Miley and Gullet just got fired

Guest BengalBacker

Guest bengalrick

miley :o

gullet :lol:

overall, we suck even more now... it sucks that miley is taking the fall for this... the manager has very little to do w/ the win loss total... i am surprised though... who is the internim manager?

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:51 PM']miley  :o

overall, we suck even more now... it sucks that miley is taking the fall for this... the manager has very little to do w/ the win loss total... i am surprised though... who is the internim manager?
[right][post="105505"][/post][/right][/quote]

Miley doesnt know how to make a lineup, and he totally mismanaged the bullpen.
That retard has our "setup" man (Wagner) pitching any time he needs a pitcher.
Hes using Keisler way to much in a short time span. Hes been in like 7 games and has pitched over 19.

Guest BengalBacker

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 21 2005, 12:51 PM']miley  :o

[right][post="105505"][/post][/right][/quote]

Jerry Narron.

[url="http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050621&content_id=1098472&vkey=news_cin&fext=.jsp&c_id=cin"]http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/...t=.jsp&c_id=cin[/url]

Bring Sweet Lou back. He is sick of losing in TB, still has the fire to be a winner and will probably put some a$$e$ back in the seats, which would make Lindner happy. The Reds budget constraints call for a strong, proven leader to guide the ship. We can't "develop" managers a la Miley. This team has valuable parts - just not all working together.

[quote name='bigfeet4real' date='Jun 21 2005, 01:43 PM']ugh..............well whatever happens we need to hire a "marvin-esqe" manager, turn the 1st baseball team ever into the best! B)
[right][post="105531"][/post][/right][/quote]

In baseball the manager is much more hands off than a coach of a football team but we do need a manager that will demand some responsibility from his players. Miley lost control of this ship long ago and we all know that Jerry Narron isn't the man to turn this around either. As far as Gullet goes, who knows? we haven't given him something good to work with for some time. IMO, we need to clean house, even the scoreboard operator is sent packing. This organization needs to rid itself of the close minded thinking that goes on in the front office.

If Carl Lindner wants to be embraced and hailed by Cincy he will sell off his majority shares and give the Reds a chance.

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 21 2005, 01:27 PM']Miley doesnt know how to make a lineup, and he totally mismanaged the bullpen.
That retard has our "setup" man (Wagner) pitching any time he needs a pitcher.
Hes using Keisler way to much in a short time span. Hes been in like 7 games and has pitched over 19.
[right][post="105519"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

i don't see anything wrong w/ our regular lineup... i see many problems w/ the players that are on the card though... dunn sucks imo... wily mo has alot of potential, but he is just like dunn except he does get singles too and has a rocket of an arm... i keep reading that the lineup he throws out there sucks but whats wrong w/ the regular lineup (besides dunn strikes out 300 times a year? :

freel
lopez
casey
griffey
pena
dunn
randa
catcher (i hate larue, but he is our best guy right now)

i don't see whats wrong w/ this... i could even switch lopez and randa, depending on whos hitting at the time... we just have a lot of players that don't compliment each other imo... and the pitching sucks...

the MLB manager is good for maybe 5 games a year... its the players and not the manager imo...

Guest bengalrick
[quote name='#22' date='Jun 21 2005, 02:14 PM']I think you will see pitching dramatically improve with Gullet out of the picture.
[right][post="105541"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

by next year... i agree though... gullet sucked...

There is no doubt in my mind that these Reds have turned into the Bengals of the 90's.

All we see is retarded management, bad choices at manager, and players who for the most part don't seem to give a shit.

What did the Bengals do every year. Management hired some jackass coach who had no credentials to be a successful head coach (Shula, Coslet, LeBeau) and kept the trend. The Reds are on the same path. They hire Miley even though he is a nobody, then they fire him and replace him with Narron.

Now what you will see is Narron will probably have a solid second half and then they will rehire him next year only to go down the shitter again. A La Coslet and LeBeau.

The writing is on the wall here. Management has got to bring in a Marvin Lewis type to take over the organization from top to bottom. Until they change the structure on how things are ran nothing is going to change for the Reds.

Bring on the trash bags and CarlLindersucks.com!!

carllindnersucks.com is a foolish idea... lindner for once did something and gave up the money to spend on pitching... foolsih coaches, scouts, and staff are the problem, how about www.theredsfrontofficeanduppermanagementandplayercoachessucks.com/itsnotcarl'soldassfault.html

mike brown ponied up plenty of cash many times too... but puting faith in the wrong people got him crucified.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 21 2005, 02:42 PM']i don't see anything wrong w/ our regular lineup... i see many problems w/ the players that are on the card though... dunn sucks imo... wily mo has alot of potential, but he is just like dunn except he does get singles too and has a rocket of an arm... i keep reading that the lineup he throws out there sucks but whats wrong w/ the regular lineup (besides dunn strikes out 300 times a year? :

freel
lopez
casey
griffey
pena
dunn
randa
catcher (i hate larue, but he is our best guy right now)

i don't see whats wrong w/ this... i could even switch lopez and randa, depending on whos hitting at the time... we just have a lot of players that don't compliment each other imo... and the pitching sucks...

the MLB manager is good for maybe 5 games a year... its the players and not the manager imo...
[right][post="105551"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Lopez should never bat 7th unless he is really sucking.
He is best batting 2nd right behind Freel.

