Georgia (8-0)

(9) Oklahoma (7-1) at (3) Ohio State (7-1)

(4) Wisconsin (8-0) at (6) Miami(FL) (7-0)

Winners advance to neutral-site Semi-Finals, Semi Finals are hosted on a rotating basis between the five major bowls (Rose Sugar Cotton Fiesta Orange)

Best plays worst, but teams from same conference cannot play UNLESS 3 or more of the semi-finalists are from same conference, then it's just best v worst

If a Semi Final site has a traditional affiliation with a conference whose champion is in the Semi-Finals, that site gets that team if possible.

Rose = B10/P10

Sugar = SEC

Cotton = B10

Fiesta = none

Orange = ACC

This year, Rose (B10/P10) and Sugar (SEC) are the Semi-Final sites

If the 4 home teams win:

(6) Miami(FL) v (1) Alabama = Sugar Bowl (because Alabama are SEC champs)

(3) Ohio State v (2) Georgia = Rose Bowl (because Ohio State are B10 champs)

Archived