Do you think we can compete now?

[quote name='Elijah15' timestamp='1321839116' post='1065771']
Actually the bucaneers went 10-6 once and didnt make the playoffs,so did the giants i think. We have to win 11 games in my eyes[/quote]

The Patriots went 11-5 and missed out one time. But I don't think this year you need to go 11-5 to make it. Guess we will see.

we have played 3 teams that have a winning record as of right now... and are 0-3. The rematches against the Steelers and Ravens will tell the tale.

It kind of showed we missed hall...I hope Jones and Jennings can get int he groove quickly.

We have cleveland, STl and AZ still that should put us at 9 wins "easily".... Pit and Balt are huge games.. and the houston one should be interesting, Andre and Arian against the D should be a good matchup and test for both teams..

if we cant beat pit and balt, the houston game is a MUST...

Going to be an exciting and telling last 6 games...

[quote name='GoBengals' timestamp='1321840561' post='1065783']
we have played 3 teams that have a winning record as of right now... and are 0-3. The rematches against the Steelers and Ravens will tell the tale.

It kind of showed we missed hall...I hope Jones and Jennings can get int he groove quickly.

We have cleveland, STl and AZ still that should put us at 9 wins "easily".... Pit and Balt are huge games.. and the houston one should be interesting, Andre and Arian against the D should be a good matchup and test for both teams..

if we cant beat pit and balt, the houston game is a MUST...

Going to be an exciting and telling last 6 games...
[/quote]

I kinda agree on Hall, though fwiw from John Thornton

[quote]And it wasn’t becasue Leon Hall was out. All of Smith’s plays came on the opposite side of where Hall would line up.[/quote]

Actually the bucaneers went 10-6 once and didnt make the playoffs,so did the giants i think. We have to win 11 games in my eyes
[/quote]

I agree this season. The way the Stealers and the Birds are playing, I don't see an easy road to the playoffs. 9-7 surely won't cut that mustard. 10-6 is questionable.
MULLY

[quote name='Fulcher_33' timestamp='1321841178' post='1065793']
I agree this season. The way the Stealers and the Birds are playing, I don't see an easy road to the playoffs. 9-7 surely won't cut that mustard. 10-6 is questionable.
MULLY
[/quote]

10-6 should be pretty safe. Bengals would have at minimum a 7-5 conference record. Their biggest threat is the jets, who are already 4-5 in conference. I don't think the jets get to 11 wins.

I feel pretty good if the Bengals get to 10.

[quote name='kennethmw' timestamp='1321826588' post='1065621']
Even though we lost to both Piss and the Rats, I think we've proved we can compete. I said at the beginning of this season, that Dalton has "IT", and I personally think he's proved it. I think if we stay healthy, we're positioned for a few years of success, based on the first ten games of this season. What do you think?
[/quote]

my mindset has done a total 180 from what it was at the start of the season. i'm sure every optimist says it, but this team could so easily be undefeated at this point. i don't see any team in the league that i'm fearful of, aside from green bay. we outplayed a team that many said was the class of this division today. we lost a game we should have won last week against a perennial super bowl champ. with the expected maturation that should occur from now to the end of the year, i think we can strap them up with anyone in the league. i've watched this team since it's inception and i can honestly saythis... i haven't had this mindset in years!

Actually the bucaneers went 10-6 once and didnt make the playoffs,so did the giants i think. We have to win 11 games in my eyes
[/quote]

Depends on the year. 8-8 has been good enough a couple times.

This is the most respect I can remember the Bengals ever getting from opposing fans. Usually Baltimore/Pitt fans annoy me because it was never the Bengals playing well, but them playing poorly.... but not this year. There's real respect for Dalton and considerable worry about the future.

I really love this team. I became a football fan in 2002 and this is the most solid Bengals' team I can remember. Can we compete? We ARE competing.

I think Dan Hoard asked every player and coach he interviewed after the game if they thought that this proved that they can compete in the AFC North. What a stupid question to ask people on the team. What are they going to say? No. It's like he was excited that they only lost by 7 to the stealers and ratbirds. There was no question that they can play with these teams. They just came up short. I'm starting to get tired of hearing sports analysts patronize them. It's like they're saying, "They're doing pretty well for the Bengals.". The Bengals have always competed with the Ratbirds and have won more than they lost. It's not like they played well against a better team. They can and will compete in every game, they just need to make big plays when they count and not let it come down to a situation where the refs control their fate.

[quote name='Bgal' timestamp='1321844341' post='1065833']
This is the most respect I can remember the Bengals ever getting from opposing fans. Usually Baltimore/Pitt fans annoy me because it was never the Bengals playing well, but them playing poorly.... but not this year. There's real respect for Dalton and considerable worry about the future.

I really love this team. I became a football fan in 2002 and this is the most solid Bengals' team I can remember. Can we compete? We ARE competing.
[/quote]

I can promise you from living in Baltimore (been here since July 2009) that this is the most respect I have heard the fans here give the Bengals. And that includes the 2009 playoff team.

[/quote]
It just totally depends on how the non-division winners in the rest of the AFC do from here on out. Lets just say the AFC divisional winners are Pittsburgh, New England, Houston and Oakland right now, based on their current records. That leaves two wildcard spots. One is probably going to Baltimore (or Pittsburgh, depending) and the other right now would go to the Bengals. Nobody else has an above .500 record in the AFC that isn't currently winning their division. Its entirely conceivable that BOTH wildcard spots come out of the AFCN this season. Heck, the Bengals could end up winning the division and the wildcards could still be Baltimore and Pissburgh. I just don't see the Bengals having a monumental collapse and a mediocre team like the Titans, Jets, Bills or Broncos taking that spot from us as long as we take care of business.

Archived