Lopez is....
2nd on the team in RBIs with 43... Griffey has 46
2nd on the team in homeruns with 12 - tied with Griffey
3rd on the team in hits with 64
Lopez also has 43 less at bats than Griffey.

He is not going to hit 50 homeruns, but so far this year he has proven he can hit the ball for average, hit for power and drive in runs.... If he bats 7th he gets less at bats and probably less chances to drive in runs because hes batting behind strikeout kings Dunn & Pena.

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='CTA513' date='Jun 22 2005, 02:25 AM']Lopez should never bat 7th unless he is really sucking.
He is best batting 2nd right behind Freel.

Lopez is....
2nd on the team in RBIs with 43... Griffey has 46
2nd on the team in homeruns with 12 - tied with Griffey
3rd on the team in hits with 64
Lopez also has 43 less at bats than Griffey.

He is not going to hit 50 homeruns, but so far this year he has proven he can hit the ball for average, hit for power and drive in runs.... If he bats 7th he gets less at bats and probably less chances to drive in runs because hes batting behind strikeout kings Dunn & Pena.
[right][post="105798"][/post][/right][/quote]

dude.. i have lopez second... i said he could switch w/ randa (or aurillia when hot, like now) b/c lopez just got out of a pretty bad slump... and after re-reading what you wrote, you said the exact same thing :blink:

you went through this whole spill about how lopez should be 7th, but didn't answer my question... what is your ideal lineup, if miley is such a bad manager at writing out a lineup card?

[quote name='GoBengals' date='Jun 22 2005, 04:46 AM']carllindnersucks.com is a foolish idea... lindner for once did something and gave up the money to spend on pitching... foolsih coaches, scouts, and staff are the problem, how about www.theredsfrontofficeanduppermanagementandplayercoachessucks.com/itsnotcarl'soldassfault.html

mike brown ponied up plenty of cash many times too... but puting faith in the wrong people got him crucified.
[right][post="105757"][/post][/right][/quote]

CLS is a foolish idea? got a better one? maybe everyone should go out and buy season tickets! That will show em! :rolleyes:

Lindner needs to go away or turn the team over to a qualified baseball mind! sitting back and accepting suckiness hoping the problem will go away is a foolish idea!

Guest bengalrick

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:00 AM']CLS is a foolish idea?  got a better one?  maybe everyone should go out and buy season tickets!  That will show em!  :rolleyes:

Lindner needs to go away or turn the team over to a qualified baseball mind!  sitting back and accepting suckiness hoping the problem will go away is a foolish idea!
[right][post="105820"][/post][/right][/quote]

seriously storm, he definately ponied up and spent some money finally... chris welch made a good point last night, when he said that the reds didn't have any real leaders there... barry is gone, and that is hurting us... we needed a manager that could lead the team and miley just wasn't the answer... i don't see carl as the one at fault right now... this is much different than the "mike brown" issue...

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:38 AM']seriously storm, he definately ponied up and spent some money finally... chris welch made a good point last night, when he said that the reds didn't have any real leaders there... barry is gone, and that is hurting us... we needed a manager that could lead the team and miley just wasn't the answer... i don't see carl as the one at fault right now... this is much different than the "mike brown" issue...
[right][post="105826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Rick, this is a LOT like the Mike Brown issues of old. The money part is hard to compare b/c the NFL is capped and MLB is not. Brown always spent money but rarely was it invested wisely. The Reds "increased " payroll up to a whopping 60 million and got completely ripped off. Ortiz, Weber, and Milton have been terrible. And Wilson getting a contract extension is down right awful. Milton will continue to get bombed since O'Brien doesn't want to admint he made 25 million dollar mistake.

However, the striking similarity is b/w Mike Brown muddling w/ player development and day to day player operations. Mike was and is not a football mind. He brought in Marvin and stepped aside after swallowing his pride. John Allen doesn't know a damned thing about baseball, yet he is the one advising Lindner on moves and makes a lot of baseball related decisions. Lindner needs to either completely throw off the purse strings and spend his way out of this (0% chance of happening) or needs to fire John Allen and Dan O'Brien and bring some OUTSIDE baseball minds in to clean up this mess.

[quote name='Storm' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:00 AM']CLS is a foolish idea?  [b]got a better one? [/b]  maybe everyone should go out and buy season tickets!  That will show em!  :rolleyes:

Lindner needs to go away or turn the team over to a qualified baseball mind!  sitting back and accepting suckiness hoping the problem will go away is a foolish idea!
[right][post="105820"][/post][/right][/quote]

perhaps understanding that the owners job is little more than signing checks and have an apointed person handle all affairs, CL is 450,000 years old, you really think he is sitting at GABP doing anything? ever? you really think MBS changed the world? MBS was started in january of 2000. all it did was give people a place to go bitch together, got in the paper, on the news, fly over the stadium.. and we still sucked ass for years and no changed were made... or are you trying to say the hiring of marvin lewis was tied directly to a disgruntled website?

let me guess, we still need to fix our d-line so we can stop the run right? :rolleyes: indeed.

per your season tickets poke. i love sports, i have a .500 record for the reds games i have been to this year, i spend $310 a year on reds tickets, 20 games, from you other posts it seems you would spend that in 3 outings, you give the reds more money in 2-3 outings than i do all year.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 22 2005, 08:38 AM']seriously storm, he definately ponied up and spent some money finally... chris welch made a good point last night, when he said that the reds didn't have any real leaders there... barry is gone, and that is hurting us... we needed a manager that could lead the team and miley just wasn't the answer... i don't see carl as the one at fault right now... this is much different than the "mike brown" issue...
[right][post="105826"][/post][/right][/quote]

he spent about the right abmount of money, but the coaches and scouts made terrible choices, ... carl lindner wasnt associated with baseball period before a few years ago, he isnt and shouldnt be involved in any player aquiring decisions.

[quote name='bengalrick' date='Jun 22 2005, 01:38 PM']seriously storm, he definately ponied up and spent some money finally... chris welch made a good point last night, when he said that the reds didn't have any real leaders there... barry is gone, and that is hurting us... we needed a manager that could lead the team and miley just wasn't the answer... i don't see carl as the one at fault right now... this is much different than the "mike brown" issue...
[right][post="105826"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

There is a huge difference between Mike Brown and Carl Lindner but the end result is the same. Mike Brown sucked becasue he wanted to be the GM and CEO he thought he could run things the way his dad did and he tried to force his way to work, after the seats were empty the NFL, the fans, and his family pressured him to make a change. Lindner just has lousy baseball people around him making decisions, John Allen is a miserable piece of shit and Dan O'Brien is a miserable excuse for a GM, they are responsible for getting the right mix of players to give the manager a fair shot at winning, so far they haven't made any decisions besides Joe Randa that make sense. Lindner could spend $100 million on the payroll but with the clowns he has running things, we will have the same result! Failure!

The owners job is to run a respectable organization. Carl is not responsible for the trash that is on the field right now. But there is a trickle down.

For some reason he has utmost confidence in John Allen as his right hand man. Allen is quite simply a bafoon. He was the one mostly responsible for hiring O'Brien. Obey isn't the worst baseball guy but he is for the most part a puppet.

If O'Brien had his way Miley wouldn't have been hired at manager to begin with. Allen stuck his nose in that process and we all know how that turned out. The GM and manager need to be on the same page, this was not the case with the Reds.

Yes, uncle Carl did pony up the money for free agents. But he only did it later in the offseason, when he realized ticket sales were on a big decline from last year. He had no choice but to do something to get back in the hearts of the fans. Not saying that if we went at it earlier we would have gotten a better player. But at this point Milton was the cream of the crop for what we could get. And they had to overpay him big time to even get him.

There is no one single person that gets the blame for the garbage we call the Reds. But the problem is that from top to bottom this organization is not on the same page. The sooner Carl and John Allen realize they are not baseball men (just like Mikey Brown with football) the sooner this team will be respectable. They need to bring in a baseball man that has been successful and let him run the show..

[b]and they need to stay the hell out of his business.[/b]

Guest RudiRudiRudi
[quote name='CarsonDaMan' date='Jun 22 2005, 05:13 PM']The owners job is to run a respectable organization.  Carl is not responsible for the trash that is on the field right now.  But there is a trickle down.

For some reason he has utmost confidence in John Allen as his right hand man.  Allen is quite simply a bafoon.  [b]He was the one mostly responsible for hiring O'Brien. [/b] Obey isn't the worst baseball guy but he is for the most part a puppet.

If O'Brien had his way Miley wouldn't have been hired at manager to begin with.  Allen stuck his nose in that process and we all know how that turned out.  The GM and manager need to be on the same page, this was not the case with the Reds.

Yes, uncle Carl did pony up the money for free agents.  But he only did it later in the offseason, when he realized ticket sales were on a big decline from last year.  He had no choice but to do something to get back in the hearts of the fans.  Not saying that if we went at it earlier we would have gotten a better player.  But at this point Milton was the cream of the crop for what we could get.  And they had to overpay him big time to even get him.

There is no one single person that gets the blame for the garbage we call the Reds.  But the problem is that from top to bottom this organization is not on the same page.  The sooner Carl and John Allen realize they are not baseball men (just like Mikey Brown with football) the sooner this team will be respectable.  They need to bring in a baseball man that has been successful and let him run the show..

[b]and they need to stay the hell out of his business.[/b]
[right][post="106066"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

you are so wrong, allen wanted the assistant gm of the twins, linder is the one who choose o'brien

[quote name='RudiRudiRudi' date='Jun 22 2005, 05:37 PM']you are so wrong, allen wanted the assistant gm of the twins, linder is the one who choose o'brien
[right][post="106072"]<{POST_SNAPBACK}>[/post][/right][/quote]

Either way, just goes back to the point. No one in management is on the same page.

Archived